English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 13 February 2023, 06:42   #381
Snoopy1234

When converting Track00.0.raw etc to other formats, disk-analyse is giving "failed to probe Track00.0.raw" ? Unacceptable format?
Old 13 February 2023, 12:28   #382
BarryB
Amigaholic

That means track00.0.raw is missing or wrong filename given! Which dump are you using?
Old 13 February 2023, 13:08   #383
Snoopy1234

it's not missing or wrong. eg Track00.0.raw - Track83.1.raw in CSB3.3 folder.
.\disk-analyse --format="Chaos Strikes Back" CSB3.3\Track00.0.raw CSB.adf

It's a GW raw dump I did of CSB. I am experimenting to see if a Disk.1 file can be made for WHDLoad. The imager and slave doesn't like my CSB 3.3 version.
Old 13 February 2023, 13:43   #384
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy1234 View Post
it's not missing or wrong. eg Track00.0.raw - Track83.1.raw in CSB3.3 folder.
.\disk-analyse --format="Chaos Strikes Back" CSB3.3\Track00.0.raw CSB.adf

It's a GW raw dump I did of CSB. I am experimenting to see if a Disk.1 file can be made for WHDLoad. The imager and slave doesn't like my CSB 3.3 version.
Simply use the HxC to convert in ADF then or Winuae.
Old 16 February 2023, 12:23   #385
Snoopy1234

Can't see Clever and Smart (Magic Bytes) in disk-analyse Formats?
Old 16 February 2023, 14:19   #386
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy1234 View Post
Can't see Clever and Smart (Magic Bytes) in disk-analyse Formats?
Does anyone have a dump of it as there is no official IPF?

The only dump SPS has is from a Compilation with Vampire's Empire and that appears unprotected!

I have the same 2 games as SPS but from a German compilation, Goldrush, and that is protected on track 0.1 as disk-utilities shows it as zoom_longtrack or bomb_busters_longtrack but those won't be the correct protection so only using raw_dd will generate a working IPF! A CT RAW will load in WinUAE but the level graphics are corrupt unless you use Cycle-exact (Full) in WinUAE 4.10.x But, WTF is this game? Even reading the manual on HOL doesn't help, probably why no one has dumped it
Old 16 February 2023, 14:47   #387
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post

The only dump SPS has is from a Compilation with Vampire's Empire and that appears unprotected!

I have the same 2 games as SPS but from a German compilation, Goldrush, and that is protected on track 0.1 as disk-utilities shows it as zoom_longtrack or bomb_busters_longtrack but those won't be the correct protection so only using raw_dd will generate a working IPF! A CT RAW will load in WinUAE but the level graphics are corrupt unless you use Cycle-exact (Full) in WinUAE 4.10.x But, WTF is this game? Even reading the manual on HOL doesn't help, probably why no one has dumped it
SCP in the Zone. - 2D maze-scroller
Old 16 February 2023, 15:32   #388
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:

I have this game in IPF.

The dump from SPS is copy protected, and use the "GAP track aa" copyprotection. I have a dump of it also from one of our contributors, same it's protected.

Zoom_longtrack must be renamed "GAP track aa". It's used on Cyberworld, emetic skimmer, Grid Start.
Old 16 February 2023, 15:40   #389
BarryB
Amigaholic

Try this parameter in disk-utilities:

158-161 rainbow_arts_protection_b
* amigados

Seems to work for passing the protection check! Denis might analyse it and tell us the what the real protection is but you would need to dump it again using 5 revs, what did you create the SCP with SuperCard or Greasweazle?

If it was a Greaseweazle just use: gw read foldername\track.raw --revs 5 --tracks=c=0-83

Then upload the dump to The Zone, Denis will probably pick it up and analyse it!!
Old 16 February 2023, 15:44   #390
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:

* amigados

Seems to work for passing the protection check! Denis might analyse it and tell us the what the real protection is but you would need to dump it again using 5 revs, what did you create the SCP with SuperCard or Greasweazle?

