Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 29 November 2013, 15:57   #381
amigafreak68k

The new name on "Game Center"
Old 29 November 2013, 18:05   #382
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.11dev:
  • When deleting a directory from a dir HD, remove Thumbs_DB and .DS_Store files first if they exist.
  • (Launcher) Changed where fs-uae-device-helper is stored in FS-UAE.app so it is picked up by the fix-libs script.
  • (Launcher) Removed refresh game database from left “main menu”.
  • (Launcher) Fixed a problem with lhafile caused by Python 3-compat changes.
New packages are also available in the Ubuntu PPAs (python-lhafile, libfs-capsimage). These are added as recommended “dependencies” and should be automatically pulled in when updating to 2.3.11dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
Is there something I need to do to have FS-UAE see my joystick device again?
Fixed in 2.3.11dev
Old 30 November 2013, 00:23   #383
bcripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Fixed in 2.3.11dev
Fast work, as always. My gamepad and other devices appear as before. Thanks, Frode.

Bob C
Old 30 November 2013, 11:14   #384
yesplease

ALT + Mouseclick to Ungrab Mouse

is not working anymore since SDL2.0 version FS-UAE 2.3.11dev on OSX for me! It worked nicely in FS-UAE 2.3.9dev. Have now to click FN+CMD+F12+g to ungrab mouse pointer. Has it to do with SDL2.0 ?

Resize+Positioning Bug from FS-UAE 2.3.9dev: Tested it in FS-UAE 2.3.11dev, works correct now.

Last edited by yesplease; 30 November 2013 at 11:22.
Old 30 November 2013, 16:26   #385
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
is not working anymore since SDL2.0 version FS-UAE 2.3.11dev on OSX for me! It worked nicely in FS-UAE 2.3.9dev. Have now to click FN+CMD+F12+g to ungrab mouse pointer. Has it to do with SDL2.0 ?
Probably. FS-UAE has never had code for Alt + mouse click, so I guess one possibility is that SDL 1.2 did that (I didn't even know about it..) and that SDL 2.0 does not do it. I see from 2.0.1 announcement that SDL2 introduced support for "Right mouse click is emulated by holding the Ctrl key while left clicking" (http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?p=40162). I guess they left out middle click emulation...
Old 01 December 2013, 21:16   #386
Jason H

Using FS-UAE 2.3.11dev, I have noticed that when quitting FS-UAE I find that my Mac screen saver is invoked when returning to the launcher. I only see this when exiting from Full Screen mode. It seems that the application parks the mouse in the bottom-right corner of the screen. If you have Hot Corners enabled to start a screen saver for example, then FS-UAE will envoke the hot corner function on exit from full screen.
I myself have disabled the hot corner function on my mac to prevent this issue. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug in the current dev version but it might be worth changing for Mac users who need to use the bottom-right Hot Corner.
Old 02 December 2013, 17:25   #387
yesplease

Quote:
I guess they left out middle click emulation...

I see . I tried everything to configure the standard apple mouse in OSX for middle click. But found no solution. A lot of apps seem to do the middle mouse emulation on its own, they do interprete CMD+LeftClick as middle mouse click, for example safari and firefox to open a new tab...

Another solution would be to install some extra software like "bettertouchtool", which would emulate the middle mouse button. But I don't like that. Do you think I can make a feature request in the SDL forums ? Or can I do the trick with the FSUAE "custom input mapping" to emulate the middle mouse button ? I really prefere a ALT+Mouseclick or even a SHIFT+CMD+Mouseclick (which would also be ok) over the fn+cmd+f12+g .

Okay I know, I could buy another mouse
Old 02 December 2013, 17:36   #388
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Jason H the right corner parking "feature" is to help with seamless transition between FS-UAE Arcade and FS-UAE. It's really no point in doing it in other cases, so I'll fix it so it only happens in that specific case.

@yesplease I guess I can add middle and right click emulation manually for FS-UAE on OS X...
Old 02 December 2013, 20:06   #389
Brilad

Floppy disk Thanks Frode

Frode - Thanks for all your work with FS-UAE, very much appreciated! Is there a way I can donate??

Old 02 December 2013, 23:10   #390
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilad View Post
Frode - Thanks for all your work with FS-UAE, very much appreciated! Is there a way I can donate??
Generous souls can use this link http://fs-uae.net/donate

(And thanks for letting me know you like FS-UAE )
Old 03 December 2013, 09:37   #391
yesplease

Quote:
@yesplease I guess I can add middle and right click emulation manually for FS-UAE on OS X...

You are crazy, wow !

The magic mouse itself maybe has only one button who knows http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Magic...+Teardown/1240 . But right button emulation is not that important, as you can configure it on the apples standard magic mouse configuration in OSX. The magic mouse will then sensor a finger laying on the upper right corner of the touch surface while the one button is clicked and that emulates the right click. But this configuration is not possible for middle mouse click, I think because the area on the mice is to small to reliably distinct the middle click from the side clicks. Anyway middle click emulation would make the FSUAE on OSX with magic mouse much more usable .

