English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 February 2020, 10:12   #521
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkas View Post
Ahh yes, I do have an MBX 1200 with an additional 8MB fast ram and RTC (No FPU installed), I am also using the 3.1.4 kickstart in the real A1200...

I have been digging and digging and have found mentions of the 3.9 install needs to be modified to function on 3.1.4 Kickstarts but I have not found any further details on what modifications should be made...

For some reason WinUAE is happy to boot 3.9 even using the 3.1.4 Kickstart.

If anyone has managed to get 3.9 to boot with a 3.1.4 rom please point me in the right direction as I am at a loss on what to try next (I could go back to 3.1 rom's to test... but it has been a very very long time since I last burned an eeprom for an amiga, that will be a chore unto itself :P)
Amiga OS 3.9 was released in 2000 and Amiga OS 3.1.4 was released in 2018. These are not compatible with each other due to differences in Kickstart roms. The only way I know of getting Amiga OS 3.9 to work with Amiga OS 3.1.4, is to first install Amiga OS 3.9 and then install Amiga OS 3.1.4 and overwrite most of the system files. It's a hacky solution and I would not recommended doing so.

Why do you want to install Amiga OS 3.9, when you have Amiga OS 3.1.4?

Amiga OS 3.1.4 is the successor of Amiga OS 3.1 and includes a lot of features and bugfixes, in some cases maybe better than Amiga OS 3.9.

If it's ClassicWB OS39 you're seeking, then I have already patched it so in can be installed directly with a plain Amiga OS 3.1.4 and this in supported with HstWB Installer.
Old 08 February 2020, 22:14   #522
bonkas

Ya my goal was get the icons etc from 3.9 as I like these better but keep the tools from ClassicWB.

I have tried all combinations of BestWB, BetterWB, ClassicWB.. I Like the Icon look of BestWB with 3.1.4 and plain 3.9 but It seems BestWB does not come with any of the applications listen on the website, or maybe I just cant find them?

I will try 3.1.4 with CWB39 and see if that works.

Anyway I have kinda hijacked this thread and run off track so let me know if I would be better off starting a new thread.
Old 16 February 2020, 20:46   #523
Kelu

Hi,

I'm unsure on how to set up WHDload games with the prebuilt self install images. The eab-whdload-games-aga/osc-menu package is based upon Retroplay as the collection looked like on 2019-02-26, but as the Retroplay collection is constantly evolving, the collection look quite a bit different now (~30 games changed just in the last month alone).

I suppose the easiest approach would be to somehow figure out how the Retroplay collection looked like on the 2019-02-26 and just use that collection with the prebuilt self install image. However, as the collection isn't managed by any versioning control system, this seems to be impossible, unless someone has saved a snapshot of the collection on this date and are willing to share it.

A better approach would be to update the eab-whdload-games-aga/ocs-menu packages to the current Retroplay collection. But what is the correct/best approach to do this with the prebuilt images?

Should I skip the installation of the eab-whdload-games-aga/ocs-menu packages during self-install and then manually create new menu packages and somehow install it after initial installation of hstwb?

Or should I allow installation of the old eab-whdload-games-aga/ocs-menu packages during self-install and then "just" replace specific files/directories related to the game screenshots archive (generated with some of the scripts from Github)?

...or should I skip the prebuilt images entirely, as my changes will end up being an ugly hack, and try to build everything from scratch with HstWB install setup?

Any help is much appreciated...thanks.
Old 01 March 2020, 09:39   #524
eispic

i have a question can you update the hstwb installer with bestwb 1.3 (hstwb install v1.4.2 is only with bestwb 1.2.1)
or is there no difference
Old 04 March 2020, 23:20   #525
MrDBUG

Would it be possible to adapt the installs for Powershell 7 for Linux ?
And another thing is that sometimes the prebuilt install stalls during install of Userpackages games / Emerald Mine.

