English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 17 February 2023, 00:13   #401
BarryB
Amigaholic

To clarify:

Clever & Smart (Snoopy1234 dump) uses Rainbow Arts protection as Abaddon/Denis confirm!

My compilation release with Vampires Empire + Clever & Smart on the same disk seems to use the zoom_longtrack (GAP track aa) which works, but the protection is checked 3 times and as Abaddon mentions his tweak to the zoom_longtrack format might create the correct track!
Old 17 February 2023, 01:46   #402
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
I have uploaded the IPF in the zone.
Thanks a lot

Is it derived from Snoopy1234 SCP image?
Old 17 February 2023, 03:59   #403
Snoopy1234

I was looking at making a Disk.1 image of Clever and Smart for the modified Whdload generic slave. ADF's can be renamed simply as the format is the same but doesn't hold the protection tracks. EADF format holds the protection tracks but WHDLoad and Amiga Forever seem not to read the image.

I thought the rawdic encoder in another WHDLoad installer with the same protection might work. Mission Elevator and Spaceport are listed in disk-analyse Formats as the same scheme. Unfortunately the WHDLoad installer for each extracts the files to folder instead of an image so not appropriate. Great Giana Sisters has the rawdic encoder for a Disk.1 image but the protection scheme isn't listed in disk-analyse Formats and has issues with the Clever and Smart disk so it seems the protection on that one is different.

I was also trying to do the same thing with Chaos Strikes Back as the WHDLoad slave is incompatible with v3.3 that I have.

Last edited by Snoopy1234; 17 February 2023 at 04:02. Reason: better
Old 17 February 2023, 05:42   #404
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy1234 View Post
I was looking at making a Disk.1 image of Clever and Smart for the modified Whdload generic slave. ADF's can be renamed simply as the format is the same but doesn't hold the protection tracks. EADF format holds the protection tracks but WHDLoad and Amiga Forever seem not to read the image.

I thought the rawdic encoder in another WHDLoad installer with the same protection might work. Mission Elevator and Spaceport are listed in disk-analyse Formats as the same scheme. Unfortunately the WHDLoad installer for each extracts the files to folder instead of an image so not appropriate. Great Giana Sisters has the rawdic encoder for a Disk.1 image but the protection scheme isn't listed in disk-analyse Formats and has issues with the Clever and Smart disk so it seems the protection on that one is different.

I was also trying to do the same thing with Chaos Strikes Back as the WHDLoad slave is incompatible with v3.3 that I have.
Mission Elevator and Spaceport have dedicated WHDLoad slaves the patch the game to bypass the protection. A generic slave will not work as the protection has to be patched. There are a few games that you can just skip the main loader which contains the protection check and load the game directly to bypass the protection, but that is rare.

Great Giana Sisters uses a custom mfm track format. I have a disk-analysis decoder for the game, but I don't have a good raw dump to verify it, so I won't be releasing it until I can find a dump. Not sure why your trying to image Clever and Smart with the Great Giana Sisters imager.

In other words someone will have to write a custom WHDLoad slave to support an original of Clever and Smart.
Old 17 February 2023, 06:23   #405
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Mission Elevator and Spaceport have dedicated WHDLoad slaves the patch the game to bypass the protection. A generic slave will not work as the protection has to be patched. There are a few games that you can just skip the main loader which contains the protection check and load the game directly to bypass the protection, but that is rare.

Great Giana Sisters uses a custom mfm track format. I have a disk-analysis decoder for the game, but I don't have a good raw dump to verify it, so I won't be releasing it until I can find a dump. Not sure why your trying to image Clever and Smart with the Great Giana Sisters imager.

In other words someone will have to write a custom WHDLoad slave to support an original of Clever and Smart.
Not that it was what I was doing but I have a German release copy of Giana Sisters that was sold as "original". Looks legit but I've never been sure.
An scp dump at 5 revs from my Greaseweazle is in the Zone.
Old 18 February 2023, 06:24   #406
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Not that it was what I was doing but I have a German release copy of Giana Sisters that was sold as "original". Looks legit but I've never been sure.
I've since checked the scp image wit Hxc exe and it and the disk are broken. I've re-written the disk with an ipf. I've removed the SCP from the zone.
Old 18 February 2023, 13:38   #407
BarryB
Amigaholic

Probably too late now but cleaning the original Giana disk and re-dumping might have helped!!
Old 18 February 2023, 14:12   #408
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Probably too late now but cleaning the original Giana disk and re-dumping might have helped!!
I did clean it with ipa. Dumped rev 5 and rev 3 scp dumps which I have.
The ipf works on my A1200 and AF on PC while the dumps don't pass protection.
Old 18 February 2023, 14:53   #409
BarryB
Amigaholic

So you wrote an IPF over your original?
Old 18 February 2023, 16:02   #410
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
It's not legit. The track format is unrecognized when i process the RAW file.

