English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 25 January 2020, 19:41   #501
jdryyz

Okay, I was confident enough with my own selections that I could start the install process now. This is what I get (see attached).

I am not sure why OS3.9 is being included in the mix, however. I do have an .iso file somewhere on a local drive but nowhere near where the HstWB installer sources. I also do not have it mounted in CD0: Nothing that I have selected to install requires OS 3.9.

Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	install.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	66000  

Last edited by jdryyz; 26 January 2020 at 18:06.
Old 25 January 2020, 22:43   #502
jdryyz

EDIT: Nope! I still have something weird happening with the combination of MagicMenu and Tools Daemon. I was fooled again because it was working under WinUAE. Sigh. More digging is necessary.

~~~~
OS 3.9 being listed was of no consequence. The installation completed successfully. I even remembered to include the 3.1.4.1 update.

The longstanding problem I had with MagicMenu has now been solved. Thanks to cyberhead97 and all those that contributed to this!

Last edited by jdryyz; 01 February 2020 at 03:32.
Old 26 January 2020, 09:52   #503
symbios24

cyberhead97
i want to install amiga os 3.1.4 for the raspberry pi3, do i need to have the amigaos 3.9 iso with the BoingBag39 also in the directory "amigaos" or not?
Old 26 January 2020, 23:10   #504
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
cyberhead97
i want to install amiga os 3.1.4 for the raspberry pi3, do i need to have the amigaos 3.9 iso with the BoingBag39 also in the directory "amigaos" or not?
You can have both Amiga OS 3.1.4 adds and 3.9 iso + boung bags in AmigaOS directory. But you can only select to install one of them, so in your situation I would just have Amiga OS 3.1.4 adfs.
Old 28 January 2020, 08:37   #505
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
EDIT: Nope! I still have a something weird happening with the combination of MagicMenu and Tools Daemon. I was fooled again because it was working under WinUAE. Sigh. More digging is necessary.

~~~~
OS 3.9 being listed was of no consequence. The installation completed successfully. I even remembered to include the 3.1.4.1 update.

The longstanding problem I had with MagicMenu has now been solved. Thanks to cyberhead97 and all those that contributed to this!
Great to hear you got it working.
Old 28 January 2020, 08:56   #506
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madk71 View Post
Hi, Thanks.
I always used an A2000 6.2 recapped, with kickstart 46.143. A GVP scsi impact II with 8MB, terrible fire 534 50Mhz with FPU.
the problem in the past with PFSAIO was that after a while (maybe a month or couple o weeks), coping a file from a partition to another or simply installing a software, I receive a message of corrupt block(I don't remember exactly now). After I used FFS (using the same SD and adaptor) it is almost a year that all is fine. I had the same problem using PFS3AIO on my A1200 with same kickstart (of course the version for A1200) and aca1233n.
The way I used to create the disk was:
Always using Amigaos3.1.4 with PSFAIO-handler in L,
using hdtoolbox, I add the PFS fs using 0x50465303 as identifier (following a guide that was around at the time), and max transfer 0x1FE00. Then I crerate the partitions and set PFS as fs. I used the PFSformat to format the partitions. This is all, at the best that I can remember.
I don't exactly remember the version of the PFS3 used, 3.0 maybe. The FFS is the one that comes with amigaos 3.1.4. Please consider that the TF534 to be usable (the IDE is very slow) I have to install MMULIB with mufastrom.
Thank you
In the older versions of PFS3AIO there was a bug that caused corrupt blocks, if you copies large amounts of files. This was also bug in last official release of PFS3, but Toni Wilen has done some remarkable fixes thanks to help from the developer of PFS3 Michiel Pelt. This is fixed in the latest version of PFS3AIO, so I would recommend giving the latest PFS3AIO v3.1 a try and see how it behaves on your Amiga.

When creating partitions PFS3, please use identifier PDS3 (0x50445303). This makes PFS3AIO use scsi direct communication, if available. For some hdd controllers this is the only way to make PFS3 work properly. A friend of mine had to use PDS3 in order to get his SCSI2SD working on his CDTV with a scsi module installed.

The images I have created has all of the above covered including the maxtransfer set to 0x1FE00. So you could maybe try and create a PFS3 image using HstWB Installer and see if you can get that up and running on your Amiga.
Old 28 January 2020, 08:59   #507
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
Okay, I was confident enough with my own selections that I could start the install process now. This is what I get (see attached).

I am not sure why OS3.9 is being included in the mix, however. I do have an .iso file somewhere on a local drive but nowhere near where the HstWB installer sources. I also do not have it mounted in CD0: Nothing that I have selected to install requires OS 3.9.

