English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 18 July 2006, 23:16   #21
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Sorry Andreas but you are still talking shit. I bet Demolition does NOT use track 80.

Just because WinUAE shows track 80 being accessed doesn't mean the game uses it or the disk holds any data there. Quite a few games have buggy loaders that step the heads too far. Often the extra block just gets wiped out by the screen buffers etc so there is no harm done.

Galahad and IFW have only backed up what I said. You have perpetuated this argument because I shot you down and you can't just accept that.

And Stardust is the only game I can think of off-hand that legitimately has data on tracks 80 and 81.
Old 18 July 2006, 23:34   #22
BippyM
Global Moderator

closed
Old 14 November 2006, 03:43   #23
HCF
Zone Friend

Thumbs down Extended ADF Some Comment

Unfortunately the thread has been closed, just wanted to add that anybody claiming track 80 protections do not exist is simply wrong. Kingsoft has used this protection scheme on most early releases for the Amiga. I am not affiliated with andreas but was shocked by the sheer ignorance and stupidity (not to forget lack of manners) displayed by some of the so called experts, you don't know shit (you CodeTapper) and should not post uninformed BS. Either KNOW what you are talking about or STFU.
Old 14 November 2006, 11:24   #24
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

If you re-read what I (and Galahad, and IFW) said, 99.9% of games do not use tracks 80 and above as they are unreliable. Most loaders that do go to 80 are from buggy code.

You are clearly a half-wit and a moron, and probably could not crack an egg let alone an Amiga game!
Old 14 November 2006, 13:18   #25
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
hello guys,

games like Iron lord, Final command, zombi, from ubi soft are using tracks 0 to 82.

if you image with rawread only, these games are reading up to protected track 80,81, 82.

if you image only tracks 0 to 80, the games crash with no other prosecution form.

i can even post final command extended adf so that you can see
Old 14 November 2006, 13:41   #26
HCF
Zone Friend

CodeTapper's one brain cell hard at work (directly from my inbox for everybody's entertainment): "You fucking lamer! You come on here like you know something...

What do you know about copying disks? Probably know more about shoving cucumbers up your arse than how to copy a game!

Lamer..."

Is that all that your elite skills allow you to do, write some pathetic insults when your intelligence fails to offer any alternatives? You must mistake me for your mother, I don't enjoy cucumbers up my ass or need shit from some childish cunt as yourself.

But before I stoop down on the same trailer trash level that you are apparently familiar with, you are wrong, plain and simple. Instead of simply admitting you are wrong, you insult everybody, write me 2 PMs just to show me how much of a self-esteem issue you have. It is not true that track 80 was a problem on the Amiga, plain and simple. Maybe spend less time knowing your vegetables and maybe know a bit more you talk about (and you really don't know much it seems).

Please numbnuts, don't waste my time by sending any more PMs that will just show how ignorant and dumb you are, I won't reply anyway.
Old 14 November 2006, 14:47   #27
Konrad

Although definetly not the nicest PM (if he really sent that, I don't know) please keep in mind that you started insulting him (see first post of this thread). It's clear that this forces an reaction, so live with it. Starting a thread full of insults is what I call childish and stupid. The next time you want to insult someone don't create a thread but tell him through PM (there you can learn from Codetapper). I'm getting sick of all those insulting threads lately...
Old 14 November 2006, 15:08   #28
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad
I'm getting sick of all those insulting threads lately..
I can't agree more.
Old 14 November 2006, 15:28   #29
Paul
RIP Friends

Thread closed.

Edit: I've merged this with other closed thread.

HCF please don't create any more new threads like this....