English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 26 April 2023, 17:31   #501
walkero

@Grimmert2
I do not use MuFastRom at all. If I am not wrong the MuFastRom is for 040/060 CPUs, so I guess your system is equipped with one of these, right? If yes, which one?

Does the iGame v2.2.1 have the same issue? If not I would suggest reverting to that version and I will try to reproduce the problem so that I can fix it.
Old 26 April 2023, 20:58   #502
Grimmert2

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@Grimmert2
I do not use MuFastRom at all. If I am not wrong the MuFastRom is for 040/060 CPUs, so I guess your system is equipped with one of these, right? If yes, which one?

Does the iGame v2.2.1 have the same issue? If not I would suggest reverting to that version and I will try to reproduce the problem so that I can fix it.
I Have a Terrible fire 536 with a 68030 50hz installed. I understand MuFastRom also works for 030 CPUs. (Maybe i have overlooked something).
As you can see here 68030 is one of the required CPUs for MuFastRom : http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/MuFastRom
I tried now with V2.2.1 . It was the same issue with that version.
Old 28 April 2023, 16:30   #503
walkero

@Grimmert2
I will have a look today and see if I can do anything about it. That is a weird incompatibility if you consider what is the purpose of this tool.
At least, by testing the v2.2.1 we can say that is not a new bug I introduced with the latest releases.
Old 04 May 2023, 23:36   #504
walkero

I'd like to let you know what is going to be included in the next release of iGame and introduce the new "igame.data" files that are going to be used. I believe that this is going to be a great feature for all the users that will automate a lot of the games/demos naming and categorisation, not only for WHDLoad games but also for the nonWHDLoad ones.

Please find information at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/w...ame.data-files and spread the word. For this to be actually beneficial for everyone some community effort will be needed.

Let me know your thoughts and your opinion on this. What do you think will go wrong? Will that be useful for you? What else would you like to be included?
Old 05 May 2023, 00:25   #505
mrv2k

I have a complete database of Retroplays collection with all the information and more.I can generate the data anyway you need it.

https://github.com/MrV2K/WHDLoad-Database
Old 05 May 2023, 00:43   #506
DisasterIncarna

with the data files containing the HOL/Lemon id numbers, maybe you could chat with the UHC Tools devs and see if UHC can be used to scrape useful stuff from HOL/Lemon such as screenshots/tags?
Old 05 May 2023, 00:48   #507
walkero

@mrv2k
These should be generated and added in the retroplays collection, so as to be included with it. Alternatively, they could be in a different collection that anyone can use.
Old 05 May 2023, 00:50   #508
walkero

@DisasterIncarna
iGame's scope is not to scrap any information from online websites. It uses the information and files that are already available on the hard disk.
Old 05 May 2023, 07:45   #509
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

@mrv2k
That is excellent work there man.
I'm sure it can easily be extracted via script into different drawer igame.data files and embed into Retroplay's list (or have a different archive, same as iGame Whdload artwork).
Old 05 May 2023, 19:51   #510
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@mrv2k
These should be generated and added in the retroplays collection, so as to be included with it. Alternatively, they could be in a different collection that anyone can use.
Here's a quick example of a complete set of igame.data files which has been generated in the same file structure as Retroplay's collection. This is using my data and genres which can be adapted if necessary.

Last edited by mrv2k; 16 May 2024 at 10:37.
Old 05 May 2023, 20:03   #511
vulture

@walkero

That's one great addition m8!
Old 06 May 2023, 08:02   #512
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post
Here's a quick example of a complete set of igame.data files which has been generated in the same file structure as Retroplay's collection. This is using my data and genres which can be adapted if necessary.
That is quick, efficient and AWESOME man!
Can't wait for the new iGame version to give it a spin :P

\o/
Old 06 May 2023, 14:07   #513
walkero

@mrv2k
That's awesome man. Thank you so much for creating it.
Some comments from my side on a few files I checked. For example, let's take the following part

Quote:
title=Alien³ (Beta)
chipset=ECS-OCS
genre=Action / Shooter / 2D
The chipset should have the values separated with a comma (,) and no spaces in between. So for the above example, it should be "ECS,OCS".