Suggestions?
This is where HstWB Installer lists the the Amiga OS it tries to load system files from. In your case, Amiga OS 3.9 is not used. It appears you used Amiga OS 3.1.4 adf files.

Maybe I need to change the wording to avoid any confusing here.
Old 28 January 2020, 12:06   #508
Madk71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
In the older versions of PFS3AIO there was a bug that caused corrupt blocks, if you copies large amounts of files. This was also bug in last official release of PFS3, but Toni Wilen has done some remarkable fixes thanks to help from the developer of PFS3 Michiel Pelt. This is fixed in the latest version of PFS3AIO, so I would recommend giving the latest PFS3AIO v3.1 a try and see how it behaves on your Amiga.

When creating partitions PFS3, please use identifier PDS3 (0x50445303). This makes PFS3AIO use scsi direct communication, if available. For some hdd controllers this is the only way to make PFS3 work properly. A friend of mine had to use PDS3 in order to get his SCSI2SD working on his CDTV with a scsi module installed.

The images I have created has all of the above covered including the maxtransfer set to 0x1FE00. So you could maybe try and create a PFS3 image using HstWB Installer and see if you can get that up and running on your Amiga.
This is amazing. I am using PFS3 now and after a couple of weeks it is going very well. In case of troubles I will let you know. Thanks for the help.
Old 29 January 2020, 01:40   #509
jdryyz

Yes, I have a clean ClassicWB_68k using 3.1.4.1! I still have the strange behavior with Magic Menu and ToolsDaemon, however.

Since my last attempt at pairing the latest OS and CWB was a bit of a hack, I figured I needed to start fresh with the help of HstWB. This did not solve my problem, which means I need to look elsewhere. Since it works fine under emulation, it must be something to do with my real hardware. I do not know where to start. Perhaps a plain vanilla OS 3.x install and then only adding the two programs.

Quote:
Great to hear you got it working.
Old 29 January 2020, 20:37   #510
symbios24

cyberhead97 is it possible to update the amibian v1.4.1001 hstwb v1.2.0 image for the raspberry pi2/3 only with the latest workbench`s versions that are included in the last 1.4.2 version ??
Old 29 January 2020, 23:12   #511
cyberhead97

Quote:
cyberhead97 is it possible to update the amibian v1.4.1001 hstwb v1.2.0 image for the raspberry pi2/3 only with the latest workbench`s versions that are included in the last 1.4.2 version ??
Yes, it should be possible with this guide https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...er-for-Amibian. This should work for my previous images with Amibian and the official v1.4.1001.

Note that with this approach I'm making HstWB Installer updateable without having to create a new modified Amibian image for each new release of HstWB Installer
Old 30 January 2020, 22:47   #512
Madk71

Quote:

Hi, just a question. This new version of PFS3 is present on aminet? It is just the PFS3_AIO?
Thanks
Old 31 January 2020, 15:35   #513
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madk71 View Post
Hi, just a question. This new version of PFS3 is present on aminet? It is just the PFS3_AIO?
Thanks
The latest PFS3AIO v3.1 is available at http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/pfs3aio.
Old 01 February 2020, 08:38   #514
symbios24

cyberhead97 i want to create a base image of hstwb installer for Raspberry Pi like the previous image first time boot asking for kickstart etc.
what are the steps to do it??

i tried to install with the new usb_self_install it keeps asking for amigaos file aparently something in setup is not correct, i attached 3 photos under to see

https://ibb.co/QYXrs27

https://ibb.co/kXR9PMS

i changed the locations in the flash drive with the ones from the hard drives panel but nothing still the same

what i did after is replace the folder amiga files in the stock hstwb 1.2.1 image with the ones from the 1.4.2 archive and i got this configuration in the hard drives panel of amiberry i changed the locations based in this configuration image but the installer is stil asking for the amigaos file/s

https://ibb.co/Dbybnqr

is this some bug/error in the new usb_self_install i extracted in the flash drive?

since im confused a little bit is it possible that you can make an updated hstwb 1.4.2 image and put it in the downloads for raspberry pi3?

or if you cannot now can you describe the steps you take to install hstwb 1.4.2 before and after installing it in this page

https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...er-for-Amibian

what are the steps after (Follow the dialog messages to complete installation of HstWB Installer for Amibian)

Last edited by symbios24; 02 February 2020 at 12:34.
Old 04 February 2020, 09:18   #515
cyberhead97

Quote:
cyberhead97 i want to create a base image of hstwb installer for Raspberry Pi like the previous image first time boot asking for kickstart etc.
what are the steps to do it??

