English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old 29 July 2007, 10:38   #41
mailman
Zone Friend

I am not a big fan of Turrican trilogy. Frankly, I cannot understand its popularity.

Thanks for the hint, but doesn't it change Turrican into a spinning and shooting thing which is excellent in dealing with guardians? I will give it a try right a way
Old 29 July 2007, 11:04   #42
mailman
Zone Friend

Yeah, works. But what is the purpose of it (next to getting into narrow corridors)? I have difficulties in destroying enemies with it.

What are the five bulbs on the left of the screen (in the panel)? They are nearly always black but sometimes they are red.

What are the power ups for? Especially those with symbol of thunder? I noticed that they probably power up laser and multiple guns or maybe the flamer thing. On the other hand, the best weapon seems to be bouncer because after loosing a life it does not lose its power.

What are the diamonds for? They are counted but is there a purpose?

Last edited by mailman; 29 July 2007 at 11:28.
Old 29 July 2007, 11:27   #43
farmarfred

the lightning symbols gives your laser beam longer reach. I mean the weapon you get when you hold the fire button pressed down.

the L symbol gives you one more laser wall (second firebutton or space)

The diamonds, have no idea and the same with the red bulbs
Old 29 July 2007, 11:36   #44
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
You will also notice the name of my girlfriend ( Jessica ) at the bottom with a score of 39000 .. Oh well, at least she tried ( Just wondering too if you guys can included my Girlfriends high score in the final count, because although she is not a registered user, she still feels pretty damn proud of her score
Well, she did better than me

However, and I hope I don't seem cruel, I can't accept her score if she's not registered, sorry. If she registers and posts her score with that screenshot than I will include it, but otherwise I'm afraid I can't. It may seem harsh but rules are rules.

And as for the diamonds: I think they only give you points but don't quote me on that.
Old 29 July 2007, 12:01   #45
mailman
Zone Friend

I know what are the diamonds for. Each 100 gives you a credit (and the bulbs represent it). In case of using the credit you lose all the points so it does not matter in our competition (the credit just make you play longer but not with the biggest score). It is written in the manual, as well as the rest of the power-ups I didn't figure out to check there

Last edited by mailman; 29 July 2007 at 12:07.
Old 29 July 2007, 12:02   #46
Graham Humphrey

Thanks for clearing that one up.
Old 29 July 2007, 12:31   #47
mailman
Zone Friend

The alien level is horrendous!

Last edited by mailman; 01 March 2009 at 21:19.
Old 29 July 2007, 13:19   #48
Konrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
In case of using the credit you lose all the points...
Had to learn that the hard way . Had a score of 869000 and thought "Hey, I earned a credit. Weeee. Of course I want to continue". Didn't know that this would erase my score. Will have to try again the next days .
Old 29 July 2007, 13:31   #49
bubblegirl

Hello~~~
I just legally(kkk.kidding) registered by upon your strong policy to post my wonderful score..haha...

Because of my boyfriend who really big fan of Amiga.....i started to play with Amiga and quite enjoy this...( The big fan amiga guys is Blade002.....)

My current score is quite humble comparing with you guys which is 86800....but slowly getting improved....Therefore i love to share my first step with you guys....

Wondering my humble score? hohoh......please check this below evidence..
Oh..FYI you can check my score as jessica win yeah..and start with jessica ( actually three of them..)...See? i am improving...

Thanks for long and boring story...and have a good night...~

P.s: hopefully i can update my higher score very soon....then please give me a big hug..~~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00367.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	14453  

Last edited by bubblegirl; 29 July 2007 at 14:00.

Old 29 July 2007, 13:38   #50
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmarfred View Post
nice score blade

but i cant stand threats when i am in the lead so i gonna help vermillion kicking you to the curb

oh and i almost forgot got me a new score to
(quots blade002) evil laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Thats one hell of an impressive score farmarfred, but ive been given the go ahead from my gf bubblegirl to beat you into oblivion .

Look out for my new high score my friend , and again, Well Done!!!!

