English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 20 January 2005, 23:45   #21
MSC
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psygore
Do you know that you can not have screens on your amiga like the screenshots in HOL ?
Screenshots on HOL are made by the coder of the game... he doesn't use the same 3D routines... the first was not fast enough...
Eh?

So are you saying that the screenshots in HOL are not from the game ? If the pictures are not from the Amiga version, yet the author wrote the game on, and for the Amiga or are you saying these were early pics and the author decided the game ran too slow? There is a vast difference between the HOL pics and what i get.

Regardless of the 3d routine used the colours should be at worst only slightly different. The reason he states that the graphics would look worse on an RGB monitor is that every pixel can be clearly made out. Most Amiga games look "worse" as they look chunkier due to monitor clarity. A TV or composite image "smooths" these edges so you can compromise a little.

As i understand it, a TV or composite image sent from the amiga is the same as the RGB image, just with the colours all sent down one cable instead of individual signals.

Am i missing something? Or can anyone explain this better?

@KG
I also get the same colour problem KG. The screens you posted are exactly what i get in winuae.

Has anyone seen this game on a real 1200 or in Winuae looking like it does in HOL, or are the HOL pics the problem?

Last edited by MSC; 21 January 2005 at 00:11.
Old 22 January 2005, 20:16   #22
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Right...

an update... it's getting very close to the end of the month so the new pack should be out soon.

I now only need the following:

Summer Olympiad
Fantastic Voyage (Floppy version only, I have CDTV)

If anyone has these please get in touch! (or just upload to the zone )

I managed to get Explora 3 working fine so that will be in the latest pack.