English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 December 2011, 23:52   #21
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Emulatron View Post
I have finished my game it is based on Deal or No Deal and was written for classic amigas

http://www..com/?6l5foull57ha9k3
Not bad, i went all the way and ended up winning $15000!
Old 24 December 2011, 08:59   #22
Ze Emulatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
Not bad, i went all the way and ended up winning $15000!
Not a bad score, if i get an offer of around $18,000 I usually take it.

There were a few things I wasn't happy with

Some of the text not being centered in the boxes

After you have selected a case and it marks off the selected case in a different color it doesn't color the inside of the 0's and 4's

I couldn't draw a a nice car for a player who picks the car case and doesn't take a bank offer, they get a bad picture of a car instead of the check

I also wanted to include some extras from the Aussie TV show like the Super Case but didn't try to get it to work.

Last edited by Ze Emulatron; 24 December 2011 at 09:20.
Old 24 December 2011, 09:18   #23
DeafDaz
Deafdaz

Just hada look under the Amiga Xmas Tree No amiga Game Making Compo games yet. Will check back later.
Old 24 December 2011, 11:46   #24
Cammy

Hello everyone. Thank you to those who have taken an interest and made an effort to enter this competition, but I apologise for not having the time to arrange any prizes or promote the competition any more throughout the last month. I feel if I had have had a chance to pay more attention to the competition we could have had a few more entries.

We've decided to extend the end-date of the competition to January 31st, to give anyone who hadn't noticed it before or those who hadn't yet finished a chance to get something entered, and it's a chance for those special guys who already finished their entries to go over them and add a bit more polish if they need to. Final judging will take into account those entries that were completed by the original end-date and bonus points will be awarded. All the rules are still the same, the competition is simply being extended by a month, since this year the entries aren't necessarily Christmas-related so I don't feel too bad about doing this, and the "festive season" continues into January anyway.

I am still working on the Amiga Christmas Tree website, and am updating it every few hours so keep checking back. I haven't had a chance to scour the net for new goodies to put on the page yet, but there's a little bit there, as well as a link to the competition rules page.

Check out http://amigachristmastree.ultimateamiga.co.uk for more details and Amiga goodies as I find them.
Old 24 December 2011, 13:40   #25
rockersuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
We've decided to extend the end-date of the competition to January 31st
Yay! That should be more than enough!
BTW, I've been talking endlessly about my copyright concerns but completely forgot about announcing here what my entry would be based upon. As suggested by one of the pics above It's going to be a text adventure, sort of an interactive fan-fiction, based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter Of Mars series of novels. The first books in the series are now public domain so a good disclaimer and avoiding the use of trademarked names in the title of the game (which I haven't decided yet) should theorically place me in the safe side of copyright issues (but you never know... )
A movie made by Dysney is about to be released somewhere around next march.

What kind of weird things are you doing for your entries? Right now I'm searching for a copyright free close up picture of a frog which I'll give some retouching and paint a row of teeth to have a working image of Woola the calot!

Happy game making to you all!

--
Old 24 December 2011, 14:44   #26
Dreedo

My PC's just died on me less than a day after i backed up my game making stuff (for both Amiga and PC) so that's lucky.

In middle of reinstalling Windows but don't know how well it'll go.

So this extension will help greatly if it isn't a smooth process, thanks.
Old 24 December 2011, 19:35   #27
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
I have finished my game it is based on Deal or No Deal and was written for classic amigas

http://www..com/?6l5foull57ha9k3
I picked bag #9 and won $200,000 on my first attempt! What luck eh!

It would be nice to be able to turn the speech off however!
Old 24 December 2011, 20:52   #28
Dreedo

Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 with a spare installation we had after my parents upgraded their lappies, and the PC appears to be fine, so must have been faulty Windows installation.

My game was finished, but i might as well add some more levels given the extra time.
Old 24 December 2011, 23:06   #29
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
I also wanted to include some extras from the Aussie TV show like the Super Case but didn't try to get it to work.
The other thing the game is missing is the models!
Old 25 December 2011, 00:12   #30
Graham Humphrey

At least you didn't base it on the British version - no digitised version of Noel Edmonds to contend with
Old 25 December 2011, 00:33   #31
Ze Emulatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
The other thing the game is missing is the models!
There isn't enough space on the screen, I am already using a non standard 320x260 window in AmigaBasic, also I can't draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I picked bag #9 and won $200,000 on my first attempt! What luck eh!
Better than me, I had been working on it / testing it for about 10 hours (before I released it) I realized that the cases always had the same values in them, I had either forgotten to put RANDOMIZE TIMER in or I had removed it for some reason (it was fixed for this version).

Only took me 10 hours to figure that out and I still hadn't picked the 200,000 case in that time.

Last edited by Ze Emulatron; 25 December 2011 at 00:43.
Old 02 February 2012, 09:39   #32
Cammy

Thank you to those who have made an entry for this competition. As there hasn't been much interest in this contest compared to previous years, I'm thinking of extending the competition deadline for another month. I was wondering if that would be enough time for anyone who haven't had a chance until now to join in? It'll give anyone who has already finished their game a chance to polish and finish it off too.

The theme for this current competition is this: Create an Amiga game adaption of the film, television or book franchise of your choice! The only exception is you cannot use the same franchise that has already been made into an Amiga game. If you're not sure, please check either Lemon Amiga or Hall of Light. This competition is open to ALL Amiga platforms too! Bonus points will be awarded to those who completed their games by the original end-date (December 31st).

There's more information about the competition on the Amiga Game-Making Competition Page - http://amigachristmastree.ultimateam...mpetition.html and don't forget to let me know which franchise you'll be basing your game on!

I know you can do it! Also please don't be afraid to try teaming up, it could only help your chances of winning.
Old 07 February 2012, 10:05   #33
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

I've been tinkering on and off with AMOS for a few months, and would love to take part. Unfortunately, at present my AMOS skills are too limited to produce anything of note.

I'm still chipping away at AMOS, so hopefully I'll be able to have a crack at the Christmas 2012 competition.