English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 24 June 2015, 15:18   #561
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Cheers @neil79, can't believe I forgot to post it here.

@turrican3 thanks
Not sure on the blog dates, . 3015?
Old 24 June 2015, 20:36   #562
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Cheers @neil79, can't believe I forgot to post it here.
Completely my error, I should've posted the piccies
Old 24 June 2015, 22:37   #563
earok

@neil79 no worries!

@fol I should have waited to return to the present to make that post.

It's actually an ugly blogger hack to make a sticky post. So long as a post is chronically last, it'll always be on top.
Old 25 June 2015, 13:45   #564
earok

Bad news unfortunately, MEGA got a takedown notice re: Cobe's Mortal Kombat 1+2 pack. Rather than take any more risks with it we've removed it entirely from the site. It's a shame, some love was put into that one!
Old 25 June 2015, 15:16   #565
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Bad news unfortunately, MEGA got a takedown notice re: Cobe's Mortal Kombat 1+2 pack. Rather than take any more risks with it we've removed it entirely from the site. It's a shame, some love was put into that one!
Spose its because the new mortal kombat x on NG stuff.
Old 25 June 2015, 22:18   #566
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Here's a tip when it comes to MegaNZ, try not to use full names which are picked up by copyright scripts.
Old 29 June 2015, 19:46   #567
Doppelgaenger

Can't Download Lionheart & 160 Games Disc from MEGA anymore
Old 29 June 2015, 22:18   #568
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgaenger View Post
Can't Download Lionheart & 160 Games Disc from MEGA anymore
I doubt he will be able to help for a few weeks as he is traveling to europe then UK.
Old 13 July 2015, 21:55   #569
Kloks

Very great releases. I enjoy some of the unofficial cd32 isos on my real cd32.
Is there any chance someone could come up with some of these games as a single game release without any menu at the beginning? It would be nice if you just put the disc into your cd32 and the game begin to play and you don't have to choose between one or another game.

another world
giana sisters
aunt arctic
bc kid
bubble bobble
bombuzal
crazy sue
duck tales
jumping jackson
jump n roll
lemmings
oh no more lemmings
lemmings xmas 1993
lemmings xmas 1994
nebulus
marble madness
prince of persia
rick dangerous
rick dangerous 2
r-type
rock'n roll (mouse to joy would be nice)
toki
tony & friends
twintris
twinworld
Old 14 July 2015, 02:10   #570
SteveUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloks View Post
Very great releases. I enjoy some of the unofficial cd32 isos on my real cd32.
Is there any chance someone could come up with some of these games as a single game release without any menu at the beginning? It would be nice if you just put the disc into your cd32 and the game begin to play and you don't have to choose between one or another game.
Giana Sisters is here;
http://unofficial-cd32-ports.blogspo...a-sisters.html
Old 14 July 2015, 16:47   #571
Kloks

Yes, but this version of Giana Sisters does not boot on WinUAE CD32 emulator and it doesen't boot on a real CD32 Hardware. All other releases from the page I have downloaded are working fine.
Old 14 July 2015, 16:52   #572
SteveUK

Quote:
Yes, but this version of Giana Sisters does not boot on WinUAE CD32 emulator and it doesen't boot on a real CD32 Hardware. All other releases from the page I have downloaded are working fine.
... this was the 1st cd32 game we did... it works on my real cd32? I am not sure about the emulator as I only use the real hardware.
Old 14 July 2015, 17:24   #573
Kloks

When I have test it (2 or 3 days ago), it doesen't start on my own real CD32 Hardware. It's like no CD is insert. Other releases on the unofficial cd32 page work fine for me (and also unofficial releases from other sites). I burned Giana Sisters single game edition with the same mode I did with other releases. I also use the same CD-Rs for burning the ISO to CD like I did with other games.
Emulator I only use after the original CD32 did not work with the game.

Edit: Weird. Now, after downloading the game again, it worked in WinUAE emulator. Is there something updatet? When I first downloaded it, it was 2014.

Last edited by Kloks; 14 July 2015 at 17:32.
Old 15 July 2015, 16:08   #574
SteveUK

[QUOTE=
Edit: Weird. Now, after downloading the game again, it worked in WinUAE emulator. Is there something updatet? When I first downloaded it, it was 2014.[/QUOTE]

Its ok... I only have the very original release and that worked for me I am not sure if earok has since updated it. I know he has updated many releases along the way. Glad it works now.
Old 16 July 2015, 23:30   #575
Kloks

As I am at the beginning of reading and experimenting how it workds to create a own CD32 game, I always wonder, why it is not possible just to change the .slave file (and the data file) of a working cd32 game with another .slave file of an other game (that will work with the 2MB of Ram of a CD32). Is there any info about it, why it isn't that easy?

For example:

"assign env: ram:
assign t: ram:
doublespeed
setpatch quiet
cd sys:games
WHDLoad giana.slave data=giana quitkey=275 preload
fakemouse
hip sys:music/music_playlist
endcli"

assign env: ram:
assign t: ram:
doublespeed
setpatch quiet
cd sys:games
WHDLoad TOKI.SLAVE data=giana quitkey=275 preload
fakemouse
hip sys:music/music_playlist
endcli

I just add the toki.slave file to the cd32 release of giana sisters and use the needed data file of toki in the data folder. Then I just link to WHDLoad Toki.slave instead of linking to giana.slave and doesen't change anything else. Now I burn everything like it was on the working giana sisters release (include the toki game files and the edit startup file), but that does not work.
Old 19 July 2015, 00:59   #576
earok

I'm back home now.

@kloks Are you using ISOCD to add the CDTV/CD32.TM trademark file? If you're not sure what I mean by that you'll need to look up tutorials for making unofficial CD32 releases.

@Doppelganger Both seem to download just fine. MEGA has problems from time to time, if it doesn't work when you try to download it just give it a day or so and try again.
Old 19 July 2015, 12:45   #577
Kloks

@earok: I just speak about to modify a working cd32 release. In my example I speak about the release of SteveUK. I just change giana.slave to toki.slave and let everything else how it was before. I asume that SteveUK's release have a working CDTV/CD32.TM because it works. I just wonder what is wrong in just change the files of the game and Edit the startup sequence in an editor.
Old 19 July 2015, 12:55   #578
earok

Quote:
@earok: I just speak about to modify a working cd32 release. In my example I speak about the release of SteveUK. I just change giana.slave to toki.slave and let everything else how it was before. I asume that SteveUK's release have a working CDTV/CD32.TM because it works. I just wonder what is wrong in just change the files of the game and Edit the startup sequence in an editor.
No, that won't work. The CDTV.TM file is "hidden" in the ISO file and is not present in the file system, if you want to create a new CD32 compatible disc you need to use Commodore's "ISOCD" utility to create the ISO before burning it.
Old 19 July 2015, 13:37   #579
Kloks

Ah, thx for the answer. With ISOCD it perfectly works to create a own cd32 game from a WHDLoad Release. (at least it works on a WinUAE CD32 emulator, I still have to test it on real hardware).
Is someone interested in having some new unofficial cd32 releases from single games with a CD32 Cover designed for DVD case?
Old 19 July 2015, 14:45   #580
ransom1122

Sounds good Kloks.