English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 January 2017, 12:50   #461
vulture

freewheel?
Old 15 January 2017, 13:37   #462
kas1e

@vulture
Probably, but wasn't mouse's wheel support be part of OS4 since many years ?
Old 15 January 2017, 17:12   #463
vulture

It should, but that's what I always need for classic along with cocolino driver for the wheel to work.
Old 15 January 2017, 17:15   #464
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

UAE injects freewheel compatible hardware key codes for mouseup/down. It is OS's problem to use them or not.

There is no driver, this is not some USB or serial or PS/2 mouse that can transfer wheel info in hardware level.
Old 15 January 2017, 17:37   #465
rbm

This is the "nm2mw" Raw to MOUSEWHEEL translator program compiled for ppc OS4. The executable is bigger than the 68k and works exactly the same, but is ppc.
Included a commodity icon with the OS41 look.
Attached Files
File Type: lha wheelppc.lha (13.5 KB, 277 views)
Old 15 January 2017, 19:06   #466
kas1e

@Toni
Quote:
There is no driver, this is not some USB or serial or PS/2 mouse that can transfer wheel info in hardware level.
Is it possible to setup winuae in a way with not classic mouse via classic mouse port, but anything like usb or something like extensions from elbox/induvidual computers and co. Maybe even already to emulate Elbox's cocolino ?

What i mean is once mouse emulation will be not classic one, but usb (for example), then os4 will handle that all well, and wheel will works without needs of FreeWhell, or that nm2mw tool from Thomas Rapp
Old 15 January 2017, 21:16   #467
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

USB happens someday.

No one still hasn't told me which USB adapter is the "best" one and/or included enough spec information. My requirements are the usual: only one adapter will be emulated. It MUST be the most supported one.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82131
Old 15 January 2017, 21:30   #468
esc

Best is DENEB. it is DMA, Zorro III, and one of the most prized cards in big box amigas. It's also OS4 supported IIRC. I'd also suggest pci USB cards for the sake of simplicity but I believe they need a pci graphics card to work so that may not be an option for now.

I don't know any deneb technical details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old 16 January 2017, 11:09   #469
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I agree that Deneb ticks all the required boxes: Z2 and Z3 (Zorro is 100% requirement = can work in any emulated Amiga config, even if real world model does not have Z2/Z3 slots), DMA capable = can be very fast in emulation.

Lack of documentation is the remaining problem. Even something basic as driver source code and memory map should be enough, no need for detailed hardware specs. Only "logical" details are needed, there is no need for hardware level details in emulation (Zorro signaling, timing, whatever).
Old 17 January 2017, 01:29   #470
Seiya

wrong section..
Old 17 January 2017, 01:40   #471
cmsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I agree that Deneb ticks all the required boxes: Z2 and Z3 (Zorro is 100% requirement = can work in any emulated Amiga config, even if real world model does not have Z2/Z3 slots), DMA capable = can be very fast in emulation.

Lack of documentation is the remaining problem. Even something basic as driver source code and memory map should be enough, no need for detailed hardware specs. Only "logical" details are needed, there is no need for hardware level details in emulation (Zorro signaling, timing, whatever).
The original author of the Deneb drivers and Poseidon, Chris Hodges, is fairly responsive on email and may be willing to help out with information.

I believe that the morphos port of Poseidon includes source, although whether the AROS Public Licence is compatible with GPL, is a question for more lawyerly people
Old 17 January 2017, 07:37   #472
Locutus

The Poseidon code that is in the AROS tree does not include the driver code for the Deneb.
Old 17 January 2017, 18:36   #473
Romanujan

Quote:
Not acceptable. I won't sign any NDAs.
Fortunately there seems to be a solution, at least partial:

http://aminet.net/package/gfx/misc/PatchCompositeTags

(I didn't test it yet)
Old 17 January 2017, 20:19   #474
kas1e

@cmsj
Quote:
The original author of the Deneb drivers and Poseidon, Chris Hodges, is fairly responsive on email and may be willing to help out with information
If you know his mail and already talk with him few times, then just forward post from Toni to him to have information Toni need.
Old 19 January 2017, 18:17   #475
kas1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
Fortunately there seems to be a solution, at least partial:

http://aminet.net/package/gfx/misc/PatchCompositeTags

(I didn't test it yet)

And that seems to work already. At least with game "MACE" and their work in progress "Emotion" video player, there is video of winuae with that composite patch: [ Show youtube player ]

@Toni
I wrote mail to Chris about Deneb docs, but not sure if mail i found (from 2014) is his current one.
Old 20 January 2017, 01:34   #476
wawa

im not sure chris is the person to give further the technical data about deneb. normally it would be the hardware designer, m . boehmer. i have not heard ftom him since as while, but it seems that there was some disagreement between and chris later on. which may complicate the matters again. as result i think jens from icomp finally bought or licensed the stack to provide software support for his usb solution.

this all as far my uncertain recollection reaches.

and aros sources have nothing to do with it. rather the other way around. id love to see deneb hardware drivers in aros sources, but they were not part of the deal, especially aros68k wasnt any far by then.

so, in short, go try to reach michael.
Old 20 January 2017, 15:28   #477
Leo42

Seeing how everything is all about the money and that they all want to protect what they do I don't see why the Deneb author would give you any kind of documentation.

Not that I agree with that, but that's the sad state of the Amiga "market".
Old 20 January 2017, 16:47   #478
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I contacted M.Boehmer about year ago and he said he can give hardware specs but then I guess I forgot about it (I had too much other things to do) and now he seems to have disappeared.
Old 20 January 2017, 18:10   #479
DarrenHD

Quote:
I contacted M.Boehmer about year ago and he said he can give hardware specs but then I guess I forgot about it (I had too much other things to do) and now he seems to have disappeared.
He was active as of a few days ago on http://www.a1k.org in the Forums, selling some stuff. If you have an account on that site you could send him a PM.
Old 26 January 2017, 11:03   #480
wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
He was active as of a few days ago on http://www.a1k.org in the Forums, selling some stuff. If you have an account on that site you could send him a PM.
i have an account so i could intermedate, however i may forget to check pms as well. no mention, i dont know what id need to ask of him, precisely.