English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 18 February 2022, 08:40   #461
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
They're bugs that people are used to Anyway, these fixes may be worth documenting. People will wonder why something doesn't work and assume it's a bug, while it's actually a fix.
Fix for the firestaff closing the area is already documented.
Fix for the object bonuses perhaps should be. But I couldn't imagine anyone would see that fix as a bug, as it's quite obvious players shouldn't benefit of bonuses from objects they don't have anymore...
Old 18 February 2022, 16:24   #462
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
It's not "stuff that people are used to". It's bugs.
And yes i might add new stuff without directly documenting it. As perhaps spells weren't documented in the original game either and you had to "find" them
OK, that's fair. But that still leaves my point of "are they dungeon specific or a general thing"
It would be probably worth mentioning if a new feature is added in the Readme for a dungeon.

I don't want to waste my time trying out different spell combinations or ways to recharge items in Dungeon Master or Chaos Strikes Back when those things are only available in one of the custom dungeons.

Just a simple "Includes new spells" or "Includes additional Features, look out for them" would be enough. I don't know if this is something that was mentioned in the original descriptions of the converted dungeons.
Old 18 February 2022, 17:10   #463
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoOne View Post
OK, that's fair. But that still leaves my point of "are they dungeon specific or a general thing"
It would be probably worth mentioning if a new feature is added in the Readme for a dungeon.

I don't want to waste my time trying out different spell combinations or ways to recharge items in Dungeon Master or Chaos Strikes Back when those things are only available in one of the custom dungeons.

Just a simple "Includes new spells" or "Includes additional Features, look out for them" would be enough. I don't know if this is something that was mentioned in the original descriptions of the converted dungeons.
Just like original game, players aren't supposed to know what's there in advance.
Old 18 February 2022, 18:21   #464
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Just like original game, players aren't supposed to know what's there in advance.
Sounds like the ideal game where an algorythm based dungeon generator would work
Old 18 February 2022, 18:38   #465
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Sounds like the ideal game where an algorythm based dungeon generator would work
That's possible. But it would only be terrain to explore, monsters, random treasures and very simplistic puzzles. This is quite limited in comparison to what the game engine can do.
Old 18 February 2022, 18:57   #466
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
That's fine as long as you can find clues in the dungeon.
Quote:
That's possible. But it would only be terrain to explore, monsters, random treasures and very simplistic puzzles. This is quite limited in comparison to what the game engine can do.
Could be interesting as a rogue-like game mode.
Old 19 February 2022, 06:42   #467
Valken

Quote:
Dungeon Master Hack version?! Would love it!
Old 19 February 2022, 09:15   #468
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
That's fine as long as you can find clues in the dungeon.
That's the principle.

Quote:
Could be interesting as a rogue-like game mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
Dungeon Master Hack version?! Would love it!
Then all it needs is a good generator algorithm. I don't have any, however.
Old 24 February 2022, 23:10   #469
EctoOne

Meynaf, would it easy for you to locate an item/chest on a save file?

I'm currently doing the Dungeon Master altered version and I can't find an item that I need for the added riddle in the Chamber of the Guardian. I assume it's the same item that you need for one of the alcoves at the beginning of level 5, which is where I left one and I know that I left the other one in a chest somewhere. But I just don't know where.

If you could find it easily if I give you my save file, that would be nice.
Old 25 February 2022, 08:37   #470
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Meynaf, would it easy for you to locate an item/chest on a save file?

I'm currently doing the Dungeon Master altered version and I can't find an item that I need for the added riddle in the Chamber of the Guardian. I assume it's the same item that you need for one of the alcoves at the beginning of level 5, which is where I left one and I know that I left the other one in a chest somewhere. But I just don't know where.

If you could find it easily if I give you my save file, that would be nice.
Well, it's not easy as items don't have coordinates in them. Cells point to items, not the other way around.
But you can still put your saved game somewhere i can download it, and i'll see if i can do something for you. What is the exact object you are looking for ?
Old 25 February 2022, 12:01   #471
EctoOne

Thanks, I'm looking for a chest that contains a mirror of dawn. Not the mirror of dawn that is still placed in the alcove on level 5.

Edit: Removed save file.

Last edited by EctoOne; 25 February 2022 at 14:45.
Old 25 February 2022, 12:46   #472
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Thanks, I'm looking for a chest that contains a mirror of dawn. Not the mirror of dawn that is still placed in the alcove on level 5.
No need to hack the save game, it took me 10 mins of playing to find your missing object
Go back to the mirror of dawn in the alcove. In that very same room there is a chest...

Perhaps you should reexplore the whole dungeon and collect everything you left behind.
Old 25 February 2022, 14:44   #473
EctoOne

Quote:
No need to hack the save game, it took me 10 mins of playing to find your missing object
Go back to the mirror of dawn in the alcove. In that very same room there is a chest...

Perhaps you should reexplore the whole dungeon and collect everything you left behind.
Wow, that's why I probably didn't find it. Since I knew there was the one in the alcove I never looked at that particular room. And I for the rest of the items I hope I will be fine. Most of stuff is at the save location or I kind of know where I left them.

