English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 04 June 2012, 19:47   #21
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
It is most practical for me if you just download the latest po file from http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/po/ and make the changes (and anything other you want to change) directly. A possible bug: I think perhaps you have mixed up "less accurate" and "least accurate" in the French translations!

And of course, thank you for translating
po modified

for accuracy, it's hard to translate, but i think "my" translation is good :

Max accuracy (1) < Least accuracy (0) < Less accuracy (-1)

in french :

Précision Maximale < Précision Moyenne < Précision Minimale

ps: for the place of icons, it's not me, but :

"FS-UAE is an Amiga emulator for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X based on UAE/WinUAE, with a focus on emulating games." in your site
Attached Files
File Type: zip fr.mo.zip (3.4 KB, 284 views)
Old 04 June 2012, 20:01   #22
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Hey Frode,
in the Launcher I miss the Amiga Game Consoles (CD32 & CDTV). Is this intension?!
Yes, but only because it isn't done yet (not a big change, but it requires CD selectors instead of floppy selectors, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
po modified

for accuracy, it's hard to translate, but i think "my" translation is good :
Max accuracy (1) < Least accuracy (0) < Less accuracy (-1)
in french :
Précision Maximale < Précision Moyenne < Précision Minimale
Ah, but "Less" accurate is more accurate than "Least": Max accuracy (1) - Less accuracy (0) - Least accuracy (-1), so I expect it should be:
- Accurate (1) - Précision Maximale
- Less accuracy (0) - Précision Moyenne
- Least accuracy (-1) - Précision Minimale
Old 04 June 2012, 20:10   #23
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
f**k always thought the opposite

re-uploaded po files
Attached Files
File Type: zip fr.mo.zip (3.4 KB, 280 views)
Old 04 June 2012, 20:23   #24
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

To save you some questions regarding features and functionality in the launcher, here are the things I have written down on the TODO-list in the launcher README file (this is not an exhaustive list):
  • Change how save states and other state is saved: save everything to a directory specific for each configuration and/or game.
  • Add more configuration options (memory settings, floppy drive speed, etc).
  • Implement a "More options" dialog for the current configuration where the user can set some more seldom used configuration-specific options, and also with the ability to specify custom key/values.
  • Implement explicit loading and saving of configurations.
  • Implement the settings dialog with some common settings such as themes, fullscreen modes, vsync settings, and also allow the user to manually specify custom key/values.
  • Support loading just e.g joystick_port_0_mode = joystick config value (without joystick_port_0) and set joystick_port_0 to a sensible value automatically (last used joystick in that port, if available).
  • Handle some more corner cases, sanitize configurations a bit better on loading.
  • Make several paths configurable (scan dirs, etc).
  • Make it possible to select the built-in AROS kickstart replacement.
  • Automatically create and fill the configuration list based on scanned floppy images (by the use of a database of known good configurations).
  • Add CD32 and CDTV as supported systems. Show CD-ROM selector instead of floppy selector when using one of these.
  • Add support for managing hard drives (and CD-ROM drives for regular Amigas).
  • Add support for launching zipped-down WHDLoad games with functionality to save changed files to the (new) state dir, and merge old changed files when starting the game.
  • Finish the net play support with integrated lobby, chat and game setup.
  • Perhaps bundle a freely distributable and fun single-player game with some fs-uae / launcher distributions (must work with the AROS kickstart).
  • Perhaps bundle a freely distributable and fun multi-player game with some fs-uae / launcher distributions (must work with the AROS kickstart) when the net play functionality is integrated into the launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
f**k always thought the opposite
re-uploaded po files
Thanks, updated
Old 05 June 2012, 06:18   #25
grimi

