English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 25 September 2001, 02:25   #41
Amigaboy

ok. I'll look for it....No idea about requirements.

Shouldn't be too high since it's pretty old

Old 25 September 2001, 08:56   #42
ptrchiappe

Send a message via AIM to ptrchiappe
I (well my daughter really) would like to see converted Klonoa from Namco, even the GBA one.

In case you don't know it, is a cutie platformer with a very good story (at least the PSX one) that even made my wife and daughter cry for hours at the sad ending.
Old 25 September 2001, 10:11   #43
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

My selections would be:

Creatures 2
Gyruss
NBA Jam (did somebody start that and abandon it?)
A decent WWF Wrestling game (the arcade versions with the huge sprites I mean, not the two naff Amiga versions from Ocean).
Old 25 September 2001, 10:16   #44
Amigaboy

I heard NBA Jam was completed a while back but never released

Old 25 September 2001, 11:54   #45
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Evil grin

Quote:
Originally posted by birdy-scc

It took a couple of days, but someone actually fell for that!

I thought it might be someone foreign who might not get the joke, but no, it was someone Ingerlish!!

Now get back under your rock, and don't come out until you've learned the term "dry wit", and also not to insult someone you don't know - you bollocking wee muppet.
Unfortunately jokes don't come across to well through computer text so it's near impossible to tell whether your a PC geek who knows nothing about the Amiga or one of the Amiga "crew" who likes taking the piss out of Bill "the devil" Gates and his Microshite company. I'm not too impressed with being called a muppet either. I suggest you take it back lest I lob your head off with my trusty samurai sword.
I'll accept that you were joking birdy but it's hard to tell. If only all the posts were recorded voice messages.

Last edited by Steve; 27 September 2001 at 17:05.
Old 25 September 2001, 12:28   #46
Amigaboy

Akira: DOTT is in the zone

Old 25 September 2001, 15:56   #47
birdy-scc
Banned

I've got a spare Kinder egg that you can have if you just admit you fell for a fairly obvious trap.

(I hope that doesn't come across wrong!)
Old 25 September 2001, 21:48   #48
MethodGit

DOTT & Tony Hawk

Quote:
Originally posted by s4murai
I have that demo too. It was done with an adventure creation kit coded in AMOS. The creation kit can be found on Aminet, but I can't remember the name.
@s4murai: Hey, I'm interested in looking at that version as well as the other one. Perhaps you could up it for me, please? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
tony hawks 2 out NOW! :-P
@Djay: Okay, just where the flamboyant heck did you get that pic from? Or did you doctor it yourself?
Old 25 September 2001, 22:58   #49
MethodGit

Okay, does anyone know the correct configuration to get the DOTT demo working properly? I run the executable but it just goes straight back to AmigaDOS immediately after running. Hate to admit it, but I am so bodaciously stumped. Man.
Old 26 September 2001, 00:41   #50
Amigaboy

sheesh. You should've read what I wrote in the ADF Zone

Even on a real Amiga, when the thing was first released, I had the same problem, and I miraculously fixed it somehow....Now I have no idea (and I ain't gonna sit down and try to figure it out). It's probably a missing library or something (although Snoopdos shows nothing wrong)

For that crappy AMOS Day Of The Tentacle, check out ftp://de.aminet.net/pub/aminet/game/misc/DoopsiDemo.lha

Old 26 September 2001, 15:18   #51
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Say Amigaboy,did that demo of D.O.T.T. ever have any credits of who it was going to be published by?? I recall "The One" ran a news item that Commodore U.K were negotiating for Amiga versions of it & Rebel Assualt for the CD32 just a couple of months before CBM HQ went bust.
Old 26 September 2001, 15:20   #52
Amigaboy

Nah. It was an independant project which (unfortunately) never got finished

It had nothing to do with Commodore

Old 27 September 2001, 16:46   #53
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Remembered another C64 game that would've been a good update-a game by Palace Software called "Stifflip & Co.". I remembered perservering through a Part A of side one of the Disk until I got completely stuck with about 89% solved or something.
But there was a short Part B on side two called epilogue which only seemed to consist of a few screens but appeared impossible to solve!!

It basically had the make-up of a graphic adventure with only a ramsave-a 16bit Amiga led version would've been interesting.
Old 28 September 2001, 05:26   #54
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

LucasArts could have converted all their adventures... DOTT, Sam & Max, The Dig, Full Throtlle... even if they had to come in 20 disks, or CD-Rom only, even if they had to be slooooowww (remember how Indy IV gets very slow in some areas?)

I heard the SCUMM system was converted to the C64, together with Secret Of Monkey Island.. anyone saw that ?
Old 28 September 2001, 06:32   #55
birdy-scc
Banned

steve b, I can't believe you went back to edit your posts in order to try and make yourself look better.

A muppet usually has someone else's hand up it's arse, but it seems you're entirely self-sufficient in that department.

Maybe you could use this avatar, all the same?

As an aside, I once was in a pub at Euston station where some loud mouth was bleating on about having been in the Navy for 18 years, on submarines. The whole situation was mind-numbingly boring until one voice piped up and said:

"If I was on a submarine with you, I'd be the first to use the outside toilet!"
Old 28 September 2001, 06:58   #56

And if I were you, I'd be under a bridge bullying the Billygoats Gruff.

Old 28 September 2001, 16:31   #57
birdy-scc
Banned

That's quite amusing.

Except that you had to be an anonymous chicken

Actually you're probably more of a cock than a chicken.
Old 28 September 2001, 17:13   #58
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally posted by birdy
steve b, I can't believe you went back to edit your posts in order to try and make yourself look better.

A muppet usually has someone else's hand up it's arse, but it seems you're entirely self-sufficient in that department.
Erm thanks for that Birdy. I just decided some of the things I wrote needed rephrasing a little that's all. I don't think I wrote anything offensive towards you. Sorry if I did.
My intention wasn't to make me look better or you worse. Your comments while probably intended as abuse are actually quite amusing.
And no I won't be using that Avatar... but if you find one of Rab C Nesbitt I'll gladly use that.
He's my hero!!
Old 28 September 2001, 21:18   #59
birdy-scc
Banned

Your edited posts COMPLETELY changed the effect of what both you and I had said originally. You did this rather than just admit (publicly or not) that you fell for a joke.

Maybe it's because it was such a crap "joke" that you are embarassed. Well bollox to that.

Take it like a man.

You left a childish message in my guest book earlier, anonymously (you seemingly thought). And here you try to give the impression of decency?

I shouldn't really have bothered responding to you. But I just hate insidious, anonymous, self-serving manipulation.

Now get away from me.
Old 29 September 2001, 00:52   #60
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Thumbs down OI!!!!!!

:kill

I DID NOT leave anything on your gay guest book. I'm just winding you up mate and doing a pretty darn good job of it methinks. Get a life and don't take it so seriously (or personally). If it'll make you happy then ok I fell for your lame joke. Now really birdy, grow up for gods sake!! Just how old are you??