i tried to install with the new usb_self_install it keeps asking for amigaos file aparently something in setup is not correct, i attached 3 photos under to see

https://ibb.co/QYXrs27

https://ibb.co/kXR9PMS

i changed the locations in the flash drive with the ones from the hard drives panel but nothing still the same

what i did after is replace the folder amiga files in the stock hstwb 1.2.1 image with the ones from the 1.4.2 archive and i got this configuration in the hard drives panel of amiberry i changed the locations based in this configuration image but the installer is stil asking for the amigaos file/s

https://ibb.co/Dbybnqr

is this some bug/error in the new usb_self_install i extracted in the flash drive?

since im confused a little bit is it possible that you can make an updated hstwb 1.4.2 image and put it in the downloads for raspberry pi3?

or if you cannot now can you describe the steps you take to install hstwb 1.4.2 before and after installing it in this page

https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...er-for-Amibian

what are the steps after (Follow the dialog messages to complete installation of HstWB Installer for Amibian)
You should be able to use either Amibian v1.4.1001 or HstWB Installer for Amibian v1.4.1001 image I made. These are essentially the same.

Then you need to use the new USB self install and copy Amiga OS to "amigaos" directory and Kickstart ROMs to "kickstart" directory.

With HstWB Installer installed as described in the wiki, you need to insert USB stick with self install files. Then type "hstwb" and select Setup, HstWB Installer and Install HstWB Installer image. This downloads and unpacks the latest image for Amiberry and UAE4ARM ready for use. Next select Setup, Find HstWB Self Install to update symlinks used emulators to access USB self install.

Then you can run emulator to start HstWB Installer and it should run as usual.
Old 04 February 2020, 09:25   #516
symbios24

Question

cyberhead97 thanks

i did that excactly as you said and as the first picture show it cannot find the amiga os iso/files

i tried in a fresh amibian image and in the hstwb image the same result cannot find the amiga os files/iso

i tried too many times without result

is it possible to make an hstwb image ready to work with your setup and put it in downloads??

thanks
Old 04 February 2020, 11:04   #517
cyberhead97

Quote:
cyberhead97 thanks

i did that excactly as you said and as the first picture show it cannot find the amiga os iso/files

i tried in a fresh amibian image and in the hstwb image the same result cannot find the amiga os files/iso

i tried too many times without result

is it possible to make an hstwb image ready to work with your setup and put it in downloads??

thanks
I'm not sure an updated HstWB Installer for Amibian will help as the USB and self install detection are the same.

If you insert your USB stick with self install and from Amibian console type "hstwb" and select Setup, HstWB Installer and Find HstWB Self Install, does this step succeed? Also make sure your USB stick has a hstwb_self_install.txt file in it's root directory. This is included in the latest USB self install files.
Old 07 February 2020, 09:39   #518
bonkas

Can anyone offer some assistance in getting 3.9 working on my real amiga A1200.

I emulate my A1200 in WinUAE exactly and works fine there but installing the CF card into my amiga just gives me a green screen.

3.1.4 works without issue, the only issue is attempting to boot 3.9.
Old 07 February 2020, 11:40   #519
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkas View Post
Can anyone offer some assistance in getting 3.9 working on my real amiga A1200.

I emulate my A1200 in WinUAE exactly and works fine there but installing the CF card into my amiga just gives me a green screen.

3.1.4 works without issue, the only issue is attempting to boot 3.9.
What Kickstart rom version do you have installed in your A1200? Also do you have any accelerator card with Fast ram installed as well?

Amiga OS 3.9 requires Kickstart rom 3.1 if I remember correctly maybe also Fast ram. I'm not sure you can run Amiga OS 3.9 with Kickstart rom 3.1.4 and it's not something I have tried or know if that's what you have installed.
Old 08 February 2020, 02:48   #520
bonkas

Quote:
What Kickstart rom version do you have installed in your A1200? Also do you have any accelerator card with Fast ram installed as well?

Amiga OS 3.9 requires Kickstart rom 3.1 if I remember correctly maybe also Fast ram. I'm not sure you can run Amiga OS 3.9 with Kickstart rom 3.1.4 and it's not something I have tried or know if that's what you have installed.

Ahh yes, I do have an MBX 1200 with an additional 8MB fast ram and RTC (No FPU installed), I am also using the 3.1.4 kickstart in the real A1200...

I have been digging and digging and have found mentions of the 3.9 install needs to be modified to function on 3.1.4 Kickstarts but I have not found any further details on what modifications should be made...

For some reason WinUAE is happy to boot 3.9 even using the 3.1.4 Kickstart.

If anyone has managed to get 3.9 to boot with a 3.1.4 rom please point me in the right direction as I am at a loss on what to try next (I could go back to 3.1 rom's to test... but it has been a very very long time since I last burned an eeprom for an amiga, that will be a chore unto itself :P)