The genre should keep the first major category only "Action", otherwise there are going to be a lot of different categories in the list which might not make much sense, in my opinion. But I'd love to listen to more opinions on that. Have it mind that this info is visible on select boxes, like in games' property, and those do not work well with too many values, so it would be better to avoid them.

The title has a character (³) that might not work correctly on AmigaOS. Things like that would be better to be avoided
Old 09 May 2023, 20:08   #514
mrv2k

I've changed the chipset format. I had to go through all the games to add ocs only games to my database as I only separated out AGA.

Not sure about the genres. It's better to split them down a bit. If you look at the action genre, there's about 900 entries. It's much easier to navigate if its broken down a bit. I added a thinned down genres file as an example of what I would think works.

The ³ is a mathmatical term for cubed so should be in every font on the planet.

Last edited by mrv2k; 16 May 2024 at 10:37.
Old 09 May 2023, 22:46   #515
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Thanks for the work mrv2k!
Old 10 May 2023, 09:29   #516
walkero

@mrv2k
Thank you so much for your work.
I am chasing a bug that needs to be fixed before the next release, that will include the usage of the igame.data files. I hope to make it happen as soon as possible. This version will not use the genre yet, because I need to make big changes in the code to make it happen, but the title, year and number of players are going to be used.

I checked the files you created and I have the following comments:
- To be honest with you, I don't have any problem with the categorization. At the end, it will be a matter of the community and if they like it or not. If they do, then they will use it.

- Your categorization follows the one from the LemonAmiga or HOL or any other? It would be good to be consistent with one of these websites.

- There is "Sport / Minature Golf" which is missing a letter and should be "Sport / Miniature Golf".

- When I will introduce the usage of the genre from the igame.data files, the genres file probably will not be needed any more or become obsolete. I need to think for of it to be honest, because there might be people who are not going to use a compilation and might want to keep on having their own genres. So, what I am trying to say is that you don't need to generate such a file, because the genres in the list will be generated from the igame.data files.
Old 10 May 2023, 10:44   #517
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Just a little teaser from the next version using the igame.data files from mrv2k (just drawer 0-9)...

You can see that the filename is replaced by default with the one from the igame.data file, ALTHOUGH...
...you can choose to leave the old filename (from drawer, or slave) based on new preference option.

Old 10 May 2023, 15:34   #518
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Just a little teaser from the next version using the igame.data files from mrv2k (just drawer 0-9)...

You can see that the filename is replaced by default with the one from the igame.data file, ALTHOUGH...
...you can choose to leave the old filename (from drawer, or slave) based on new preference option.

What beautiful icons, by the way.
Old 10 May 2023, 17:13   #519
Superman

That looks like a great new feature
Old 13 May 2023, 21:10   #520
walkero

I am delighted to let you know that a new version of iGame (v2.4.0) just got released. You can find it on its GitHub page and soon on Aminet and OS4Depot.

Attention: Since this version iGame requires the NList and NListviews to be available. So, if iGame doesn't start, please check that you have this library installed on your system.

This version introduces the usage of the igame.data files. Right now the following information is used:
  • Title
  • Players
  • Year
More information from these files will be used in the following releases. So, do not expect that the games/demos are going to be categorised by genre in this version.

Information about igame.data files can be found in the amigaguide file that is in the archive or online at
https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/w...ame.data-files

Changes

Added
  • Added back the saving of the list after a scan of the repositories, which was removed in the previous releases
  • Introduced the new igame.data files
  • iGame uses NList now with extra columns that are sortable
  • Added "Prefer igame.data" checkbox in preferences that let the user to set if the title is going to retrieved from the igame.data files or from the slave file or the folder name, like it used to work. This doesn't have any effect on non-WHDLoad items.
Fixed
  • Fixed the status messages which was stack with saving list message and didn't show the number of games again.
Changed
  • Now the MUI changes are loaded from envarc. With MUI v5 balance size and list columns are saved there and restored the next time iGame is started
Have fun.