English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 July 2013, 08:15   #21
dekarAF
Retired Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonJacobs View Post
Try my shader!

I think it is at least almost as good, and it is just 1 file!

I recomemnd you use the crt.png mask, it makes it look better, and is needed to compensate for the brightnesss introduced by the shader.
Friggin awesome. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonJacobs View Post
My personal sweet-spot is 800x600 fullscreen with the png mask, I love the watercolor-on-canvas look this gives.

With this, along with using Sandra to force 50hz on my LCD, I feel I have finally arrived at that ever elusive nirvana, *perfect amiga emulation*
I got a 120hz LCD which also supports 100hz, so it's just as perfect, especially with your filter. Thanks again!

Last edited by prowler; 16 July 2013 at 20:34. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 16 July 2013, 14:28   #22
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Nice filter, but too much bloom. The scanlines doesn't look real enough, they are at least too thin in 1920x1080.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 16 July 2013 at 14:40.
Old 16 July 2013, 15:51   #23
dekarAF
Retired Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Nice filter, but too much bloom. The scanlines doesn't look real enough, they are at least too thin in 1920x1080.
Scanlines don't scale correctly in WinUAE. At least I have never found out how to make them look decent.

Edit: Unless you use the scanlines in the Display options. The D3D filter scanlines however, look bad.
Old 16 July 2013, 16:14   #24
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The Direct3D scanlines looks really good in WinUAE. Try "Auto Integer Scaling".

But in this case i meant the scanlines created from the shader.

TysonJacobs shader but with a Scanlines75x4.png. Looks much better on FullHD displays.

@TJ

What are the shader values to lower the bloom?

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 16 July 2013 at 21:09.
Old 16 July 2013, 22:00   #25
TysonJacobs

Ugh, I am back to being unsatisfied. I noticed there are rendering artifacts. Really, none of the D3D shaders seem to work properly in WinUAE. I think that the source texture dimensions aren't being properly set.

Also, I would really like to get scanlines working properly in the shader. Right now they are not part of the shader, but just a mask effect. Scanlines really need separate processing from the rest of the pixels to really look right, masks just aren't good enough. Currently, there is no way to do scanlines that I know of in UAE. Does anyone know of any scanline shaders that work correctly?

Quote:
TysonJacobs shader but with a Scanlines75x4.png. Looks much better on FullHD displays.
I forgot to mention, this shader works best in lores mode. Otherwise, if the source is prescaled, you don't get much if any smoothing. That is, if you like that.

Quote:
What are the shader values to lower the bloom?
Mess with the "1.5" value on line 44,
color.a = clamp(1.5 - color.a, 0, 1);
It is sensitive, try .1 increments
Old 16 July 2013, 22:15   #26
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Mess with the "1.5" value on line 44,
color.a = clamp(1.5 - color.a, 0, 1);
It is sensitive, try .1 increments
Thanks! I think a 1.3 value is pretty good. Raster games never had much bloom. You could see a good amout of bloom in old arcade vector games.

Quote:
I forgot to mention, this shader works best in lores mode. Otherwise, if the source is prescaled, you don't get much if any smoothing. That is, if you like that.
Sadly lores only is a limitation since some games/demos uses mixed lores/hires. The smoothing/blur is good enough in WinUAE hires mode+your shader imo. Great colors, matches older CRTs pretty good.

More screenshots:

http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=sqAWyWGP

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 16 July 2013 at 23:03.
Old 17 July 2013, 01:32   #27
TysonJacobs

If you are a fan of blurred out pixels, like I am, make sure the line mode is normal, not doubled, and the resolution is lores.
Old 17 July 2013, 01:40   #28
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I'm a fan of the RGB cable scanlines look, not the heavy blur you get with the antenna/composite cable. But out of curiosity: It should be possible to the set the amount of blur in the shader, right? Or is this an OpenGL (look at Frode's scanlines-nonlinear-blur.shader for FS-UAE) only feature?

Line Mode normal+lores isn't good for interlace or hires text fonts. So it has to be "Double"+hires for me.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 17 July 2013 at 01:47.
Old 17 July 2013, 02:28   #29
TysonJacobs

D3D and Opengl are essentially the same.

However, in this shader, blur and bloom are linked.

If you want, you could try adjusting back the bloom variable to 1.5 or even higher, and then compensate by dialing down the "brightness" and "bloom-brightness" (.9 and .09 respectively, lines 61 and 62)

float4 baseResult = sum/weightSum*.9;
float4 result = baseResult + sum*.09;
Old 17 July 2013, 02:56   #30
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I see, works fine.
Old 18 July 2013, 14:46   #31
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

btw: Your shader looks fine with the additional D3D scanlines (no mask Scanlines effect PNG) too.

