English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. C/C++

Old 16 April 2019, 19:40   #41
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Uh dude...one of the requirement of a retro hobbyist or been in retro-scene is not using emulators.
So, you hate emulation for some unspecified reason, yet demand someone port an emulator...!? Which, presumably, you would never even use anyway.

Last edited by Minuous; 16 April 2019 at 19:51.
Old 16 April 2019, 21:25   #42
xboxown

Well..the reason why I am forced to use an emulator is because MSX 2 is over priced -_-.

BUT don't fret...I have an MSX 1 in eBay for 39 bucks...I am intending to get it as soon as I receive my paid cheque this week. Don't you think I am going insane posting and looking for MSX 2 hardware? I have...

but they are either going for like 1k or they are broken

So if you have no choice then the best approach IS to get an emulator until a real hardware shows up. I have not used WinUAE for 2 years now...barely use VICE and I do not use AppleWin...because I have the real machine. MSX emulator I need to use it because I do not HAVE THE COMPUTER....once I get the computer then I do not get care for emulators.

I do not remember using a NES or SNES emulator for a very long time either....but if I have zero space whatsoever and financial means..then emulator must be used as a last resort...and not because I want it. If that is the case I would love to use it in my beloved platform (Amiga) and request a high compatibility to it. Hence why I came here for OpenMSX. It is the only emulator with higher compatibility and running MSX 2...unless I can get my hand on an MSX 2 without having to live in the street...I have no other choice.
Old 16 April 2019, 21:31   #43
grelbfarlk

Let the court record show that Xbone persists in speaking about playing games on his Amiga. We may need to request an emergency gag order for the defendant.
Old 16 April 2019, 23:41   #44
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Let the court record show that Xbone persists in speaking about playing games on his Amiga. We may need to request an emergency gag order for the defendant.
I do not know what it is about you...but you always give me the