English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 08 July 2007, 11:57   #41
Graham Humphrey

Awesome work, well done guys!

When can we expect to see this released then? Can't wait to play it!
Old 08 July 2007, 14:02   #42
fritx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfy View Post
Ah Fritx!! My word! Cup of tea anyone!?
Numbers game!

Old 08 July 2007, 14:08   #43
fritx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Awesome work, well done guys!

When can we expect to see this released then? Can't wait to play it!
Should be soon, just a tiny bit of tampering to do

Old 08 July 2007, 15:23   #44
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

We've just been wandering thru the original script at my end and found out something that may explain the error in spelling, the original title screen (that I think Vic-e-Babes did) has the same error! Thing is I'm not sure whether or not it was used!? And if not, should it be used now? It might just be easier to accept that everyone calls it Elektrek and just change to that spelling, least that way we can use Vic's pic without confusing things further...

Can anyone who has the demo version (I don't) tell me if the title screen with the mispelling is used?
Old 08 July 2007, 16:41   #45
Graham Humphrey

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you look at the first post in this thread and the third screen attached by s2325 then it says Electrek on that one.
Old 08 July 2007, 16:53   #46
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you look at the first post in this thread and the third screen attached by s2325 then it says Electrek on that one.
Nah, sorry, I should explain a bit clearer, the title screen in question is of Ralph standing on a giant light switch with the tag line 'He Has The Power', I have no clue if it was used on the demo or not tho.
Old 08 July 2007, 19:14   #47
s2325
Zone Friend

No, no screen with giant light switch in preview version.
Old 08 July 2007, 20:08   #48
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

Hi s2325, see what you've started!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
No, no screen with giant light switch in preview version.
How odd then that both Vic and the mag apparently independently made the identical spelling mistake, thought I'd figured out the explanation there for why that happened, but apparently not.

It doesn't seem to have been used in the full game version either, seems it's just floating about amongst the files in the folder, tho I could be wrong.

Well, I'm completely leaving it up to Chris/Stoff to handle the mysteries of the actual game and what to do with it's quirkier little details anyway, we're playing with recording excerpts of it for Youtube now, tho we're having terrible trouble getting a good clean direct visual off the Amiga, for some reason just about every form of digital recording equipment we possess either rejects or corrupts the signal, must have something to do with the 'old meets new' problems of the mis-matched tech I guess, but I reckon we'll get there if we just keep at it.

**STOP PRESS** Chris is having a little trouble, what he thought was the full game seems to only be about 2 thirds of it, now we need to know if my version is really the full version or no, but asides from finding some platform game god who can get thru all 52 levels, I'm not quite sure how to tell! I'll prolly just send Chris what I have and let him look it over.

It had better make it out for this month or my Youtube movies will be made a lie! (just like proper official release dates then!)

I did a short (crap) play through preview, sorry in advance that I'm so rubbish at playing it! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H65vaxPKi2Q

Last edited by Wilfy; 09 July 2007 at 02:03. Reason: New Information and I just wanted to see what happened if I did...
Old 09 July 2007, 14:00   #49
fritx

Oh that's not good. Do we still have the source and assets?

Old 09 July 2007, 18:10   #50
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

All I know is I have what appears to me to be the complete game and the whole world of bits and pieces including all the original animations and fonts in Deluxe Paint III, I'll compile a couple of disks tonight and send 'em onto The Stoff and we'll see what he makes of it all, but without some idea what I'm looking for or some passwords I really don't know how to ID if what we have is the full finalized game or not.

At the very least I deffo have enough here to be playable, and I'm sure if we all pool what we have we'll have enough to make something worthwhile releasing.
Old 19 July 2007, 11:16   #51
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

Just a quick update for all you guys wondering why the thread went cold, I sent a disk to Chris but the damn post office and it's current penchant for strikes seems to have lost it in some bored postal workers pocket (along with a package for Shal and a birthday card I sent just FYI, so be careful of posting anything when the PO gets p*ssed), so I've sent another and fingers crossed this one gets there.