I do like the idea of the altered dungeon but the whole coin thing is rather annoying. And it makes collecting the other stuff almost impossible. If you don't want to overburden yourself with chests just for the coins.
Old 25 February 2022, 15:24   #474
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Old 25 February 2022, 19:38   #475
EctoOne

Looks like I'm not going to finish this dungeon. I think I found all coins, got three butterfly keys and was hoping to find a key for the other doors I wasn't able to open but it seems I need another butterfly key. The only doors left I can think of are one in the top left corner of level 7 and two on the additional floor. But im clueless how to open them. And I have no idea what to do at the end of the diagonal tunnel from the new stairs in the bottom left on floor 1. I can see a bunch of mummies through the walls but there's no way to go. Any hints please?
Old 26 February 2022, 09:40   #476
Valken

Quote:
That's the principle.

Then all it needs is a good generator algorithm. I don't have any, however.
Can we port the Dungeon Hack dungeon creation algorithm? I am ASSUMING it can just assign the correct tiles or wall sprites to create the dungeons itself, random loot and enemy drops!
Old 26 February 2022, 09:56   #477
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Looks like I'm not going to finish this dungeon. I think I found all coins, got three butterfly keys and was hoping to find a key for the other doors I wasn't able to open but it seems I need another butterfly key. The only doors left I can think of are one in the top left corner of level 7 and two on the additional floor. But im clueless how to open them. And I have no idea what to do at the end of the diagonal tunnel from the new stairs in the bottom left on floor 1. I can see a bunch of mummies through the walls but there's no way to go. Any hints please?
Only hint i can give you is : reexplore everything one last time, as you probably just missed something somewhere.
Use the automapper to find uncharted areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
Can we port the Dungeon Hack dungeon creation algorithm? I am ASSUMING it can just assign the correct tiles or wall sprites to create the dungeons itself, random loot and enemy drops!
Well, just do it then. Dungeon format is documented at http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/217.
Old 26 February 2022, 10:35   #478
EctoOne

Quote:
Only hint i can give you is : reexplore everything one last time, as you probably just missed something somewhere.
Use the automapper to find uncharted areas.
The only uncharted area I know of is on Level 3 which is the pit below the ZO door and I have not found a way to enter it. On the map there is also an inaccessible alcove right next to it. http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/3dh/dm/?3,10,27 The alcove is facing north right into a massive wall.

I believe I needed 90 coins to get the three butterfly keys and I'm not sure if I also used opal keys to get to the room with the two stone golems on the added floor or if those required butterfly keys. Those is one of the other uncharted areas, along with the one on the dragon level and Level 7. But I don't have any keys to open those areas. The only thing I can think of is that the Key vending machine would give me a different key if I pay another 10 coins. But I somehow doubt that I will be able to find that much more. So I have four separate doors but no keys. It almost feels that I opened the doors in the wrong order.

Also what confused me are the scrolls. One of them says something about hunting Chaos first before going after coins. But then there is one near the trapped mummy on Level 3 which says something like Pay in gold to see the Chaos. But I only found a coin there. So are coins Chaos!? I obviously know about Lord Chaos but that really confused me.

Edit: OK, I forgot another door on floor 8 which looks to be one that would lead to another butterfly key. But if it's the same as before and there are three doors, where am I supposed to find another thirty coins? I was happy to find one to get the recent butterfly key. -.-

Last edited by EctoOne; 26 February 2022 at 10:58.
Old 26 February 2022, 11:01   #479
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
The only uncharted area I know of is on Level 3 which is the pit below the ZO door and I have not found a way to enter it. On the map there is also an inaccessible alcove right next to it. http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/3dh/dm/?3,10,27 The alcove is facing north right into a massive wall.

I believe I needed 90 coins to get the three butterfly keys and I'm not sure if I also used opal keys to get to the room with the two stone golems on the added floor or if those required butterfly keys. Those is one of the other uncharted areas, along with the one on the dragon level and Level 7. But I don't have any keys to open those areas. The only thing I can think of is that the Key vending machine would give me a different key if I pay another 10 coins. But I somehow doubt that I will be able to find that much more. So I have four separate doors but no keys. It almost feels that I opened the doors in the wrong order.

Also what confused me are the scrolls. One of them says something about hunting Chaos first before going after coins. But then there is one near the trapped mummy on Level 3 which says something like Pay in gold to see the Chaos. But I only found a coin there. So are coins Chaos!? I obviously know about Lord Chaos but that really confused me.
The dungeon is designed so that the player can't lock himself in an impossible situation. So unless you're 100% sure you're in such a situation nevertheless, you've missed something. Things are well hidden and in no particular order, so don't look for any specific thing, just search for anything new. Explore, collect, and who knows what you will find.
Old 26 February 2022, 11:32   #480
EctoOne

Quote:
The dungeon is designed so that the player can't lock himself in an impossible situation. So unless you're 100% sure you're in such a situation nevertheless, you've missed something. Things are well hidden and in no particular order, so don't look for any specific thing, just search for anything new. Explore, collect, and who knows what you will find.
Anything new... So I'm supposed to remember everything to spot the difference. I have some experience but not that much. Plus I will probably end up starving. I do have some chests with drumsticks and dragon steak, but since I don't want to start making backup saves those won't last forever. And to my knowledge even the screamer/rat rooms are disabled.

I think I'm done, it was fun uncovering the whole map but now it seems a bit ridiculous search every corner again. Maybe I would if there was some sort of teleport hub which lets you fast travel to the beginning of the levels, but I'm not going run up and down over and over again.