English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 December 2007, 22:08   #41
eilz

thank you sooooo muchh

THanks for the Tribute CD's I received.

Can I ask a dumb question, I fired up the xbox only disc, which runs into the workbench, BUT when I try and load a whload game, most dont seem to run or run but without sound. Some only run and then come up with a message about whload is not registered.

Thanks

Old 29 December 2007, 10:42   #42
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilz View Post
THanks for the Tribute CD's I received.

Can I ask a dumb question, I fired up the xbox only disc, which runs into the workbench, BUT when I try and load a whload game, most dont seem to run or run but without sound. Some only run and then come up with a message about whload is not registered.

Thanks
Been a while since i used the xbox version but you may have to play with the configs on some ( which is still accessible) i think the workbench was set to an amiga 1200 to be most compatable and i have found most to work without to much problem.
The reason you get the WHD not registered version on some games is because it isnt. WHD do a very good job on thier installers etc and only limit some games and as i wasnt out to rip anyone off it was compiled as unregistered.

It was never going to be perfect as there are to many variables for each game and the xbox and workbench to take into consideration

Last edited by synchro; 29 December 2007 at 11:26.
Old 29 December 2007, 13:17   #43
eilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Been a while since i used the xbox version but you may have to play with the configs on some ( which is still accessible) i think the workbench was set to an amiga 1200 to be most compatable and i have found most to work without to much problem.
The reason you get the WHD not registered version on some games is because it isnt. WHD do a very good job on thier installers etc and only limit some games and as i wasnt out to rip anyone off it was compiled as unregistered.
Ok, thanks for the info, can you guide me towards what configs I should play around with, and also, if a purchase a registered version of whload, how do I replace the unregsitered one, is it just replacing one file?

Thanks for all your help,
Have Happy New Year all!

Old 31 December 2007, 01:31   #44
PaulyQ

Received this on Xmas day and have noticed some subtle differences on the PC version, would have thought there may have been a hike in UAE version to 1.4.x. I haven't got a problem with this but would have thought after Trib 1 you may have upgraded.

Top notch product though mate and a well deserved slap on the back and a pint of beer and a pie at Mrs Miggins pie shop is surely a hearty thanks
Old 31 December 2007, 12:02   #45
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Actually the version wasnt so old when i started making tribute 2 but im gonna have to update it anyway as i dont think it works in vista ??
Old 27 June 2012, 10:39   #46
garet74

please help me find this tribute cd i love it and i can't stay without no longereheh
Old 27 June 2012, 14:10   #47
Mendel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyr View Post
I must admit that I've not been doing anything Amiga related for a while - you have probably just rekindled my interest...to the point that I may start work on the two games I was writing last year - although total copies of existing games I think they are perfectly suited to the Amiga - Bejeweled 2 and Bookworm.

I have all the graphics for bejeweled and have completed all animations (each jewel type has 50(!) frames of animation alone!!!) The game engine is written so it's really just a matter of merging the two and then adding some sound.

Bookworm just needs an ending and some sound.

Hmmmm. Time to plug the old girl in again!
Did anything ever come out of this? Very interesting!
Old 29 June 2012, 01:36   #48
andyr

My god - this thread is a blast from the past!

Unfortunately I never did go back to the games even though I still have them on my desktop - I'll attach screenies to this post.

Would there still be any interest in these games.

(Actually, Im quite proud of my dictionary searching code in Bookworm. It does a binary search of the dictionary in real time on a base A1200 whenever you select a letter.)

I did briefly return to what I refer to as my baby, which is a game called textris (bookworm re-uses the graphics from it). Basically letters fall from the top of the grid and you have to make words - but it does have arcade elements like explosions, ufo's lightning etc... - it is rather flakey BUT when it works, it's not too shabby! I managed to totally re-write the engine so that it checks a whole grid, block by block with each block checked in 8 directions for a word. It does this in less than a second (but with a few shortcuts it seems instant) and this is pretty good. I was going to get around to putting the graphics in but, real life and that thing called work always get in the way!

If anyone is still interested in these then I may be pursuaded to start again as I'm off work in a weeks time for three long and much needed weeks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bejew.png
Views:	192
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	31992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Book.png
Views:	188
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	31993  
Old 29 June 2012, 05:23   #49
whitegiant89
Lone CBM user

Send a message via MSN to whitegiant89
i'm interested in them, the jewel game look good
Old 29 June 2012, 08:06   #50
Mendel

Oh yeas please, I love bejeweled. DonĀ“t know about that text game but who knows, if I get to try it, I might find it fun
But do remember to enjoy your vacation!
Old 29 June 2012, 09:34   #51
Graham Humphrey

Yes please, they look great!

I remember Textris by the way. I thought it was great, I really enjoyed it. Wonder where I put it...
Old 29 June 2012, 09:51   #52
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

Wow! Those look fantastic. I'd love to see finished versions of these.
Old 29 June 2012, 10:19   #53
kriz

yeah they look amazing !!!
Old 29 June 2012, 17:30   #54
PaulyQ

Tribute 3 ??

Loved Tribute 2
Old 29 June 2012, 22:09   #55
garet74

aarrgghhh here all people have tribute 2 ..where is i don't know ,pls help me find it .i asked for it every where...
Old 30 June 2012, 17:03   #56
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by garet74 View Post
aarrgghhh here all people have tribute 2 ..where is i don't know ,pls help me find it .i asked for it every where...
I made Tribute II years ago before Vista.....It was unique in the fact it was the first and only Multiformat DVD.... It booted on PC with its own menu and also booted on the old Black Xbox....
I Got your PM and i could sort one out for you but it wont work on Vista OR 7 im afraid I will dig you out a copy and PM you

Someone suggested Tribute III ( Which i would happily do ) but back then running Amiga stuff point and click from DVD was pretty special and im not sure many people would be interested now.....If there is interest though il do a 3rd version

Also the Bejeweled game looks great....You gotta finish it
Old 30 June 2012, 23:25   #57
andyr

Ok synchro, bejewelled is my off work project but only if you consider tribute 3!!!

Btw, That screen isn't a mock up either...it does actually play but uses an older engine (and has a few gfx glitches). The newer engine is so much more advanced but doesn't have the graphics integrated yet...just a screen of numbers.

I'll keep a bit of a diary as well (ala downfall)

I'm quite looking forward to this for some reason! Obviously a bit of a masochist!
Old 01 July 2012, 19:08   #58
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Whipped up a main menu demo last night
But this morning i had to get a new monitor and all my colours look totally different..It seemed to look better on my old one ?

Anyway what about something like this....

@andyr...Im working ..Im working

Only a demo Ideas welcome

Last edited by synchro; 01 July 2012 at 20:10.
Old 01 July 2012, 19:22   #59
kriz

Tasty !!!!!
Old 01 July 2012, 20:59   #60
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Nice work synchro. I want a Tribute III DVD.