Hi, Frode. FS-UAE-Launcher ignores definition of XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR variable from the "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/user-dirs.dirs" ,
and force creating ~/Documents folder. I'm using linux & openbox wm .
Old 05 June 2012, 18:25   #26
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimi View Post
Hi, Frode. FS-UAE-Launcher ignores definition of XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR variable from the "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/user-dirs.dirs" ,
and force creating ~/Documents folder. I'm using linux & openbox wm .
Yes, it does (ignore it), but I have implemented support for it in the next update
* (Launcher) Support XDG user dirs (requires xdg-user-dir executable).
Old 05 June 2012, 23:27   #27
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Hi, Frodesolheim are you aware that there is a new upgraded pandora model.It is 1ghz and can be overclocked as well. Would Fsuae run on this model.Would you be interested in porting it or making it available for another develeoper to port to the Pandora?CP1GHz DM3730 is 1Ghz (overclockable)
GPU is now 200MHz instead of 110mhz
RAM is now 512MB instead of 256MB
Memory is clocked at 200MHz instead of 166MHz
CPU L1 cache increased from 16KB/16KB to 32KB/32K
Case is new stronger silver version
Old 06 June 2012, 19:02   #28
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Hi, Frodesolheim are you aware that there is a new upgraded pandora model.It is 1ghz and can be overclocked as well. Would Fsuae run on this model.Would you be interested in porting it or making it available for another develeoper to port to the Pandora?CP1GHz DM3730 is 1Ghz (overclockable)
GPU is now 200MHz instead of 110mhz
RAM is now 512MB instead of 256MB
Memory is clocked at 200MHz instead of 166MHz
CPU L1 cache increased from 16KB/16KB to 32KB/32K
Case is new stronger silver version
Sounds like a great improvement over the old 600Mhz variant. I have no idea how well FS-UAE would run on this hardware. I don't have a Pandora, and currently I haven't really time/interest to port it anyway. But the source code is already available, and licensed under GPL2, so any developer can pick it up if he/she wishes.
Old 07 June 2012, 02:53   #29
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Sounds like a great improvement over the old 600Mhz variant. I have no idea how well FS-UAE would run on this hardware. I don't have a Pandora, and currently I haven't really time/interest to port it anyway. But the source code is already available, and licensed under GPL2, so any developer can pick it up if he/she wishes.
Thanks for your response Frodesolheim.I wasn't aware that it was open sourced.I have posted a thread about the source on the pandora forums.Cheers
Old 12 June 2012, 13:53   #30
yesplease

Launcher is nice now, like it very much. Very usable. Thank you Frode.
Old 15 June 2012, 19:54   #31
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
Launcher is nice now, like it very much. Very usable. Thank you Frode.
Thank you -It is quite useful already, but it will become better. and I have implemented CD32/CDTV support, and am now implementing support for HD images / mounted folders. I just haven't had time to make a new release lately, and it may be a little while longer before I'll be able to get an update out the door.
Old 15 June 2012, 20:51   #32
browniesrgut

Hi frode,

Is it possible to add drag'n drop support for at least the floppy sub-menu ?

Thank you for the great job !
Old 15 June 2012, 23:27   #33
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesrgut View Post
Hi frode,
Is it possible to add drag'n drop support for at least the floppy sub-menu ?
Thank you for the great job !
Hi, just to be clear, do you mean being able to drag files from a file manager over to a "floppy drive" in the launcher, and/or perhaps drag and drop multiple files onto the floppy list?

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 16 June 2012 at 01:14.
Old 16 June 2012, 11:17   #34
browniesrgut

Quote:
Hi, just to be clear, do you mean being able to drag files from a file manager over to a "floppy drive" in the launcher, and/or perhaps drag and drop multiple files onto the floppy list?
Hi Frode,

I think the best is to add drag'n drop to the "Multiple floppy list"... Speaking of which, how does the minus and plus buttons in that list work ? They're always greyed out.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by browniesrgut; 16 June 2012 at 16:03.
Old 16 June 2012, 14:01   #35
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesrgut View Post
Hi Frode,

I think the best is to add drag'n drop to the "Multiple floppy list"... Speaking of which, how does the minus and plus buttons in that list work ? They're always greyed out.