Last edited by MrDBUG; 04 March 2020 at 23:27.
Old 14 March 2020, 15:16   #526
symbios24

cyberhead97 Amibian 1.5 final is out,thought you need to donate to download it but thats not a problem 1usd will be enought,did you get it so you can can make an new/updated Hswtb image for all the Raspberry pi`s ??

also cannot install hstwb manual on amibian 1.5 image when i execute the command: ./hstwb-installer/launcher/amibian/install.sh
i get an error saying: line 12 command not found

Last edited by symbios24; 27 March 2020 at 11:15.
Old 01 April 2020, 18:21   #527
cabissi

Send a message via AIM to cabissi Send a message via MSN to cabissi Send a message via Yahoo to cabissi
I have a question. The Grandis collection is zipped and inside it has sections such as Demos part 1 with rar compression. When I unrar'd these I got a collection of folders (0,A,B,etc.) which are not compressed and contain multiple folders with files. I put the uncompressed folders (0,A,B,etc.) into the appropriate eab folders. When I double clicked the "build_install_entries.cmd" the log said no entries were found for games or the AGA? Games beta sections. What did I do wrong? Were the rar files what should have been put in the eab folders?
Old 17 April 2020, 21:24   #528
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabissi View Post
I have a question. The Grandis collection is zipped and inside it has sections such as Demos part 1 with rar compression. When I unrar'd these I got a collection of folders (0,A,B,etc.) which are not compressed and contain multiple folders with files. I put the uncompressed folders (0,A,B,etc.) into the appropriate eab folders. When I double clicked the "build_install_entries.cmd" the log said no entries were found for games or the AGA? Games beta sections. What did I do wrong? Were the rar files what should have been put in the eab folders?
My understanding is it needs the games in the compressed LHA format E.G Zool2_v1.0_AGA_0415.lha

If you got the WHDload games from the ftp they should all download in LHA in alphabetical folders called eab-whdload-demos, eab-whdload-games and eab-whdload-games_beta
Old 23 April 2020, 16:16   #529
petarku

@cyberhead97 thanks for the very useful piece of software.
Just one question/bug if i choose update show installed in ags settings , and after update if i choose a letter under which i dont have anything installed it resets amiga after it says it is nothing installed there under that letter.

Is it a bug or it is designed to work like that (I would prefer not to reset but just to return to the menu) ? I guess it is a bug as the same is not happening in hst launcher

Last edited by petarku; 23 April 2020 at 16:19. Reason: adding more details
Old 02 May 2020, 21:28   #530
asapreta

Hi all.

I found this tool and thought it would help me to setup my 1200 without messing around diskettes or using a flashfloppy emulator with adfs and so on.

But I me doing it very wrong.
I downloaded the 16gb_hstwb_1.4.2 and want to create a hard drive image to copy it to my 16GB SD card to use on my 1200 (which has a M1230XA with 16MB RAM).

My first question is: do I need to have an emulator installed or everything is done by the scripts?
Second: the file I donwloaded is enough to do what I want?

I was going to use my Mac to to everything but decided to do in a Windows 7 laptop. Downloaded and installed powershell but I can't get anywhere, never saw those setup menus.

I copied the 3.1 adf files to the amigaOS folder and also the 1200 rom to kickstart folder. I run the setup included and I can only get a "done" message without going to a real setup. It show a red message about winUAE and some other about finding the ADFs and ROM.

Where am I failing?

Thanks!
Old 02 May 2020, 21:47   #531
wiz12

You need to have WinUAE installed on your system already and then go into hstwb settings and enter the correct path to where WinUAE is installed and you're ready to go.

You also need to have the correct files in each folder (amigaos, kickstart), if you look at the readme files in those folders, you will see what files are needed there.
Old 02 May 2020, 22:09   #532
asapreta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
You need to have WinUAE installed on your system already and then go into hstwb settings and enter the correct path to where WinUAE is installed and you're ready to go.
Didn't see any settings for hstwb. Just "executable files".

Quote:
You also need to have the correct files in each folder (amigaos, kickstart), if you look at the readme files in those folders, you will see what files are needed there.

Or I didn't get it or I misunderstood. As I am preparing for a real Amiga, I thought I wouldn't need an emulator.

Let's see if I get somewhere now, but will use FS-UAE.

Thanks.
Old 03 May 2020, 02:05   #533
asapreta

Well I got I working.

Thanks for this very useful software.

Now need to figure out how to install WHdload Games.
I will download Zeb Elwood Package from Facebook Commodore Amiga Group.
Old 03 May 2020, 02:09   #534
kriz

You need to use WinUAE first because these files not included are not allowed to share.. So you add these files then make it ready to bring over to the real machine
Old 03 May 2020, 02:09   #535
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapreta View Post
Well I got I working.