Evil Laugh Version 2.0 --> HAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI...
Old 29 July 2007, 13:40   #51
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Well, she did better than me

However, and I hope I don't seem cruel, I can't accept her score if she's not registered, sorry. If she registers and posts her score with that screenshot than I will include it, but otherwise I'm afraid I can't. It may seem harsh but rules are rules.

And as for the diamonds: I think they only give you points but don't quote me on that.
Narr mate, thats ok!. She has now registered though per your request, and has since posted up a new score of hers under the username "bubblegirl", so it looks like you will need to get that joystick polished up and try again

As for the diamonds, they give you either an extra life or an extra continue for every 100 you collect. Its either one or the other. cant remember which, although next time i play i will pay better attention, but of course we arent allowed to use continues as you stated, and i dont plan to die enough to warrant the use of a continue anyway

Last edited by blade002; 29 July 2007 at 14:16.
Old 29 July 2007, 15:24   #52
VermillioN

the diamonds give you extra lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Anyway, congrats farmarfred on your score, but you'll make VermillioN angry... and you won't like it when he's angry...
Couldn't have put it better myself..

welcome to EAB bubblegirl.. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay

My "final fight" indeed - Behold; 4,317,900
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vrm-TurricanII_2.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	14455  

Old 29 July 2007, 15:32   #53
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermillioN View Post

My "final fight" indeed - Behold; 4,317,900
This means WAR !!!!!!!!!
Old 29 July 2007, 15:49   #54
VermillioN

muaaahahahahaaa...

Old 29 July 2007, 16:03   #55
bubblegirl

Quote:

welcome to EAB bubblegirl.. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay
Thanks for your warm welcoming~
While i playing the Turrican 2 to prove i am not old yet.....Blade002 keep screaming because he is quite frustrated about your high score..i think from tomorrow he will working on this game to get a higher score...hahaha.....why did you play so well..and give the pain to my boy....T.T....

By the way, i got a new high score "125600"......still humble..but I love to share my happiness...Yeah..i have never get this stage........My hugs are ready?

Have a good night.~
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00370.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	14456  

Old 29 July 2007, 16:03   #56
mailman
Zone Friend

And now share with us how did you manage to get such highscore? What are you doing and the rest of us is not doing? I am asking because I made it to the last world and got merely a 1/4 of your score!
Old 29 July 2007, 16:48   #57
Graham Humphrey

Wahey! I made it off level one, so I'm happy even if I am in 10th place

Old 29 July 2007, 17:00   #58
Graham Humphrey

Ooh, I nearly forgot...

@bubblegirl: thanks for registering to submit your score and welcome to EAB

@VermillioN: terrific score there, congrats, and is cadaver entering this round? Just curious
Old 30 July 2007, 01:07   #59
VermillioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
terrific score there, congrats, and is cadaver entering this round? Just curious
He sure is, but he's having a tough time getting through the 1st world and feels he needs some more practice 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegirl
My hugs are ready?
All your hugs are belong to blade002
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman
And now share with us how did you manage to get such highscore?
I'd like to think I picked up every power-up, took out the majority of enemies and found what could be every secret in the game. I tried to find every hidden block and picked up ALL of the power-ups regardless of upgrade. Things like the hives only spew out bees for a certain amount of time and then stop, so I made a point of killing every bee etc - then destroying the hive. (This also applies to the metal balls etc..)
I finished the game with something like 38 lives left and 495 diamands..

Old 30 July 2007, 19:04   #60
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
I'd like to think I picked up every power-up, took out the majority of enemies and found what could be every secret in the game. I tried to find every hidden block and picked up ALL of the power-ups regardless of upgrade. Things like the hives only spew out bees for a certain amount of time and then stop, so I made a point of killing every bee etc - then destroying the hive. (This also applies to the metal balls etc..)
I finished the game with something like 38 lives left and 495 diamands..
And what about the time? You seem to be spending a lot of time in the section. Do you lose lives (by being out of time) in sake of searching for treasures and hunting the points?