English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 05 March 2018, 00:08   #501
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Excellent work, here are some issues I noticed so far. They are all issues with either the installer or the games themselves.

The installer does not seem to multitask at all (on Win8.1 at least), maybe it is boosting its priority. It asked an A/B question at the end but did not hear my response.
The batch file --> .EXE is a little dodgy above Win 7; I don't know why, maybe I need a new version of Quick Batch File Compiler but can't be bothered...

See here; all still works; promise.

Quote:
Uridium 2 might be a bad crack? I must have failed the manual protection check at the end of level 3, as now it is just endlessly looping the bonus section, I assume that must be the punishment :-(
Might well be, it's not a game I've completed. I will investigate though, cheers for the report

Last edited by DamienD; 05 March 2018 at 20:21.
Old 05 March 2018, 00:29   #502
haps
Rumpig

Quote:
DamienD has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Seems every man and his dog wants the update pack.
Old 05 March 2018, 07:32   #503
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
Seems every man and his dog wants the update pack.
really looks like that
Old 05 March 2018, 09:04   #504
jabybau

Hi DamienD,

your pm box is full where can I get your mail? I'd really like to have your new update pack if you considered me to get it, please write to me a pm so to get your reply.
Thanks in advance
Old 05 March 2018, 09:07   #505
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Uridium 2 might be a bad crack? I must have failed the manual protection check at the end of level 3, as now it is just endlessly looping the bonus section, I assume that must be the punishment :-(
Just checked and I'm using the .IPFs for this game

...didn't realise there was manual protection later in the game; hopefully the manual on HOL is enough otherwise I'll find a good crack.
Old 05 March 2018, 09:25   #506
DamienD
Banned

Also, don't forget to update to WinUAE 3.6.1

...this has a bug fix for the emulated parallel port joystick adapter that allows the Dyna Blaster config to work again; thanks Toni

Attached is an updated registry file.

Last edited by DamienD; 11 December 2019 at 13:10.
Old 05 March 2018, 09:37   #507
jabybau

[/CODE]How do you get this pack; you need to PM or e-mail me.

...but given what happened last time, am going to be cautious of who I give this to [/QUOTE]

Hi DamienD,

I have been making a mess here on my private page so I do not know if you actually got my mail request, sorry in case you have already got it. Yet, I'd be grateful if you let me have your new update pack ...
Thanks
Max
Old 05 March 2018, 13:23   #508
Decypher

Just as I expected, mailbox is full. That update will be as much popular as the main package
Old 05 March 2018, 13:32   #509
DamienD
Banned

Ok guys, clearing out my Inbox
Old 05 March 2018, 19:35   #510
zoodah

Just sent my request PM along as well. 50 more games. Just...wow. Saw the new one Golden Wing in there as well.
Old 05 March 2018, 19:58   #511
DamienD
Banned

Yup:

...and it the recently trained version done by warfalcon "aka" SIRIaX of Flashtro
Old 05 March 2018, 20:23   #512
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Might well be, it's not a game I've completed. I will investigate though, cheers for the report
Quote:
Just checked and I'm using the .IPFs for this game

...didn't realise there was manual protection later in the game; hopefully the manual on HOL is enough otherwise I'll find a good crack.
Ok, have replace the .IPFs with the same version as my friend Belgarath uses in Gamebase Amiga

I'll also amend my Update Pack #1 now.

...so this means if you've already downloaded this, PM me and I'll send you the "Uridium 2" replacement files.

Last edited by DamienD; 05 March 2018 at 20:58.
Old 05 March 2018, 23:23   #513
DamienD
Banned

I'm sorry I have to say this but; I just want to make this point absolutely clear

I've now given Update Pack #1 to over 50 people so far. There are a few that have zero posts on EAB, but I've placed my trust in you anyway...

Also, been keeping a record of exactly who I've given this to

If I find out that these have been shared in any way or form i.e. the download URL / Torrent'd / information I provided in the PM then that's it...

No more updates for anybody ever again, that's a promise!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 05 March 2018 at 23:30.
Old 05 March 2018, 23:26   #514
Amiga1992

Quote:
If I find out that these have been shared in any way or form i.e. the download URL / Torrent'd / information I provided in the PM then that's it...

No more updates for anybody ever again!!!
No! Let's burn them at the stake. Lot more fun!
Old 06 March 2018, 01:35   #515
AOxygen

First of all, that new update looks great!
I have not tested it, because i do not have any access to it (well, no official access), but great work, Damien!! Bravo!!

I just wanted to inform you, though, that someone seems to have uploaded it on various torrent sites again. I will send you the link in a private message as i cannot share it here. Dirty file sharers!! >

Anyhow, don't let them discourage you!! We appreciate your hard work so much and it would be a shame if it all went away!

Much love!
Old 06 March 2018, 06:35   #516
dragon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOxygen View Post
I have not tested it, because i do not have any access to it (well, no official access), but great work, Damien!! Bravo!!

I just wanted to inform you, though, that someone seems to have uploaded it on various torrent sites again. I will send you the link in a private message as i cannot share it here. Dirty file sharers!! >

Anyhow, don't let them discourage you!! We appreciate your hard work so much and it would be a shame if it all went away!

Much love!
It wasn't me!

This is indeed my first post. I tend to lurk because I generally have nothing to contribute, but in this case, I do.

This work of love is greatly appreciated by me. I used to camp out at my local Apple/Commodore shop way back when. When they finally hired a guy who learned what the Amiga was about and how to sell them, I became their best customer.

I can now get back into the Amiga computer scene and relive some great memories, plus some new ones!
Old 06 March 2018, 09:11   #517
DamienD
Banned

Quote:

Much love!
OMG!!! Already??? Absolutely disgusting!!!

That's it, I'm a man of my word, going forward there will be no more updates for anyone except my friends on EAB who I've known for years.

Thanks for letting me know AOxygen, appreciate this.
Old 06 March 2018, 09:50   #518
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:

Much love!
That's sad and disgusting that someone would stoop so low.

@Damien we appreciate what you are doing
Old 06 March 2018, 10:22   #519
1time
Amiga Lover

DamienD: I feel so sry for u ;(. I tought about asking you for the update but i did not dare because i had the feeling some idiot would do this and i did not even wanna be on your "could be" list.
Old 06 March 2018, 11:13   #520
DamienD
Banned

Spent most of last week creating this update pack:
  • Researching the best files to be used.
  • Downloading them.
  • Extracting into the relevant file structure.
  • Creating / tweaking the configuration files.
  • Testing the games.
  • Manually taking the title / screenshots, renaming and then moving into the relevant game directories.
  • Packaging everything up.
  • Uploading to a file hosting site.
  • Writing the update instructions.
  • etc.
...and it was leaked within a day of going live

I have a very good idea who did this from the people I sent the PMs to and will be taking action shortly.