English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Releases

Old 17 September 2022, 23:35   #541
abu_the_monkey

that's what I thought, but if we wait for the TOF don't we lose time in the vblank? it might not be much but, just a thought
Old 18 September 2022, 00:08   #542
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu_the_monkey View Post
that's what I thought, but if we wait for the TOF don't we lose time in the vblank? it might not be much but, just a thought
It's worth a try anyways. Ideally what we'd need is a nice double or triple buffer.
Old 18 September 2022, 04:46   #543
The Brave Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Not just me then. Don't worry about "Digital Corruption" that's just the name of the cracking team. Put in 000 I think, and you should be good to go.
Quote:
@The Brave Ant

That would be the original Team17 version, to continue to the game type 000 and press enter. This should take you to the main menu.
You are such a stars! That´s It! I write 000 and then I press enter anf the game starts.

The name of the cracking team was confusing me, that´s a bad name I think, I got confusion there.

Well, Thank You very much.
Old 18 September 2022, 09:35   #544
grond

Quote:
Why are you concerned about losing CPU time if this can only happen when the framerate is higher than the maximum framerate?
Old 18 September 2022, 10:46   #545
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Why are you concerned about losing CPU time if this can only happen when the framerate is higher than the maximum framerate?
Even under emulation it's nice to not have your hardware melting with the effort of doing essentially nothing. Especially if it's running at full tilt on a battery
Old 18 September 2022, 12:19   #546
abu_the_monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Just me not thinking straight
Old 18 September 2022, 14:03   #547
Havie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Are you playing the original or my mod? If so, make sure you fully explore level 1 to get the assault rifle and those mines in level 2 are there for a reason
Nope - this was the original Team 17 version.

Will keep trying with the new version as always prefer playing games through AGA rather RTG if I can. Team 17 version is playable but jerky fullscreen on the V1200.
Old 18 September 2022, 15:11   #548
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post

Will keep trying with the new version as always prefer playing games through AGA rather RTG if I can. Team 17 version is playable but jerky fullscreen on the V1200.
To be clear, the mod will work with the original engine. The mod only changes the data files. I started including a version pipper's engine build in the repo so people could play more easily. The mod was built originally in 96/97 with the original engine and tools.
Old 18 September 2022, 19:48   #549
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
I don't think it was that difficult but if you've started with less than 100 health you will struggle. I cranked it up a little in the mod but I agree that the original game didn't reward exploration much. For me the problem with B was that it was all open from the start. When I was reworking level B, I changed it slightly so that it's not possible to get completely Zerged instantly, just the first two waves. This was as simple as adding doors to access the inner part. Other rebalancing was to confine the big robot to a smaller region of the map but forcing you to confront it in order to unlock the exit.

I think the hazards and rewards are better than the original version, but I'm bound to say that. Judge for yourself.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 September 2022, 22:39   #550
Havie

I couldn't get WASD (from the zone) working and when I used the non-WASD version and chose mouse control, I could set up WASD but forward was mouse 1 and W stopped working. Is it possible to have both? This way A/D can be strafe left/right and mouse controls turning. For me, this makes intense fights easier as I can dodgy quicker!
Old 18 September 2022, 22:56   #551
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
I couldn't get WASD (from the zone) working and when I used the non-WASD version and chose mouse control, I could set up WASD but forward was mouse 1 and W stopped working. Is it possible to have both? This way A/D can be strafe left/right and mouse controls turning. For me, this makes intense fights easier as I can dodgy quicker!
You can blame Abu for his puritanical approach to the input controls. RMB to walk, or death

Last edited by Karlos; 18 September 2022 at 23:04.
Old 18 September 2022, 23:07   #552
abu_the_monkey

@Havie

odd that the WASD version does not work for you, it is identical to the non-WASD build except for the key defined for forward movement.

Try this one instead

Last edited by abu_the_monkey; 08 November 2022 at 23:56.
Old 19 September 2022, 11:11   #553
Havie

Nope - exactly the same as the other version! Sorry - I'm being a pain. I can confirm that I just have a standard Commodore A1200 with V1200 (3.0 roms but I think the Vampire gives me 3.1).

I assume I'm not being stupid - I press M for mouse in game? I have be redefining the keys in the menu - they are automatic. Should I be pressing another key?
Old 19 September 2022, 11:16   #554
Dunny

Quote:
Nope - exactly the same as the other version! Sorry - I'm being a pain. I can confirm that I just have a standard Commodore A1200 with V1200 (3.0 roms but I think the Vampire gives me 3.1).

I assume I'm not being stupid - I press M for mouse in game? I have be redefining the keys in the menu - they are automatic. Should I be pressing another key?
ISTR back in the day that no matter what your forward movement key is defined as, the mouse mode overrides it with a mouse button. Has that "feature" been removed?
Old 19 September 2022, 11:28   #555
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
ISTR back in the day that no matter what your forward movement key is defined as, the mouse mode overrides it with a mouse button. Has that "feature" been removed?
Not to my knowledge.
Old 19 September 2022, 11:29   #556
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:

That's what I do, press M for mouse, and Abu's first WASD has been working well for me. This on 3.1 rom A1200 with Blizz 1260.
Old 19 September 2022, 11:31   #557
abu_the_monkey

The game starts with mouse control selected as default, in the WASD version right mouse click is to change to next weapon left mouse is fire and w is to walk forward.
It works fine for myself and Angus so not sure what's wrong there.
Old 19 September 2022, 11:51   #558
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:

Just in case a prefs file is confusing things, have you tried manually redefining the keys with Abu's WASD version. (disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about).
Old 19 September 2022, 16:28   #559
Havie

I've worked out why WASD isn't working - it only runs with AGA new version! I can only get the RTG and old versions working. So need to work out how to get your new version working.

So...if both other versions are working, I would assume I have all the files needed? Is there something else I might be missing with the new AGA version? I would assume all the assigns are correct as the RTG versions works?

Sorry to have confused you.
Old 19 September 2022, 17:14   #560
abu_the_monkey

@Havie

you could try adding the following as the first line in the launch script for the new version, maybe it will help.

stack 262144