If it was a Greaseweazle just use: gw read foldername\track.raw --revs 5 --tracks=c=0-83

Then upload the dump to The Zone, Denis will probably pick it up and analyse it!!
Rainbow arts protection b is something else. most Magic Bytes games are protected with "GAP track aa".
Old 16 February 2023, 15:57   #391
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
I have this game in IPF.

The dump from SPS is copy protected, and use the "GAP track aa" copyprotection. I have a dump of it also from one of our contributors, same it's protected.

Zoom_longtrack must be renamed "GAP track aa". It's used on Cyberworld, emetic skimmer, Grid Start.
If I use zoom_longtrack on my compilation version (Vampires Empire + Clever & Smart) it always tries the protection check 3 times before loading, not once like the CT RAW does!

The SCP snoopy uploaded does not seem to have zoom/GAP protection? Or, it is a variant?
Old 16 February 2023, 18:36   #392
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
disk-utilities shows it as zoom_longtrack or bomb_busters_longtrack but those won't be the correct protection so only using raw_dd will generate a working IPF!
What's "raw_dd"?
An alternative utility for generating IPF files?
Old 16 February 2023, 20:29   #393
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
What's "raw_dd"?
An alternative utility for generating IPF files?
It's another format parameter in disk-utilities that just creates the track as raw unanalysed data rather than a track that is decoded with a known format. Simlar to creating a CT RAW file from a Kryoflux dump but you can just specify which tracks to use raw_dd on!
Old 16 February 2023, 21:30   #394
Abaddon

Quote:

* amigados

I took a look and rainbow_arts_protection_b is the correct format for disk-analyse.
Old 16 February 2023, 21:36   #395
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I took a look and rainbow_arts_protection_b is the correct format for disk-analyse.
Wait, you talk about Clever and Smart ? Yes it uses one of the many Rainbow arts protections :

What you call Rainbow Arts Protection b is labelled Rainbow Arts p4489

I have uploaded the IPF in the zone.

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 16 February 2023 at 21:53.
Old 16 February 2023, 21:59   #396
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
It's another format parameter in disk-utilities that just creates the track as raw unanalysed data rather than a track that is decoded with a known format. Simlar to creating a CT RAW file from a Kryoflux dump but you can just specify which tracks to use raw_dd on!
Oh! I didn't know it existed.

Last edited by Supamax; 17 February 2023 at 01:47.
Old 16 February 2023, 21:59   #397
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Wait, you talk about Clever and Smart ? Yes it uses one of the many Rainbow arts protections :

What you call Rainbow Arts Protection b is labelled Rainbow Arts p4489

I have uploaded the IPF in the zone.
Yes, I was talking Clever and Smart.
Old 16 February 2023, 22:00   #398
Abaddon

Quote:
If I use zoom_longtrack on my compilation version (Vampires Empire + Clever & Smart) it always tries the protection check 3 times before loading, not once like the CT RAW does!

The SCP snoopy uploaded does not seem to have zoom/GAP protection? Or, it is a variant?
It is definitely not the Zoom_longtrack. Your first suggestion of rainbow_art_b is correct.

I have made changes to the zoom protection format to support Triple X and will be renaming it in my next release. The current version was setting the bit length to 102400 and I have come across 2 games that have bit length of just under 101200, so I had to make changes.

The change may resolve the problem with it checking 3 times.
Old 16 February 2023, 22:55   #399
Snoopy1234

Quote:

* amigados

SCP is rev 5 on a Greaseweazle
Old 16 February 2023, 23:11   #400
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
It is definitely not the Zoom_longtrack. Your first suggestion of rainbow_art_b is correct.

I have made changes to the zoom protection format to support Triple X and will be renaming it in my next release. The current version was setting the bit length to 102400 and I have come across 2 games that have bit length of just under 101200, so I had to make changes.

The change may resolve the problem with it checking 3 times.
Regarding BarryB vampire empire + clever and smart it's not the rainbow arts protection b.

The protection is on track 00.1, and the SPS encoder refuses to encode the rainbow arts protection tracks. Those are always present at the end of the disk, never at the start.