English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 September 2016, 23:29   #21
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
it's the duke nukem music. but it seems a soundcard (prisma megamix) is required for playing music in amiduke.
and this soundtrack has to be ripped to .ogg format using a topend roland sc-55 thingymajiggy, whatever it is.

edit: this prisma megamix thingy is getting funnier: you need a non existing soundcard not available for purchase
in order to get some working ingame music for duke nukem 3d. seriously. how are we supposed to manage that?
Lots of people have kindly ripped classic PC games from MIDI to compressed audio, you just have to do some searching.

Looks like the Prisma is nearly ready for a commercial release so there is no reason music support can't be added to these kind of games.

Old 16 September 2016, 15:53   #22
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Well, people already confirmed it. But I was 100% sure too, I bought this original when it first came out. Which is something I haven't done a lot in my life, teehee

You could play it without the CD without using any crack at all, but then you had no music
but besides cd music perhaps there are some midi music hidden in the code of the game
yet I don't understand why in the windows port you can select midi device for music
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	49995  
Old 16 September 2016, 17:10   #23
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i had it too And it had CD tracks, indeed
Old 17 September 2016, 15:00   #24
GraveR

I took the opportunity to record the game's midifiles using a Yamaha MU2000 in GS-mode.

It's in lossless 16bit/48KHz FLAC-format, so it can converted to any format you desire.

New version without EQ (I forgot I had EQ on, sorry )
https://www.sharebear.nl/index.php/s/bR1MajgfpjTWgBa

Old version with EQ
https://www.sharebear.nl/index.php/s/yUTvlOmswu6d3IB

Enjoy!

Last edited by GraveR; 17 September 2016 at 15:26. Reason: Added new versions without EQ