English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 27 March 2022, 19:51   #381
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcotter View Post
Hi,
anyone using TBClock with latest picasso?
it does not shows with it.
http://aminet.net/package/util/time/TBClock
Thanks
It does show up here (GBAPII++, Retina), and I don't see why it shouldn't. However, if you close the workbench, or open the workbench in another mode, the program crashes, which makes me worry about the quality of the software.
Old 27 March 2022, 23:16   #382
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks
Works for me, but as Thomas said. It doesn't seem to be the most solid implementation. If you want a replacement, I suggest screentime. It is still being updated.
Old 27 March 2022, 23:57   #383
Thomas Richter

For the Picasso II, you can set SYSTEM2SCREENBLITS=No in the tool types, maybe that helps. The P-II has one issue, namely that CPU to framebuffer blits may not work.
Old 29 March 2022, 11:04   #384
gerul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
Please note that the right place to report bugs is the icomp page because you can also get there (potentially) new versions there, after providing proof of your purchase.

Second, is that a CVision3D or a CVision64? Those two are very different. Third, which version of P96 is that? The CyberVision3D driver changed and improved significantly in the latest versions.

This said, the above program may hijack a hardware interrupt for midi, potentially the same interrupt the CVision3D uses for its vertical blank interrupt. If the program would operate in a system friendly way, this problem would not appear. You can, however, instruct the driver not to use an interrupt by adding "INTERRUPT=No" to the tool type of the monitor icon (if that is a CVision3D).
Thank you for your reply.
I cannot register on icomp.de forums page - it's bugged, despite my valid accout on a shop page.
P96 version is fresh, I downloaded again 2 days ago just to be sure.
The card is CV64/3D with original scandoubler.
The trick with "INTERRUPT=No" didn't help.
With CGX everything works perfectly.

Regards, Bartosz
Old 29 March 2022, 12:57   #385
Thomas Richter

Could you please answer my questions? I need a version number (not "latest", which could mean anything), you find it in "History.readme". If forum access does not work for you, despite that it's working for many others, please send a message to Jens.

Sorry, but I cannot help you without proof of purchase, and only Jens can do that.
Old 29 March 2022, 17:28   #386
gerul

Changes in release 3.2.4
(27.02.22) ©2017-2022 iComp
Old 31 March 2022, 19:44   #387
Thomas Richter

As for the CV3D (not CV64, which is a different card) I do not see any issues with 1280x1024x8 nor at 1024x768x16 here on my. What I would suggest is to use P96Mode and probably adjust the mode settings somewhat. Potentially, lower the pixel clock a bit or move the screen a bit to the left. Click on the card (top left), then click on the resolution (bottom left), then select the particular mode (top right), then click on "Edit" (bottom right), use the arrow keys to move the picture, Ctrl+Arrow Up/Down to adjust the pixel clock, press RETURN when done, then save the settings and reboot.

I would also suggest to check the version of the s3virge.chip driver, because there was one issue fixed a while ago concerning a bad chip configuration that can create defects that are close to what you describe.

Failing that, you can send me your P96 settings file, it is in DEVS:Picasso96Settings.

Concerning this music program you mention, I do not see any relation to graphics card software. It (or rather the midi.device it comes with) installs a serial interrupt handler that is simply buggy and runs into nowhere, by assuming particular register values that are simply not granted. There is nothing I or anyone else except their authors can do.

Last edited by Thomas Richter; 31 March 2022 at 21:00.
Old 31 March 2022, 21:51   #388
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks
Yep same happened to me as well

Now using the newer one called “Screentime” instead;

http://aminet.net/package/util/time/ScreenTime

This one works. With new P96 with some extra features.
Old 31 March 2022, 22:00   #389
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
No worries Thomas. I know it’s a major headache coding stuff around parts you may not own. I have kept a copy of P96 V3 on my test tower with a Mediator TX and Voodoo 4. When I get a bit of time will have a play around to see if it’s something I’m not doing perhaps? On a side note I haven’t tried by installing V 3+ From scratch, but only done an upgrade from an already installed and working V 2.1B? So maybe something in the upgrade process is giving weird issues? Anyways will keep this thread updated
Okay. So I’ve had to rebuild my main Tower as I’m now using a BPPC instead of a 1260 blizzard. So have just installed everything new, OS3.9 BB1 to 4 and P96 version 3.2.4 (Latest second download link of 10 I’m guessing from my bought history on Icomp?).

Anyways IBrowse 2.5.5 now working normally again with Voodoo 4. But I did have to change my Warp3D env-archive setting to “No” to get the Voodoo 4 to show correctly.
Old 01 April 2022, 00:41   #390
hexaae
Bug hunter

I can suggest TitleClock1001: all others I've tested have various issues (show up on some games custom screen, or are unstable, no issue on CloseWorkbench() etc.) http://aminet.net/package/util/time/TitleClock1001
Old 06 April 2022, 02:16   #391
my_pc_is_amiga

I have a ZZ9000 and CVisionPPC card in a A4000T that had some issues in screen switching but now I installed a PIV and CVisionPPC and took the ZZ9000 out for now. I see something strange with this combo as well. This is P96 3.2.4 and AmigaOS 3.2.1

1) With only PIV, NTSC, and PAL in devs:monitors and activated these 3, this is what I see below. I have PIV with DISPLAYCHAIN=YES

Workbench --> New Screen
Hires Laced --> RTG PIV 800x600. When going back and forth between the 2 I see both RTG and Amiga video out of PIV. It is good.

RTG PIV 800x600 --> Hires Laced . When going back and forth between the 2 I see both RTG and Amiga video out of PIV. It is good.

