good so far, work on it 3 42.86%
bollocks, scrap it 2 28.57%
who cares 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 July 2006, 05:23   #21
Asle

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyp
hehe.. before i concentrate on anything anyone's said here..

Asle..

honest friend, no offense with "doesn't 'even' deal with hippel".. i apologise.
no offense taken, really .

Quote:
your work is fantastic and people who are using it will agree.

i see prowizard as a conversion tool for protracker formats, you must agree it's function is best used for this purpose.. and what i said there was because i think the comparison between the ripper i'm making and a tool that is most widely used for converting protracker-packers wasn't fair.. especially when told i should give up the thing to help work on someone else's project.
Well, my work is anything but fantastic. It's cheap C that should have been written by some real coder, which I'm not. And contrary to the common belief, I've recieved very few feedback overall. Not that I complain, mind . This tool was made for myself in the first place, so ... . And yes, it really is a converter.

Quote:
but you're absolutely right.. my program does nothing at the moment. i just need some of you guys here to tell me what i need to do to make it better for you to use.

*tips hat*
Not nothing, as it's obvious you've setup a powerful background, here. But, from my experiment, the serious thing begin now . This reminds me of the old MS-DOS MOD players or trackers. Some were very beautiful, with near perfect design. Just, might sound strange, the replay was very bad for a lot of them. I guess you're in the position of having the nice GUI (no kidding, it's real great). Now, there's the ripping code to write.
To that end, and if you wish to add PTK clones (with or without converting), please, feel free to use some parts of my own sources. That is if you're ready to read amateurish C .
There are also a couple of informations regarding various exotic formats here : http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/formats/
All compiled by Laurent Clevy (one of the few who did some feedback for Prowiz .

Keep in touch, as I'll gladly betatest any forthcoming version.
Sylvain

PS: there's _really_ a problem with truncated files . Take any Sidmon1 well formed file, remove a couple of bytes at the end and rip it .. you'll understand the pb .