English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 30 May 2013, 01:09   #461
n00w
Retired 1337

Marble Madness, Defender of the Crown, Faery Tale and Barbarian all on the same day at a friend's place. I remember when I left him I ran to my house, took all my money, then bought an Amiga 1000, a collector signed by Jay Miner, with memory boosted to 512 ko. It was in the first months of 1988.
Old 30 May 2013, 12:04   #462
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO15KA View Post
Well the first one I cannot remember the title, it was few years before I bought my own Amiga.
I walked over to my mates place to swap some Atari XE games and he showed me his new Amiga 500

So like I said I don't know the title and to this day I have not seen this game again but the second game we played was Vixen! and I still have it!

Btw, the game in question was a platform action game, the main character had a body of a human but a head of an ape I believe. Platforms to jump and items to collect, I cannot remember the enemies or anything else
Have you tried looking for it on the hall of light?
Old 30 May 2013, 23:44   #463
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Well the first one I cannot remember the title, it was few years before I bought my own Amiga.
I walked over to my mates place to swap some Atari XE games and he showed me his new Amiga 500

So like I said I don't know the title and to this day I have not seen this game again but the second game we played was Vixen! and I still have it!

Btw, the game in question was a platform action game, the main character had a body of a human but a head of an ape I believe. Platforms to jump and items to collect, I cannot remember the enemies or anything else

is it any of these?
http://hol.abime.net/3540/boxscan

http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?..._released=1988
Old 31 May 2013, 00:03   #464
PO15KA

First Amiga game you ever witnessed...........

Thank you gents!
I had no idea of Hall of Light, I will start reviewing now, much appreciated
Unfortunately it's not Aztex

Old 31 May 2013, 09:14   #465
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

No worry's, what year was it relaeased do you think the same year as Vixen?
Old 31 May 2013, 10:59   #466
PO15KA

First Amiga game you ever witnessed...........

Hi Chat Rob1
I couldn't review the link you sent me as I was at work
I just came back home and had a little time to study each game and its screenshots and .... You are my new hero!!!
It has taken me so many years and this great site and I finally found it!

....it's Thundercats!

Thank you

Old 31 May 2013, 12:18   #467
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Hi Chat Rob1
I couldn't review the link you sent me as I was at work
I just came back home and had a little time to study each game and its screenshots and .... You are my new hero!!!
It has taken me so many years and this great site and I finally found it!

....it's Thundercats!

Thank you
Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It did cross my mind that it could be that, but I thought you have remembered if it was Thundercats.

No problem at all mate and welcome to the EAB by the way.

I can't believe that was your first experience with the Amiga and it didn't put you off

I can't get on HOL during the day either (I wish they'd sort that out, if "they" are listening)

I notice you have an original boxed game were there any bits missing from HOL with regards to Vixen that you have (ie box, disk or manual scans)?

PS have you seen the new series of Thundercats it's F'in Brilliant!!
Old 31 May 2013, 13:50   #468
PO15KA

wow! new series is something else i tell you

i have to be honest with you, the copy that i had originally (and i still have) was a pirated copy...see back in the late 80's and early 90's copyright laws were non existent in Poland, so all i had to do was to buy a box of blank disks and just ask my mate to copy it for me or wait until Saturday, take a train trip to Wroclaw and attend the "gielda" where for a very "competitive" price i could have the whole box of blank disks filled with every game i desired.

i do however have a legitimate copy in storage so on weekend i will check and let you know the contents

Old 31 May 2013, 14:13   #469
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:

i have to be honest with you, the copy that i had originally (and i still have) was a pirated copy...see back in the late 80's and early 90's copyright laws were non existent in Poland, so all i had to do was to buy a box of blank disks and just ask my mate to copy it for me or wait until Saturday, take a train trip to Wroclaw and attend the "gielda" where for a very "competitive" price i could have the whole box of blank disks filled with every game i desired.

