Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 April 2012, 07:36   #21
NovaCoder

It should be faster
Old 16 April 2012, 07:52   #22
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Good, I wasn't dreming then . Compared to the older Boom-release and yes it's slightly faster
Old 21 April 2012, 12:36   #23
utri007
mä vaan

Could you add support Doom2Blood or make you own port it to it? That way Boom would offer totally new game for amiga hobbyists?

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/doom-blo...s-phone/14315/
Old 03 May 2012, 17:40   #24
meckert

@ NovaCoder: Is there a chance of porting GLDoom to Amiga68k/Warp 3d ? 060+Voodoo III is more than capable to run this game ...
http://gldoom.sourceforge.net/
Old 04 May 2012, 01:30   #25
NovaCoder

Sorry but I only have very limited time for my Amiga ports and I'm currently working on Quake.
Old 04 May 2012, 01:33   #26
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by meckert View Post
@ NovaCoder: Is there a chance of porting GLDoom to Amiga68k/Warp 3d ? 060+Voodoo III is more than capable to run this game ...
http://gldoom.sourceforge.net/
Really? Under OS4.1 Classic and PPC @330mhz/Radeon 9250 my A1200 struggles to run it

I guess it may just be a bad port...
Old 04 May 2012, 08:10   #27
meckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Really? Under OS4.1 Classic and PPC @330mhz/Radeon 9250 my A1200 struggles to run it

I guess it may just be a bad port...
Probably a bad port. Quake in hardware mode runs smooth on my setup in 512x384x16 (I,ve got 060@75Mhz +VoodooIII), QII is also playable.

@NovaCoder: Cool that you're making new soft for 68k It would be also nice to have Rise Of The Triad 68 k( there is an os4 version). Mabe in the future ?
Old 07 May 2012, 23:36   #28
utri007
mä vaan

Blood

There is modifigation wich allows run Blood wad with doom engine, that would be nice. Blood is really good game with scary athmosphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_%28video_game%29

It migh not be true, but anyway build engine would be nice and playable even with AGA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Build_engine

AND it would allows games like, duke nukem, shadow warrior, witchaven 2, redneck rampage etc. tens of games.

There is already nice ports of doom and quake for 68k amigas, I do belive that you could do better, but do they offer anything new?

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Progra.../BUILD_Engine/
http://advsys.net/ken/build.htm

Sources are available
Old 11 May 2012, 21:54   #29
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
There seems to be a v2.02 version on aminet IIRC. What is changed in this latest version?
Old 12 May 2012, 07:48   #30
NovaCoder

Hiya,

Very minor change just tweaked the C2P and add some sanity checks around the CGX starup code, not worth down loading again if you already have it.
Old 12 May 2012, 09:40   #31
melbourneben!

Finally got a hard drive bigger than 40MB, time to check out Boom.
Old 19 May 2012, 22:12   #32
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

My 1200's are out of commission atm. In the mean time can some one please try out the pWAD file: Suspended In Dusk

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13851

and let me know how well it runs or if it locks up your system?

Thank you!
Old 20 May 2012, 11:13   #33
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
My 1200's are out of commission atm. In the mean time can some one please try out the pWAD file: Suspended In Dusk

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13851

and let me know how well it runs or if it locks up your system?

Thank you!
[ Show youtube player ]

Old 20 May 2012, 16:33   #34
fishyfish
Banned

@NovaCoder

I cant remember my amiga.org password so rather than going into the other room to jump on my Windows box to retrieve it from my hotmail account I thought Id respond here (only have my a1200 and amithlon boxes online in this room, so cant access hotmail).

I finally got Boom working, albiet a little quirky. The crash was caused by having sound enabled, which kind of makes sense now that I read it doesnt support ahi. I can hopefully use nuldehpah or similar, so that's not a problem. What is a bit of a prob. though is that it still only occupies the top half of the screen, and is squashed. Is there some way to select a screenmode, or will I have to mode promote it?
Old 20 May 2012, 22:14   #35
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
[ Show youtube player ]

Cool!!!! And thank you!!!

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to play further than you did in the video? The reason I ask is because up ahead in that map and the others, the map really pushes classic DOOM to the edge, and I was wondering if those parts of the map caused a crash. I.E. the crate suspended in air.

