English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 12 November 2013, 20:52   #41
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Today's Specials: Atari STFM upgraded and Moded $49.95 Shipped to USA and Canada.Good until Sold or Midnight tonight MDT.
"Franken" A500 (made from parts) is reduced to $49.95 USD -shipped to USA and Canada Also.

UPDATE: Atari is Sold!

Last edited by quarkx; 12 November 2013 at 21:37.
Old 14 November 2013, 22:07   #42
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Today's Specials: Comspec SA2000 Scsi Card $29.95 Shipped to USA and Canada.A Max II + -Macintosh Emulator $49.95 includes shipping to Usa and Canada .Good until Sold or Midnight tonight MDT.

Last edited by quarkx; 14 November 2013 at 22:35.
Old 15 November 2013, 19:50   #43
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Today's Specials:Video Toaster 4000 Card-$59.95 DPS Personal TBC IV -time base corrector-$49.95 -includes shipping to USA and Canada. Good until Sold or Midnight Tonight MDT.
Old 16 November 2013, 16:06   #44
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

No "one" special today. but many deals to be had.
Old 18 November 2013, 04:27   #45
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Sunday night/Monday "Snowstorm" Special:
Buy any 2 Boxed games or software and receive 1 boxed game or software of your choice free- MUST state title of choice on the PAYPAL payment invoice (bottom in "message" box).
Remember prices include shipping to USA and Canada. This offer is good until Monday Nov 18 11:59 PM MDT.
This includes BOTH Atari and Amiga Software ONLY and you can mix and Match.

Yes, we had a big "Dump" of snow over the last day and it's still coming down.
Old 19 November 2013, 17:54   #46
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

I have updated the website yet again with a few new Items- Today's Specials: Commodore A2620 Accelerator card with 2 megs of Ram $99.95,GVP A4000 HC+8 scsi card- with a full 8 megs of Ram -$69.95- Prices include shipping to the USA and Canada. Offer good until 11:59 PM MDT Nov 19 or until sold.
Old 20 November 2013, 21:12   #47
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Today's Specials: Commodore 2091 Scsi card w/1 meg ram -$39.95 and A1300 GenLock $49.95 both include shipping to USA and Canada. Offer good until 11:59 PM Nov.20 MDT- for those that care, I have also added CoCo hardware.
Also do to the extreme weather (-20C to -25C Temps and stupid snowfall), shipments will and are delayed until Sunday Nov.24- sorry, just too cold to walk outside.
Old 21 November 2013, 18:16   #48
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Today's Specials: DPS (Digital Processing Systems): Personal Animation Recorder DR-2150-$29.95 DPS Personal TBC IV -time base corrector-$29.95 -includes shipping to USA and Canada. Good until Sold or Midnight Tonight MDT.

Last edited by quarkx; 22 November 2013 at 02:11.
Old 23 November 2013, 17:41   #49
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Time for another Daily special:Video Toaster 4000 Card-$49.95 A Max II + -Macintosh Emulator $49.95 includes shipping to Usa and Canada .Good until Sold or Midnight tonight MDT
Old 24 November 2013, 05:42   #50
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkx View Post
Time for another Daily special:Video Toaster 4000 Card-$49.95 A Max II + -Macintosh Emulator $49.95 includes shipping to Usa and Canada .*Good until Sold or Midnight tonight MDT*
With all respect & no flaming intended, surely this is a no-brainer....

It can only be good until midnight, - if it sells, - which would then be good for you.

Inversely, I guess it would be bad before or after midnight, if not sold....

Perhaps "Good until Midnight tonight" would have been better.

Sorry, I just found your choice of wording an amusing remark to make & it made me chuckle.
Old 24 November 2013, 18:38   #51
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
With all respect & no flaming intended, surely this is a no-brainer....

It can only be good until midnight, - if it sells, - which would then be good for you.

Inversely, I guess it would be bad before or after midnight, if not sold....

Perhaps "Good until Midnight tonight" would have been better.

Sorry, I just found your choice of wording an amusing remark to make & it made me chuckle.
You are looking at this from the wrong perspective.

From the seller's perspective, of course it's bad to have items left unsold.

But from the customer's perspective "Good until Sold or Midnight tonight MDT" will surely mean "The offers are good until either the items are sold or until Midnight tonight MDT".