I do however have a legitimate copy in storage so on weekend i will check and let you know the contents
Sounds like it was a bit easier to exchange games in Poland than it was over here, but some how we managed it

Mate, if you've got anthing that isn't on HOL let us know we are always on the look out for more scans .
Old 31 May 2013, 16:36   #470
RetroPaul

First game i witnessed was Golden Axe which i got along with my Cartoon Classics A500+ for Xmas in 1991. I didn't have a clue about the Amiga and i thought i was getting a Master System (What i had asked for). Best Xmas ever!
Old 08 June 2013, 19:17   #471
lesta_smsc

Quote:

i do however have a legitimate copy in storage so on weekend i will check and let you know the contents
Lol to live in Poland... I suppose it has to have SOME advantage
Old 20 July 2013, 18:31   #472
hydravox

first games i saw on an amiga was zool & lemmings on my cousins new amiga 600, and wow!!!

i got my first amiga in 1995 it was christmas and i was expecting a nice shiny Playstation but instead opened an Amiga 1200 i was a little disapointed untill i turned it on. that was it i was hooked and have been ever since, lemmings and captive 2 were the first games i played on that
Old 23 July 2013, 04:42   #473
xArtx

First game I saw was Space Ace running on Amiga 500 in a store demo,
way earlier than I could afford to buy one.
I don't think I ever played that game, but I remember it was pretty graphic.
Old 23 July 2013, 13:35   #474
MatteoM1990

Silkworm and Swiv: the first had nice graphics and sounds, the 2° too, but was ridiculously difficult.

Old 24 July 2013, 01:26   #475
Bastich

Buggy boy which was awesome compared to the c64 version I played previously.

FA18 Interceptor however was my first really impressive game thou.
Old 29 July 2013, 21:30   #476
Zerotech

My cousin used to own an Amiga 500 and the first 2 games we tried out were Lemmings and Lotus.

Back in the 80's he had a ton of games we've played but Lemmings we gotten familiar with that game as it was ported to many platforms.

Now I have an Amiga 600 with pretty much everything I need except perhaps an accelerator card to improve the performance and the reliability of the machine I have.
Old 29 July 2013, 22:04   #477
Phantom
Adventurer

I've bought my first Amiga, an A500 on 24 March 1991, and I had purchased March issue of CU Amiga, which had the full game Human Killing Machine for free, that was my first Amiga game in my Amiga. But before I've seen New Zealand Story and some others at a good friend.
Old 29 July 2013, 22:09   #478
s2325
Zone Friend

I hope you liked your Amiga even after playing Human Killing Machine
Old 27 August 2013, 09:57   #479
BamSec1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
Those early (Belgian & German) groups like:
BAMIGA SECTOR ONE/THE KENT TEAM (BS1-TKT) (BEL)
THE MOVERS (UK)
DEFJAM (ITA)
ACKERLIGHT (BEL)
...their names make me feel so nostalgic & melancholic...
Aw, they also make me feel nostalgic now, but that is OK !

But I got a few corrections here;
BS1/TKT BS1 = BEL, TKT = UK ... we only shared our cracks: a few intros came from TKT, but all cracks, and 9/10 intros, were done by us (BS1)

Defjam = Sweden, not Italy.
Ackerlight = France, not Belgium.

Cheers,
BamSec1

Old 27 August 2013, 10:08   #480
BamSec1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
I also got an A4000/040 later and upgraded it a quite a bit. I still have my A500 (one of my later A500 in fact) and my A4000 (and my CBM64). I loved the groups you mentioned (GREAT intros)...
Ah the days...
Me too I still have my CMB-64, Amiga 1000, A500, A3000T and 2 A4000s (1 040 and 1 060).
Once every 2-3 months I check in one of my cellars, which I arranged like a little office (LOL), if all still works.
I still have some spare hardware pieces and internal chips in case something happens.

Cheers,
BamSec1