Thank a lot.
I'll probably do both - it is more efficient to drop files on the floppy selectors in the main window (don't have to open the dialog first). Something like this: If only one file is dropped on DF0, just select that file for DF0. If more than one file is dropped on DF0, select the first one for DF0 and put all files in the floppy swapping list (possibly also autofilling the other drives as the "Select Files..." function does).

The Plus/Minus buttons are not implemented yet, just placeholders serving as a reminder to myself. Also, the floppy list GUI element is currently just a non-editable text-field, but will be replaced with a proper list, and the plus/minus buttons will be used to add/remove elements.
Old 16 June 2012, 16:13   #36
browniesrgut

Thank you, Frode.

One More question : I'm a proud ubuntero since a long time, do you have any advice on how I could make working mixed isos (DATA + AUDIO) of my CD-32 games and which tool(s) I could use to easily backup those discs ?

I already have tried with brasero to make a bin+cue file but the audio is not played (I hear some loud trashy noise instead of the in-game music). I have tried a CD32 iso I've had on my pc for a long time (data + wave) but I get gaps (at least 2 seconds of silence) each time an audio track has to start playing : I think that's because of the WAV format which is not gapless (OGG and FLAC are).

Thank you for your great work !
Old 18 June 2012, 00:54   #37
smuj

I had the same problem (noise instead of music/sfx) trying to make bin/cue files of some old PS1 CDs. The one tool I found that worked was ImgBurn via wine.
Old 18 June 2012, 18:45   #38
nexusle
Banned

Hi Frode,

If I start a game in Launcher, some option from Host.fs-uae seems to be ignored. In my case, I set the Joystick for Port one to my USB Gamepad in Host.fs-uae

If I start a game from it's config file by double click, the right joystick is set. But if I start the game from Launcher, it is set to keyboard.

Maybe that this affects also to other options.
Old 19 June 2012, 13:55   #39
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Hi Frode,

If I start a game in Launcher, some option from Host.fs-uae seems to be ignored. In my case, I set the Joystick for Port one to my USB Gamepad in Host.fs-uae

If I start a game from it's config file by double click, the right joystick is set. But if I start the game from Launcher, it is set to keyboard.

Maybe that this affects also to other options.
The joystick option from Host.fs-uae is ignored because the launcher always specifically sets joystick port options (i.e. the launcher overrides settings from Host.fs-uae). Also, the launcher is not aware of Host.fs-uae, and later, when all settings can be set from the launcher, the launcher will prevent FS-UAE from reading Host.fs-uae.

But It should work if you choose the joystick device in the launcher's UI...
Old 24 June 2012, 10:21   #40
wilshy

Quote:
The launcher currently only scans the files with .rom extension. From the screenshots I see you have a couple with .rom extension. The launcher is currently very picky about the kickstarts it recognizes, so it requires a 100% match against a specific checksum.

(Cloanto kickstart ROMs are detected in a bit inflexible way -the launcher has a list of checksums for known Cloanto versions, but it should ideally rather decrypt the ROMs and run the checksum on the decrypted file instead).

On Mac, you can run shasum * in a terminal in the kickstart folder, and if you post the output here or send me the checksums, I can check a bit further.
Hi Frode, I'm getting the same on OS X. I've got the fs-uae.conf file pointing to the right directory. Here's the output from shasum :

90933936cce43ca9bc6bf375662c076b27e3c458 1_3.rom
c5839f5cb98a7a8947065c3ed2f14f5f42e334a1 2_0.ROM
70033828182fffc7ed106e5373a8b89dda76faa5 3_0.ROM
3b7f1493b27e212830f989f26ca76c02049f09ca 3_1.ROM

Obviously that gives you filenames as well to help.

Also as I've not been following the development of FS for a while, does the launcher look to the fs-uae.conf file for roms and floppy paths?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roms.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	31954