And that's actually a better sales pitch than what you are suggesting.
Old 25 November 2013, 03:05   #52
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

I just wanted to let you all know, that I will only be posting here and on the facebook groups for the final month of operations of my online store. I was posting also on Amibay, but apparently some MOD has taken issue with it, so I have decided to post exclusively here until someone take issue with it. Starting next week probably, I will be bundling a lot of stuff together. I wasn't sure if it was asked here or an Amibay, but everything will shut down on midnight Dec.31 MDT.(unless something magical happens)
Old 25 November 2013, 21:22   #53
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkx View Post
I was posting also on Amibay, but apparently some MOD has taken issue with it, so I have decided to post exclusively here until someone take issue with it. Starting next week probably, I will be bundling a lot of stuff together. I wasn't sure if it was asked here or an Amibay, but everything will shut down on midnight Dec.31 MDT.(unless something magical happens)
Don't worry, you may continue posting updates here until your online store closes.

It's a valuable service you are providing for our members - even more so now that you are posting here exclusively with news of your final offers (AmiBay's loss is our gain! ).
Old 26 November 2013, 01:12   #54
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Thanks, Prowler.
If I can't get the word out, then literally no one visits the site according to the web stats.
As for Amibay, I believe it is a new Mod looking to gain points with a chip on his shoulder- but I could be wrong- He even removed the post saying I was not going to post anymore and to look for the specials here.
I had always believed that that is exactly why Amibay was set up though, in order to keep the community informed of that exact kind of thing (specials and such).
Old 26 November 2013, 20:26   #55
r0jaws
Amibay fanboi

Let's be clear. It's because you were taking the piss out of our no bumping rules. Constantly bumping your own thread, thus forcing others down the listings for spurious "updates".

It might seem Ok to you, but it's a pain for everyone else who is also trying to sell their items. The Mod in question was only enforcing the rules which you know very well, and were choosing to ignore for your own convenience, and to everyone else's detriment.
Old 01 December 2013, 22:31   #56
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

We are entering the final 30 days of the Amiga lounge online store and I am starting to throw some daily "Bundles" specials.
Today's Daily bundle special: Commodore A2620 Accelerator card-2 megs of Ram W/ Commodore 2091 scsi card Bundle- $149.95- includes shipping to USA and Canada- Offer good until midnight tonight Dec 1 MDT.
http://store.amigalounge.com/p537.html

EAB exclusive offer for EAB members only- purchase the above bundle and you will receive the ASDG Dual Serial Board at NO Extra cost! Just be sure to mark on the Paypal payment that you saw this on EAB!

Old 02 December 2013, 08:47   #57
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

December 2 Bundle is a Video Toaster Bundle: You get the VT4000, The TBC IV card and the PAR-Personal Animation Recorder- all 3 cards for $119.95 including shipping to the USA and Canada. Offer good until 11:59 PM MDT.
http://store.amigalounge.com/p557.html

EAB "Exclusive" Purchase the Above bundle and mention in the Paypal invoice that you saw this on EAB and get the Comspec SA2000 Scsi card for free,
Old 02 December 2013, 22:38   #58
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
You are looking at this from the wrong perspective.

From the seller's perspective, of course it's bad to have items left unsold.

But from the customer's perspective "Good until Sold or Midnight tonight MDT" will surely mean "The offers are good until either the items are sold or until Midnight tonight MDT".

And that's actually a better sales pitch than what you are suggesting.
Perhaps you mis-understand me.

Better sales pitch? - Either an item is for sale or it isn't & good until sold or good until midnight @ any global time zone is really beating the gums, as it can only be good until that final time allowed for the sale.

The only reason I found it funny was as explained above, but then we all have different ideas about logic I guess?

Didn't mean to offend anyone, or clog the thread but had to remark, as Captain Logic here found it slightly amusing to say the least.

With up-most respect, please PM me if you would like to retort and meantime:

@ quarkx

All the best with your sales bud. Good to see some Old Time enthusiasts are still helping to keep the Amiga alive in this manner. Bless you fella.
Old 03 December 2013, 03:01   #59
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Kin,
Thanks and no problem,
I just find it hard to really really clear, especially when a lot of users here, English is not their first language. I find a lot of European users, don't even realize that my site is in Canada, and most of my stock is just "one of". So, yeah, it might sound silly at first, but believe me, I see it everyday, when people inquire about stuff I had for sale a year ago.
Old 03 December 2013, 08:00   #60
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

December 3 Bundle is a A 2000 Video Toaster Bundle: You get the A2000 (Chassis ONLY) VT4000, The TBC IV card and the PAR-Personal Animation Recorder- all 3 cards and an A2000 for $199.95 including shipping to the USA and Canada. Offer good until 11:59 PM MDT.
http://store.amigalounge.com/p537.html

EAB Members "Exclusive" Purchase the above bundle and mention on the Paypal invoice that you saw this here on EAB, and get a A2091 Scsi card with 1 meg of Ram on it for free (No drive)