Old 20 July 2013, 09:30   #32
Leandro Jardim

Try this:

* A full screen resolution of 576p 50 Hz (that already blurred one. );
* Set the presampling to 2x;
* And finally the mask to ApertureMRES.png;
* Turn ON the VSync (if not why I am using 50 Hz?);

And you get the antenna cable dream!

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 20 July 2013 at 10:10. Reason: fixed 720p to 576p
Old 20 July 2013, 09:50   #33
dekarAF
Retired Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Try this:

* A full screen resolution of 720p 50 Hz (that already blurred one. );
* Set the presampling to 2x;
* And finally the mask to ApertureMRES.png;
* Turn ON the VSync (if not why I am using 50 Hz?);

And you get the antenna cable dream!
Screenshot example please, or else I don't believe ya.
Old 20 July 2013, 10:08   #34
Leandro Jardim

With game screens the result is spectacular, but with a interlaced Workbench gets hard to read the texts (and I love it!).

I forgot to say that you may to have to adjust the proportion of the screen to get the best results.

And also, I wrote wrong the screen size, and its 576p.

PS. Ah one more thing too, the last picture was taken after I adjusted the contrast in display panel to -16. You see its better than the prior two.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 27 March 2019 at 13:44.
Old 27 July 2013, 23:10   #35
mdrejhon
Chief Blur Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekarAF View Post
I got a 120hz LCD which also supports 100hz, so it's just as perfect, especially with your filter. Thanks again!
Did you enable the WinUAE software-based black frame insertion feature, for reduced motion blur at 60fps@120Hz and at 50fps@100Hz? (To see how black frame insertion reduces motion blur, see TestUFO: Black Frame Insertion Demo in a supported web browser such as Google Chrome.

Also, have you enabled LightBoost 2D on your 120Hz monitor? If you're using one of the 120Hz monitors that includes LightBoost? One of the WinUAE developers now use a Lightboost monitor now.
Old 27 July 2013, 23:17   #36
dekarAF
Retired Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post
Did you enable the WinUAE software-based black frame insertion feature, for reduced motion blur at 60fps@120Hz and at 50fps@100Hz? (To see how black frame insertion reduces motion blur, see TestUFO: Black Frame Insertion Demo in a supported web browser such as Google Chrome.

Also, have you enabled LightBoost 2D on your 120Hz monitor? If you're using one of the 120Hz monitors that includes LightBoost? One of the WinUAE developers now use a Lightboost monitor now.
Haven't enabled lightboost (I though lightboost was only enabled in 3D mode, which again locked the refresh rate to 60hz). I will definitely check it out. I don't notice any motion blur though. I've got an ASUS VG278Q.
Old 28 July 2013, 08:06   #37
mdrejhon
Chief Blur Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekarAF View Post
Haven't enabled lightboost (I though lightboost was only enabled in 3D mode, which again locked the refresh rate to 60hz). I will definitely check it out. I don't notice any motion blur though. I've got an ASUS VG278Q.
LightBoost is more popular for 2D now than for 3D. Google "lightboost". You do not need 3D glasses to use LightBoost's motion blur eliminating feature anymore. ToastyX Strobelight is a new third party utility that easily enables LightBoost. See the http://www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/ for instructions (see Hack section).

View www.testufo.com/#test=photo (in Google Chrome) with LightBoost enabled versus disabled. ToastyX Strobelight lets you turn it on/off LightBoost on the fly. You'll quickly tell the difference.
Old 28 July 2013, 08:24   #38
dekarAF
Retired Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post
LightBoost is more popular for 2D now than for 3D. Google "lightboost". You do not need 3D glasses to use LightBoost's motion blur eliminating feature anymore. ToastyX Strobelight is a new third party utility that easily enables LightBoost. See the http://www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/ for instructions (see Hack section).

View www.testufo.com/#test=photo (in Google Chrome) with LightBoost enabled versus disabled. ToastyX Strobelight lets you turn it on/off LightBoost on the fly. You'll quickly tell the difference.
Will give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04 August 2014, 15:49   #39
isamu

Hi guys,

Any progress on HLSL working in FS-UAE yet?
Old 05 August 2014, 09:04   #40
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu View Post
Any progress on HLSL working in FS-UAE yet?
HLSL is an Direct3D feature. FS-UAE uses OpenGL exclusively, where the corresponding feature is GLSL (which FS-UAE supports). Therefore, since FS-UAE does not use Direct3D, it will not support HLSL, but you can do the same stuff with GLSL.

(If you have more questions about the GLSL support, please post to the FS-UAE forum )