2) Now I activate CVisionPPC driver with PIV, NTSC, and PAL drivers:
I have PIV with DISPLAYCHAIN=YES and CVisionPPC with DISPLAYCHAIN=No

Workbench --> New Screen
Hires Laced --> PIV RTG 800x600. When going back to WB, it is black output on PIV card output. 23-pin RGB is okay and shows Amiga Video

RTG PIV 800x600 --> Hires Laced . When new screen opens, this is not displayed on PIV card output. It does show up in RGB 23-pin.

It seems like CVisionPPC driver is de-activating the DISPLAYCHAIN on PIV?

Last edited by my_pc_is_amiga; 06 April 2022 at 03:54.
Old 06 April 2022, 08:43   #392
Thomas Richter

That's right. The CVisonPPC does not have a VGA switch, neither does it have a flicker fixer of any sort, nor is there any connection between the native Amiga video out and the CVisonPPC, so there is no display chain.

All the firmware does is to patch the graphics library at boot time to implement some "sort of" mode promotion such that the native Amiga modes appear instead on the CvisionPPC.

P96 makes its best attempt to remove these patches, and there is no way to display a native mode on the CVisionPPC, neither with the original firmware, nor with P96, simply because there is no connection between them.

If you want a similar mode promotion as for the original firmware, just install a mode promotion utility. Or buy an external VGA switch.
Old 06 April 2022, 16:01   #393
my_pc_is_amiga

Thanks Thomas. To clarify iwhat I'm observing...

With CVisionPPC P96 driver *not* active (but card is installed in computer), PicassoIV card driver outputs Amiga video (flicker fixer) and PIV RTG modes on PIV card output -- this is good and expected.

Now when the CVisionPPC driver is activated (and in the cases above I don't have any RTG screen or other video output coming out of CVisionPPC), the *PIV output* for the flickerfixer of the PIV is not working correctly.

For situation (2), I see flickerfixer output on PIV output at first but once I open a *PIV* RTG screen and switch back to WB HiresLaced, then no output on *PIV* (black screen).
Old 06 April 2022, 17:08   #394
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_pc_is_amiga View Post
Now when the CVisionPPC driver is activated (and in the cases above I don't have any RTG screen or other video output coming out of CVisionPPC), the *PIV output* for the flickerfixer of the PIV is not working correctly.
It is not working at all because forcefully the CyberPPC promotes native modes to its own screen. That's what it has to do because the CVisionPPC patches the system and steals the native output. That's the joy of the CVisionPPC firmware P96 cannot remove entirely.
Old 06 April 2022, 18:00   #395
my_pc_is_amiga

For the case of (1), where I don't have CVisionPPC P96 driver activated, I do see the firmware patching doing its job and copying native screen to CVisionPPC output. When P96 driver for CvisionPPC gets activated, the the screen on CVisionPPC goes black -- which is expected as now P96 has the controls.

I'll have to see if I can try a few other situations but I thought I remember PIV flickerfixer was working okay when CVIsionPPC driver is activated with a previous P96 version...I need to confirm.
Old 07 April 2022, 00:56   #396
my_pc_is_amiga

I went back to P96 3.0 and to my surprise, same behavior. I went through just this scenario with CVisionPPC and PIV activated in devs:monitors:

Workbench --> New Screen
RTG PIV 800x600 --> Hires Laced -- no flickerfixer video on PIV output.

Then separately, to rule out phase5 gfx patch, I went back to latest P96 3.2.4 and to phase5 FW44.57 that doesn't have the bootvga resident...and this is also same.
Old 07 April 2022, 06:29   #397
my_pc_is_amiga

For a comparison, I now installed a CVision64 and a PIV card in my A4000T (all other graphic cards removed -- no CVIsionPPC installed). DISPLAYCHAIN=YES for PIV and DISPLAYCHAIN=NO for CV64. Then I did these experiments. Not hitting exactly the same kind of case but I do see issue in 1 case:
Not that WB=workbench screen

1) WB C64 screen --> create PIV RTG screen. Good swapping back and forth between screens

2) WB PIV screen --> create CV64 RTG screen. Good swapping back and forth between screens

3) WB C64 screen --> create Hires Laced. 1st time swap, flickerfixer on PIV output good. On 2nd and subsequent times, no flickerfixer output on PIV (black). If I again create PIV RTG, and then do Hires laced, it recovers first time and I see flickerfixer output. Subsequent times no flickerfixer output.

4) WB C64 screen, keep a 2nd PIV RTG screen open, then open up a 3rd HiresLaced screen. I can swap back and forth between them and all is okay.

Can this be due to how Setswtich() is saving the MoniSwitch state in BoardInfo struct or is this more for the rtg.library to keep track?

Last edited by my_pc_is_amiga; 07 April 2022 at 07:05. Reason: To clarify
Old 07 April 2022, 08:15   #398
Thomas Richter

Can you please report in the icomp forum so we can get your purchase verified? I believe I have an idea, but to send you a beta, I need an ok from Jens.
Old 07 April 2022, 16:54   #399
my_pc_is_amiga

I just posted to icomp forum. Curious if this "fix" is in the #?.card driver itself or something more universal. Could this fix impact what I was seeing in CVisionPPC/PIV combo and possibly ZZ9000/CVisionPPC combo? Or if a #?.card specific, is it something that may need adjusting in ZZ9000 card library as well?
Old 07 April 2022, 18:04   #400
Thomas Richter

Please refer to me and this thread, and that I have something waiting for you. I don't think this is in the card file, it is rather that the library did not turn on the flicker fixer if switched away to a board outside the display chain.