It does seem to be the full game I have as far as I can tell, but until Chris gets a proper look at it, I can't be absolutely sure, so I do want him to get an eyeball at it.

Patience folks, we'll get there.
Old 19 July 2007, 11:27   #52
fritx

Nice one Wilf Got my emulator sorted out and raring to give it a bash.

Old 19 July 2007, 11:32   #53
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Cheers for the update!
Old 19 July 2007, 19:14   #54
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfy View Post
Just a quick update for all you guys wondering why the thread went cold, I sent a disk to Chris but the damn post office and it's current penchant for strikes seems to have lost it in some bored postal workers pocket (along with a package for Shal and a birthday card I sent just FYI, so be careful of posting anything when the PO gets p*ssed)
... and remember to ALWAYS SEND COPIES!!!
Was made wrong in the past already. Think of a horror vision you have exactly one disk, send this to your mate and it gets lost by the post! That would be a nightmare.
Old 19 July 2007, 20:26   #55
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

INDEED! Thankfully this was a copy, we have it all backed up both on the harddrive and on a separate 3.5 too. Nothing lost!
Old 20 July 2007, 10:30   #56
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

**STOP PRESS** Chris has gotten his copy of my version without problems this time, so that's great news.

He told me that via email today and also he says: "I managed to get a copy of the assembler I used to use and have been looking through the source code. It's quite entertaining reading all the little notes I shoved in there about what bits do what. Also found the level designer." so sounds like he's all sorted and happy at his end, and this weekend me & Shal are hoping to have enough time and I think we have enough bits now to resolve getting the Amiga to talk directly with the PC, which would be fantastically useful not only for this game but also any possible future tinkerings with other bits and pieces that've been turning up during the course of this little saga, although I don't want to get folks' hopes up too much on that latter vein as there are no plans to do anything more than just get this one thing sorted as yet, and also I'm busy this weekend so may not have much time to play about with any of this.

Best just work on resolving problem numero uno for now, though, eh, and I think Chris has as many bits of everything we can track down as he's ever gonna get, and hopefully it's everything he needs, so now it's just down to him finding the time I guess.

As ever, I'll pass on news as I get it.
Old 20 July 2007, 20:56   #57
demoniac

Excellent progress. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 22 July 2007, 21:53   #58
DamienD
Banned

Wow, I go away on holidays for 2 weeks and now have the chance to read all this wonderful progress that's occurred...

Nice work guys
Old 01 August 2007, 10:08   #59
Wilfy
Exgraphicswhore

News!

Chris got in touch last night and had this to say:

" I've made a few changes to the game. Here's what I've done :-

1. Installed save routine for hi-score (never finished that bit before).
2. Copied full instructions onto disk, modifying the wording slightly throughout.
3. Changed Pause / Resume to DEL key only. It used to be DEL to Pause, HELP to Resume, which was a bit daft.
4. Removed ability to exit program by pressing left mouse button. Thought this was a bad idea in case of momentary lapse of reason and quitting the game accidentally 3/4 of the way through
5. Removed ability to quit game by pressing Pause, then Escape. Same reason as above.
6. As I was on a roll I altered Vic's loading pic to read 'Electrek' instead of 'Elektrek' myself so we can use it this time without perpetuating that spelling confusion. Also removed the 'He has the power...' line which I didn't really like. Have a look and let me know on that.

I'm just going to check some of the levels, 'coz I think there may be a few that aren't actually possible to complete!

I've sent all this to Doobs aswell. He's giving it a good play- test. Unless any of us can find anything proper wrong wiv it, I don't see why it can't be put out there now."

So, I have a copy, Doobs has a copy, I should imagine so will Fritx, and we'll all be playtesting it for a few days to make sure it's all there with no glaring cock-ups, but other than that, sorted, it's all together and working and I imagine you'll all be playing it very soon!

Look out for the final announcement from Chris once it's re-released! I shouldn't imagine it'll be more than a week from now.

Squee!
Old 01 August 2007, 10:12   #60
Graham Humphrey

That's fantastic news, well done guys for all your hard work in getting this game out