English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 November 2016, 20:05   #421
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Is it true that once you're on the HxC, you can update via usb and not have to remove from it a computer in orderto reprogram?
Yes, and you can easily switch over to the Cortex firmware once you have the HXC firmware. Just put Jeff's Cortex update file on the USB stick and hold both buttons when you start the computer and you now have the Cortex firmware. If you want to go back to HXC again, simply delete the Cortex update file from the USB drive and replace it with a HXC one. then just hold both buttons when you turn on the computer again.
Old 14 November 2016, 20:13   #422
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
I hope the next firmware update Jeff is working on will fix most of the issues.
What is planned in the next release :

- USB Media cache layer.
- All the navigation stuffs.
- Fixes for some demos.

BTW i think that the misery glitch was introduced after the 3.0.4.0. you should try this version.
Old 14 November 2016, 20:22   #423
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_HxC2001 View Post
What is planned in the next release :

- USB Media cache layer.
- All the navigation stuffs.
- Fixes for some demos.

BTW i think that the misery glitch was introduced after the 3.0.4.0. you should try this version.
Sounds good. I will probably not bother going back to an older firmware as the navigation on those are much worse VS latest firmware.

USB media cache layer. What is that?

So all navigation stuff: 999 tracks, able to go from track 000 then backwards to the last track, fix over sensitive buttons and able to leave earlier tracks empty then assign to later tracks?

Nice if you fix non working demos

So will there be any support for IPF/HFE V2 in a later firmware? Or is there any technical problems with implementing it on the Gotek?
Old 14 November 2016, 20:41   #424
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Yes, and you can easily switch over to the Cortex firmware once you have the HXC firmware. Just put Jeff's Cortex update file on the USB stick and hold both buttons when you start the computer and you now have the Cortex firmware. If you want to go back to HXC again, simply delete the Cortex update file from the USB drive and replace it with a HXC one. then just hold both buttons when you turn on the computer again.

That's very cool. But what I meant was, updating the HxC firmware when a new HxC firmware revision is available.
Old 14 November 2016, 21:03   #425
dJOS

Quote:
That's very cool. But what I meant was, updating the HxC firmware when a new HxC firmware revision is available.

He answered your question, you just drop the new firmware onto the usb stick and install it by holding down both buttons on power up.
Old 14 November 2016, 23:02   #426
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
He answered your question, you just drop the new firmware onto the usb stick and install it by holding down both buttons on power up.
I misunderstood his answer. I thought he was referring to just changing between HxC and Cortex. I did not realize from his answer that upgrading to the latest version of HxC firmware was nothing more than putting a file on the USB stick. I thought it might be more than that. An actual "flashing firmware" step like when you have to initially program it.
Old 14 November 2016, 23:11   #427
turrican9

Quote:
I misunderstood his answer. I thought he was referring to just changing between HxC and Cortex. I did not realize from his answer that upgrading to the latest version of HxC firmware was nothing more than putting a file on the USB stick. I thought it might be more than that. An actual "flashing firmware" step like when you have to initially program it.
That's one nice thing with the HXC firmware. When you have programmed it the first time you flash it by just putting firmware file on the USB drive and holding both buttons when starting the Amiga. It's well worth the 10 Euros you pay for the firmware. And Jeff is improving it and is active in the forum. And if you're not happy with the HXC firmware you can just easily use the Cortex firmware until you wait for Jeff to update it. So no more connecting it to serial device to update it once it is programmed the first time with the HXC firmware.
Old 14 November 2016, 23:47   #428
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
That's one nice thing with the HXC firmware. When you have programmed it the first time you flash it by just putting firmware file on the USB drive and holding both buttons when starting the Amiga. It's well worth the 10 Euros you pay for the firmware. And Jeff is improving it and is active in the forum. And if you're not happy with the HXC firmware you can just easily use the Cortex firmware until you wait for Jeff to update it. So no more connecting it to serial device to update it once it is programmed the first time with the HXC firmware.
Thank you very much for confirming. I will be updating my Amiga GoTek once I get it moved in to a Tower case. I'm guessing this is the same process regardless of computer used (holding 2 buttons at power on). Great features.
Old 22 November 2016, 23:50   #429
Jeff_HxC2001

Work in progress :

The file selector working on Linux / Windows / Mac OS X.

Old 23 November 2016, 00:55   #430
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Cool.

BTW: Jeff, did you see my PM?
Old 23 November 2016, 01:19   #431
turrican9

Nice progress there Jeff. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Keep up the good work
Old 02 December 2016, 08:43   #432
Jeff_HxC2001

Quick beta-test version release.

Demo issues fixed.
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...r/HxCUSBFE.UPD
Old 02 December 2016, 17:27   #433
turrican9

Quote:

Demo issues fixed.
Thanks. Misery, the one demo I confirmed to not work, now works. Backwards/forwards buttons are still oversensitive and will sometimes count two tracks even if I click fast or slow and I also see that you can now press backwards button when at track 0 to go directly to the last track. however, this does not always work and sometimes i have to press the button several times.

I also, noticed on this firmware that you still cannot start to store images in later tracks and leave early ones empty. They will simply start at track 1 and outwards even if you put them in later tracks and outwards.

Thanks for the update.
Old 02 December 2016, 17:46   #434
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Quote:

Demo issues fixed.
This works well on the Amiga 1200 but unfortunately it still does not work on the Atari 520STfm.
Old 02 December 2016, 22:14   #435
turrican9

So I was running Interference by Sanity Demo with this latest beta firmware. Interference resets the Amiga and load again when it's finished. I let it loop for probably an hour like this and suddenly it stopped with a read/write error. Have not tried to loop it with earlier firmwares or with the Cortex firmware. So don't know if this is something faulty with this firmware.
Old 08 December 2016, 00:02   #436
Jeff_HxC2001

New alpha version. This time update the firmware, the autoboot.hfe and the config file.

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...AlphaTrial.zip

Old 08 December 2016, 00:36   #437
turrican9

Quote:
New alpha version. This time update the firmware, the autoboot.hfe and the config file.

Thanks! will try it out as soon as possible
Old 08 December 2016, 01:06   #438
turrican9

Excellent, Jeff! Now we can finally begin to store images in later tracks and leave early ones open. And of course we can go directly from track 000 to the last track by clicking backwards button. Not sure, but I think the forward/backwards buttons are less sensitive in this alpha version. They were over sensitive in earlier firmwares.

Excellent! Now we only need HFE V2 support so we get proper IPF support! Keep up the great work, Jeff! Thanks again!

If only Jens would take this kind of responsibility and fix the bug in the Indivision ECS which does so it will not save the 50Hz setting and give the AGA MK2 Vsync! Then I would be a happy man!
Old 08 December 2016, 01:06   #439
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Quote:

Works well with the Commodore Amiga 1200, doesn't work with the Atari 520STfm.
Old 08 December 2016, 22:19   #440
R-Typer

Quote:

Thanks Jeff! Great! :-)