Last edited by yesplease; 03 December 2013 at 09:45.
Old 08 December 2013, 22:23   #392
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Here comes a brief overview of the plans for the immediate future. I'm now thinking a new stable FS-UAE 2.4.0 release is due soon. The development series is nicer than the "old" 2.2.3 version in many ways, especially the launcher. is nearing fast, and I don't think I will rush it before Christmas (and end up with lots of after-release support in mid-christmas), but rather take aim to release just after? So it is then important that you guys test and use the latest dev versions and let me know if there's anything important which should be fixed for 2.4.0.

WinUAE 2.7.0 is also just released - by the looks of the changelog, it should provide several nice accuracy improvements for FS-UAE. Instead of merging this code just before a new stable release, I'll rather wait a bit, and merge this probably into the first development release in the 2.5.x series. Then we'll have time to test it well before the new emulation code enters the stable series. (And also, if there is issues, 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 will be nice to test against each other to see if a problem was introduced with the merge).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
It seems that the application parks the mouse in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Fixed for 2.3.12dev, it will now only do this if requested via an environment variable (it didn't make sense that it always did it anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
A lot of apps seem to do the middle mouse emulation on its own
Middle and right click emulation implemented for 2.3.12dev (only on OS X)
Old 08 December 2013, 22:43   #393
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Might be worth adding this file from the 2.7.0

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
it has solved the chaos engine 2 AGA problem, thanks Toni
p.s Can't wait!
Old 08 December 2013, 22:53   #394
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Neil79 Yes, I'm keeping an eye on support.WinUAE so I'm informed on compatibility/progress I won't be a stranger to merging code which does not necessarily correspond exactly to a WinUAE release, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 2.7.1 before I merge!
Old 08 December 2013, 23:43   #395
jbl007

Quote:
let me know if there's anything important which should be fixed for 2.4.0.
"uae_sound_stereo_separation" still can't be changed from Host.fs-uae. It gets somehow overwritten by the amiga_set_option setting in config.c
So if this is important enough ...
Old 09 December 2013, 09:21   #396
yesplease

Quote:
is nearing fast, and I don't think I will rush it before Christmas (and end up with lots of after-release support in mid-christmas), but rather take aim to release just after?

Don't rush, but enjoy.
Old 09 December 2013, 18:32   #397
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.12dev:
  • On OS X, simulate middle click (alt) and right click (ctrl).
  • Don’t move mouse to right bottom on exit without requested with environment variable FSGS_SEAMLESS=1.
  • New option load_state = 1..9.
  • New option stereo_separation (0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100).
  • (Launcher) Added GUI control for stereo_separation.
  • (Launcher) Database change, a refresh is needed for the game database.
  • (Launcher) Convert from UTF-8 str to unicode when loading and vice versa when saving config.
  • (Arcade) Game filters: platform, letter and shuffle.
  • (Arcade) Further re-branding to FS-UAE Arcade.
  • (Arcade) Don’t display wraparound items if items would be repeat on screen.
  • (Arcade) Can start with –platform argument (–amiga, –cd32 etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
"uae_sound_stereo_separation" still can't be changed from Host.fs-uae. It gets somehow overwritten by the amiga_set_option setting in config.c. So if this is important enough ...
No, it's definitively not one of the important things, but see the new stereo_separation option still (Also, the problem was never that it was overwrittenby amiga_set_option, you misunderstood my earlier explanation).
Old 09 December 2013, 20:30   #398
yesplease

Quote:
2.3.12dev:
[*]On OS X, simulate middle click (alt) and right click (ctrl).
frode is rushing like crazy downloading now !!! Really really thank you frode.

EDIT: tested, works as expected !!!

Last edited by yesplease; 09 December 2013 at 20:39.
Old 09 December 2013, 20:48   #399
yesplease

Hey frode I still found one little bug/glitch in FS-UAE 2.3.11dev, FS-UAE 2.3.12dev

When you start in fullscreen=off by preferences, the FSUAE window size is maybe 1/3 of my 1080p screen. Which is fine. And when you then go by ALT+ENTER in fullscreen and come back to window mode by again ALT+ENTER, the size is like before 1/3.

Now for the bug:
when you start in fullscreen=on via preferences. FSUAE goes straight in fullscreen mode. When you press ALT+ENTER it goes in window mode, but now the windows size is something like 1980x1020. In fact the bug is that it then stretches into offscreen because of the OSX menu on top of the screen (e.g. the window can not be dragged over the menu area). The window size should be also 1/3 of the screen, shouldn't it ? In FS-UAE 2.3.9dev(pre SDL2) it was 1/3 .

Last edited by yesplease; 09 December 2013 at 20:54.
Old 12 December 2013, 01:25   #400
Harry
HD Installer

Just a note: With OpenSuse 13.1, fs-uae-launcher requires manual installation of PySide, this is not provided as package. PySide can be obtained together with installation instructions from
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySide Otherwise, the latest dev runs fine.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 December 2013 at 21:19. Reason: Moved from stable thread