English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 July 2016, 08:29   #541
sacc-dude

Checking in long time later...

Any updates?

My rapidroad usb didn't work with a quickpak 060 card in a 4000T.

Still want it to work in that machine!!!

Old 18 July 2016, 16:22   #542
klx300r

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
c'mon I know I'm not the only CS-MKIII user here let me know what files your using, tell me where they are & what version they are please.

keep in mind I can only use OS3.1 right now.
@ Jens

??
Old 18 July 2016, 18:26   #543
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Who is your reseller?

Jens
Old 18 July 2016, 20:14   #544
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Who is your reseller?

Jens
with all due respect I'm asking a very general question which could help out many of your customers. A reseller is just that but you are the developer of both products in question.
Old 18 July 2016, 21:00   #545
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Who is your reseller?

Jens
Who makes the product?
Old 18 July 2016, 22:20   #546
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Direct support for direct customers - easy as that. Your first port of call for support is your reseller. The manual is pretty clear about that.

Jens
Old 18 July 2016, 23:55   #547
wmsteele

And people wonder why this guy gets a hard time...
Old 19 July 2016, 15:17   #548
roomeo

Like i havent contacted my reseller... Please tell us.. how could they help at all?
Old 19 July 2016, 15:44   #549
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomeo View Post
Like i havent contacted my reseller... Please tell us.. how could they help at all?
They could either fix the problem, or if they can't, give you your money back if it doesn't live up to the specifications they had on their site when you chose to buy the device.

Jens might be the designer of the product but that doesn't mean that he is required to support all the end-customers. He supports those that buy directly from him, i.e. a reseller like Amigakit or you as the end-customer if you bought through his shop on icomp.de. If you bought from Amigakit for example, they are the ones to forward all your claims to.

Of course it is nice to have direct contact with the designer through a forum like this, but that is a luxury that should not be counted on.

If I have an issue with my ASUS monitor for example, I don't expect an ASUS engineer to come forward and handle my issue directly with me. I will contact the shop where I bought it and let them handle the rest.
Old 19 July 2016, 16:00   #550
wmsteele

So if Amigakit aren't up to the task return this and buy directly!! Then Jen's attitude will totally change and he will support his customer... would love to see it, if true my RR which was bought directly would be working... its not.
Old 19 July 2016, 16:32   #551
Jope
-

In the case you purchase directly from him, you can then open tickets via his ticketing system.

He has stated many times that web forums are not an official support channel.
Old 19 July 2016, 16:32   #552
demolition
Unregistered User

He wrote multiple times that people who bought from him and couldn't get their RR to work could get a full refund. That seems like a perfectly valid solution to me.
Old 19 July 2016, 17:26   #553
wmsteele

I’m sure he has many open tickets on this exact issue, my RR was a gift which I really don’t want to return, I just want to emphasise that buying directly doesn’t necessarily mean end user support is any better.
Old 19 July 2016, 17:33   #554
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
He wrote multiple times that people who bought from him and couldn't get their RR to work could get a full refund. That seems like a perfectly valid solution to me.
Where is that documented? Genuine question. If it's only documented on here, how come, given that this isn't a support thread? Where's the information about the 2(?) year-old known issue documented? When he decided to "shelve" a potential fix for it, where else has he documented that?

Is it written on the product wiki? Did he email his customers? Did he ask resellers to update their product pages and email their customers? Did he withdraw the product?

He can't have it both ways - he can't use this thread to communicate crucial pieces of information (or bury bad news), and then turn around and tell people not to ask questions here. We regularly see new threads started on EAB with new customers facing the same problem because they were not given the information they needed to make an informed purchase. Then other users have to waste their time explaining the issue and pointing them to the only source of official information on the web... this thread!
Old 19 July 2016, 17:38   #555
demolition
Unregistered User

That you don't want to return it despite his offer to let anyone do so cannot really be his fault.
Old 19 July 2016, 17:40   #556
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
In the case you purchase directly from him, you can then open tickets via his ticketing system.

He has stated many times that web forums are not an official support channel.
His ticket system has been down for years...

Saying it like Jens would.. I can ask any question when and wherever i choose.
Old 19 July 2016, 17:41   #557
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsteele View Post
I’m sure he has many open tickets on this exact issue, my RR was a gift which I really don’t want to return, I just want to emphasise that buying directly doesn’t necessarily mean end user support is any better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
Where is that documented?
He did write it in these forums, although he probably also offered it individually to the customers who opened a ticket with this exact issue (which is where the information belongs).
Old 19 July 2016, 17:42   #558
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
That you don't want to return the item if he offered that cannot really be his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
Where is that documented?
He did write it in these forums, although he probably also offered it individually to the customers who opened a ticket with this exact issue (which is where the information belongs).
Old 19 July 2016, 17:43   #559
demolition
Unregistered User

Sorry, I don't know why these multiple posts happen since I only edited my post..
Old 19 July 2016, 17:59   #560
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
So if Amigakit aren't up to the task return this and buy directly!! Then Jen's attitude will totally change and he will support his customer... would love to see it, if true my RR which was bought directly would be working... its not.
Interesting - weren't you the one who filed a PayPal case because you supposedly did not get the unit? You got your money back, and all my resellers have strict instructions not to sell any of my products to you due to your behaviour while the case was open.

Interesting to see how you now claim that "your card" is not working. As far as I'm concerned, there can't be anything like "your card". However, I have lost a card and some extra money in shipping cost.

I'm happy to handle a warranty case for any paid unit.

Jens