Thanks for this very useful software.

Now need to figure out how to install WHdload Games.
I will download Zeb Elwood Package from Facebook Commodore Amiga Group.
If you got the whdload games in compressed LHA you can use this to install the whdload games for you no need to find them elsewhere.
Old 18 May 2020, 13:26   #536
ChrisR3X

Hi guys,

I've notice a few people, including myself, running into problem with the installer. HstWB is excellent and the documentation is very comprehensive but there are so many options it's understandable why noobs like me become lost

After some trail and error I think I have a better grasp of the process now. So rather than keep it to myself, and out of respect for the tremendous work of @cyberhead97, I've made a tutorial video focused on the "self install HDF image" build on OS 3.1.4.

The video tutorial is for A1200, however it should be applicable for other Amiga's and also includes some tips for A600 Furia owners.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 May 2020, 15:16   #537
acerRI

Just created image with this great tool but i cannot install wicher software.
For test tried delitracker and installed without any issues.

With wicher software installer i got error:
"COPYFILES: CouldnĀ“t copy file "LoadModule" in line 29.
DOS Error Type: Unable to delete a file or drawer - it was delete protected"
Old 29 May 2020, 16:44   #538
asapreta

I just got a PCMCIA Ethernet Adapter (Dlink DFE-650TXD) and would like to know if the HST Installer has some or all the packages to browse the web installed.

And sorry about this dumb question but I don't want to mess arround as it is working perfectly.
Old 31 May 2020, 03:08   #539
Atrain01us

Using HstWB Installer To Setup Amiga A2000

Hi all,

I recently began resurrecting my a2000 by using the services of Thomas Andrews to restore the mb. Now I am in the process of bringing the a2000 into the 21st century and am hoping that hstwb will help me do so.

My setup:

Gotek formatted for Amiga
Progressive Peripherals 68040 accelerator card
GVP Series 2 with scsi2sd card with 16gb Sandisk card
Villagetronic Picasso IV video card
X-Surf 100 network card.

I used the utility software scsi2sd-util.exe on my windows 10 laptop to format the scsi2sd card into 2 devices(dh0: 3.6gb for workbench, dh1: for applications), but in using the workbench 3.1 rom and 3.1.4 workbench.adf file dh0: and dh1: are not being detected.

I have the latest version of Amiga Forever(3.1 roms) and the Workbench 3.1.4 .adf files all legally purchased.

So in searching the internet I came across Hstwb. I have the .adf file for the accelerator card and the picasso 96.lha file for the picasso IV card so I'm good there. Hopefully the installs for those pieces can somehow be incorporated in the install procedure.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) After reading thru all of the pages of this thread, what's the latest on installing using Winuae and Hstwb since currently Winuae does not support the a2000?

2) I read in one post about getting modulesa2000.adf for use with Winuae. I searched for this file and could not find anything about it. Where can I find this file and how is it to be used with Winuae?

3) As I wrote earlier, I have the install software for the accelerator card(pps040.adf) and picasso IV card(picasso 96 v2.0.lha). I think I need to somehow get that into .adf format unless told otherwise). Can these files somehow be incorporated into the install process or need to be done afterwards when hopefully I get to see the end result booting on my hardware a2000?

4) Since the end goal of this exercise is to build an image that can be written to the 16gb sandisk that will then be installed on the scsi card to boot the amiga, which of the downloads should I be downloading to start this exercise?

Thanks for bearing with my rambling. Can't wait to bring my a2000 into the 21st century.

Thanks,

Last edited by Atrain01us; 31 May 2020 at 03:11. Reason: Add Title To Post
Old 09 June 2020, 22:20   #540
slewantoski

Hi @all,

i have a little problem. I've setup a Classic WB 68K with HstWB Installer.
It works expect one thing:
In the Menu you have Shortcuts for Games / Demos / Other (Amiga Key + 4 for example).
This Shortcuts does not work.

My System is like this:
Amiga 500+ 2MB Chipram
ACA 500+ Card
Workbench 3.1.4.1

What can i do to get the shortcuts working?

Best Regards

PS: Same Problem happens in WinUAE