We know that Giana use the Thomas Lopatic format type 1.
Old 18 February 2023, 18:07   #411
Abaddon

Quote:

I'm glad you confirmed the dump was bad. I took a look at it last night and verified the track loader from bootblock was the same as the one from the IPF, but the tracks were all bad.
Old 18 February 2023, 18:10   #412
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalDe73 View Post
Hi,
On my Gotek HXC Drive with FW v5.1.2.1a, Only with Your HFEv3 file Chaos Strikes Back, I want to report an error.
In fact, i obtain this message :

Chaos Strikes Back system Error 41

Press Left Mousse Button To Restart

But with my HFEv3 files made with unofficial IPF files v3.5, I don't have any errors.

My files were made with the latestHxCFloppyEmulator 2.14.4.1.

I will zone my ChaosStrikesBack files to test it.

https://eab.abime.net/zone/ChaosStrikesBackFiles.ZIP

Best regards,

Pascal
I can't guarantee that my HFEv3 files will work with HxC firmware -- this is not tested or supported by me. My generated HFEv3 tracks are a little different than that produced by HxC tools and so it is hardly a surprise that they won't work with a firmware that's not been tested against them.

The HFEv3 created by HxC tools does not handle the weak bits in the protection track at all. Probably it will work for a while longer but I would expect it to fail protection checks sooner or later.
Old 18 February 2023, 18:23   #413
acd2001
Zone Friend

keirf disk-utilities 2023-02-19 git dbef548
Added support for Snapperazi, Flip Flop, Pick'NPile, rename zoom_longtrack and updated

Last edited by acd2001; 07 March 2023 at 16:53.
Old 19 February 2023, 03:14   #414
Rodimus

Kier - I know we talked about this elsewhere and in the past... but has anyone stepped up to own the C64 stuff? I ask because I spent a fair bit of cash to buy some additional original C64 games, and I would love to submit them for inclusion but I have no clue where to go at this point. Any guidance?
Old 19 February 2023, 12:10   #415
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus View Post
Kier - I know we talked about this elsewhere and in the past... but has anyone stepped up to own the C64 stuff? I ask because I spent a fair bit of cash to buy some additional original C64 games, and I would love to submit them for inclusion but I have no clue where to go at this point. Any guidance?
Not my area I'm afraid, but I'm given to understand that Kryoflux DTC is good at C64 and knows most of the common protections. You should be able to dump to Kryoflux RAW using Greaseweazle and then put that through DTC. Assuming you have a Greaseweazle? If you have Kryoflux hardware it's obviously easier to use that directly with DTC.
Old 19 February 2023, 13:15   #416
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
So you wrote an IPF over your original?
I did as the disk refused to pass protection when loaded. I'd like to see an scp of another copy to be sure the "spiral" patterning shown in HXC exe dummy disk view is not original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spiral.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	78178  
Old 19 February 2023, 13:17   #417
Snoopy1234

Quote:

Thanks dlfsilver. as posted in answer to BarryB it has a spiral pattern in HXC so I wondered.
Old 19 February 2023, 15:40   #418
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus View Post
G64 is the format DTC creates for C64 images, supports most (but not all) protections! Unfortunately, while DTC/Kryoflux can read flippy disks it can't yet write to them! Meaning any flippy disk will need the flip side written using a disk with a 2nd write notch and index hole!
Old 19 February 2023, 15:42   #419
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acd2001 View Post
keirf disk-utilities 2023-02-19 git dbef548
Added support for Snapperazi, Flip Flop, Pick'NPile, rename zoom_longtrack and updated
Nice one

Now my copy of Vampires Empire + Clever & Smart only needs 1 read of the protection track to continue loading!
Old 19 February 2023, 15:51   #420
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
I did as the disk refused to pass protection when loaded. I'd like to see an scp of another copy to be sure the "spiral" patterning shown in HXC exe dummy disk view is not original.
Hmmm.. I have copy of Powerstyx from the the German Compilation 'Goldrush' and that has a similar spiral pattern, so is this a 'copy'?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-19 144913.png
Views:	54
Size:	631.6 KB
ID:	78179