I know the old XBOX port of Vanilla DOOM could not load this at all (though the XBOX port of Odamex does), so the fact that your 1200 does in fact run it is a good sign indeed!

BTW, I didn't fully understand your accent, but did you refer to Suspended in Disk as a Total Conversion?

For those reading, it is a partial conversion, no new enemies or weapons are present, but here are new textures....

From the DOOM World review:

"Doom has recently turned 12, and it seems like only a couple years ago we were swapping shareware disks because "You have to play this game". In that time we've see almost everything there is to Doom: pacifist Map07, glass floors and ceilings, and the advent of powerful ports. Yet, from time to time, a map comes along that still blows me away. Espi's Suspended in Dusk is that map. If I had seen you playing Suspended in Dusk and you told me it was running on Doom2.exe, I would tell you to get out... probably to make me a sandwich. Espi has squeezed every last ounce of what the Doom engine is capable of to give us this masterpiece. Sliding doors, 3D spacecrafts, blown open walls, floating crates... this sounds like a checklist from a JDoom or ZDoom mapset, but you would be wrong to assume so. Suspended in Dusk's largest saving grace is the plethora of textures and new artwork. It's no surprise that a map by Espi would feature breathtaking visuals, but it's impressive just how well they mesh with the already available stock Doom textures. Creeping along platforms that appear to be "suspended in dusk" and rising above bottomless chasms with broken pipes hanging around you is an experience I cannot describe; you must experience this wad for yourself."
Old 20 May 2012, 22:17   #36
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
@NovaCoder

I cant remember my amiga.org password so rather than going into the other room to jump on my Windows box to retrieve it from my hotmail account I thought Id respond here (only have my a1200 and amithlon boxes online in this room, so cant access hotmail).

I finally got Boom working, albiet a little quirky. The crash was caused by having sound enabled, which kind of makes sense now that I read it doesnt support ahi. I can hopefully use nuldehpah or similar, so that's not a problem. What is a bit of a prob. though is that it still only occupies the top half of the screen, and is squashed. Is there some way to select a screenmode, or will I have to mode promote it?

If I'm not too tired from my bike ride today, I'll try BOOM again on my Amithlon Machine when I get home. I swear that last time I had a DOOM wad in the directory, though I think it was UDOOM.WAD which BOOM does not recognize without a name change. Maybe that's what the problem was.

Anyhow, I'll fire up nuldehpah (or related) and see if I can get sound going as well. Till my CPU Apollo board gets back to me, I won't be able to enjoy this on my real Amiga, though it does seem to run pretty well (aside of sound delays) in WinUAE (PUKE).
Old 21 May 2012, 04:05   #37
fishyfish
Banned

@XDelusion

Not sure if you noticed it, but there's a tooltype for specifying wad files used. At 1st I tried renaming them as well to get TC's and mods, etc. working, but then I noticed the tooltype option.

That Suspended In Dusk mod looks pretty decent for "normal" Doom, but am I alone in thinking it looks a bit like Breathless? Not a drastic difference between Doom and Breathless in looks at the best of times, but that screenshot looks pretty Breathless-ish to me.
Old 21 May 2012, 07:38   #38
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
Cool!!!! And thank you!!!

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to play further than you did in the video? The reason I ask is because up ahead in that map and the others, the map really pushes classic DOOM to the edge, and I was wondering if those parts of the map caused a crash. I.E. the crate suspended in air.
We played it for a bit longer and got to the crate bit, still seemed to run ok.

Now that I've got BOOM up and running nicely on my 060 I'm going to have to try some of these excellent DOOM WAD's.
Old 22 May 2012, 04:09   #39
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
We played it for a bit longer and got to the crate bit, still seemed to run ok.

Now that I've got BOOM up and running nicely on my 060 I'm going to have to try some of these excellent DOOM WAD's.
Great, thankx for checking!!!

Lost my job today, may not have my 1200's running any time soon, but I'll have plenty of time to tinker with this in Amithlon now.

Here's a map and megawad you may like. Both BOOM specific.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=9788

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15156
Old 22 May 2012, 05:48   #40
NovaCoder

Sorry to hear you lost your job....that sux.

I actually did another little video of that conversion further on (showing the crate etc), I'll try and upload it later today.

Here ya go -> [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by NovaCoder; 22 May 2012 at 06:33.