English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 04 May 2009, 20:24   #21
DH
Global Moderator

An e-mail has already been sent to the awesome pyramids on the net as Mellica, Metallion and Razmo seem to be in contact with him

Maybe someone will eventually shed some light onto this 16 year mystery and if I get any word back I'll post right back here

btw. Apparently the mod from the 2nd hidden part was ripped off the Desert Dream disk, which one I can't say, but then again, that's if it's true

Here's the info off the mod

Last edited by DH; 29 July 2009 at 13:55.
Old 04 May 2009, 20:32   #22
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
As Vention coded the hidden parts, can anyone contact him to see if he can rip the code off and create an .exe of it, if it is there.
Are you reading this thread? :P
Vention has the harddrive with the source but probably slept on it.
The mod was extracted from the disk because as -Vention said above-, the data for that hidden part IS in some form INSIDE the demo disks. But It was -deactivated- and -maybe overwritten-.

Sheesh guys, do read what has been posted before. All you need to do is poke Vention and see what he has done with his hard drive.
Old 04 May 2009, 20:39   #23
extralife

hey akira this thread is as old as the hidden part itself and we are all starting to sleep on it aswell anyways, i posted a mail to mellica aswell in danish, asking for some lifesign of vention too, this could be interesting if he showed up and would let people have a peek at what he slept on lol, who knows he might have more interesting stuff on that old harddrive of his
Old 04 May 2009, 20:45   #24
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Are you reading this thread? :P
Vention has the harddrive with the source but probably slept on it.
The mod was extracted from the disk because as -Vention said above-, the data for that hidden part IS in some form INSIDE the demo disks. But It was -deactivated- and -maybe overwritten-.

Sheesh guys, do read what has been posted before. All you need to do is poke Vention and see what he has done with his hard drive.
Yes I do Akira 'n' keep your hair on.

Vention does not speak for all of the many members of the Kefrens team, and I doubt he was the only one who had the code either. So maybe someone else has it and all I'm doing is trying other possibilities

You know Akira, I can do without someone making me look like a total idiot. Have you investigated anything before? You certainly don't rely on the first thing that you here. There also seems to be some uncertainty regarding this 2nd part, so if you want to help, then help, otherwise leave me to investigate it by myself
Old 05 May 2009, 01:04   #25
Amiga1992

I think you are just overlooking what has already been posted and am saving you valuable time, but if you want to reinvent the wheel, be my guest.

The hidden part will probably be pants anyway
Old 05 May 2009, 12:42   #26
DH
Global Moderator

Ok Akira, you win. I certainly don't want to reinvent the wheel I think it's just curiosity of mine that's getting the better of me and you're probably right that the 2nd hidden part may be pants, but hey, we'll never know so the mystery of the Pyramids will forever be a secret
Old 10 May 2009, 16:08   #27
extralife

all right demonhellraiser, this is ventions email adress, just got a mail from mellica confirming it, so go ahead and wake him up
martin_ja_gram@hotmail.com
Old 10 May 2009, 17:21   #28
DH
Global Moderator

Nice on extralife

Hope he doesn't mind me poking him about it but I think he has probably said everything we need to know about it here in this thread. Still it won't hurt to try

How the hell did you get a reply from mellica, he never replied to me Maybe you know him + you sent him an email in his native language, whereas I couldn't
Old 11 May 2009, 03:12   #29
extralife

I don't know him and let me tell u I was quite surprised when I checked my email
Old 16 May 2009, 16:21   #30
DH
Global Moderator

Well, Vention has replied

He's said he has not looked into it at all and all of his Amiga's are in fully working order. None of his machines are currently connected though, and Vention says he's not really in the mood to set them up

As mentioned earlier, he says:-
Quote:
I think the chances of ever getting the 2nd hidden part to run are slim to none. It's very likely that parts of it has been overwritten, as we kept working on the demo after we disabled the 2nd hidden part
I don't think I'll push him any more. It will be up to Vention to decide whether or not he wants to pursue this matter, and judging by what he has said so far, it'll be a long shot to find the code on the HDD anyway.

Many thanks go to Vention for his reply And maybe one day he *will* find the dream again

Edit: Now where's Akira to tell me I told you so

Last edited by DH; 16 May 2009 at 16:29.
Old 16 May 2009, 20:35   #31
Amiga1992

Right here, baby, right here!
Old 17 May 2009, 04:48   #32
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
I don't like the look of this at all. A HDD which probably all the still-working code data is buried on (the world's ONLY HDD with that sought-after source code found on), and Vention can't convince his inner self to give it a whirl at least.
Oh well. Life can be hard.

That aside, he did look so cooperative all those past months, so the actual problem might be that the thread was being asleep like Sleeping Beauty for too long.
Old 17 May 2009, 16:29   #33
DH
Global Moderator

@andreas
Probably Vention has s@#t loads of code etc.. on his HDD regarding demo's and stuff, so I can really understand his dilemma. You got to remember this was done 16/17 years ago and I don't blame him for not looking, especially if the code has no obvious link to DD, it'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack

We can only hope he may try one day and I'm sure he'll be in touch either to me, this thread or on the Kefrens main website if he's successful

So my advise to everyone regarding this matter, let's just sleep on it and wait and see
Old 17 May 2009, 16:40   #34
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
least we know hes still around and doing stuff, Never know in old age he might revsit he`s old code
Old 17 May 2009, 19:12   #35
extralife

well i would actually think it would be coolio if he someday found the time to backup all his code snippets and had them uploaded somewhere, like here for safe keeping i'm pretty sure "some" people would just loove to have a peek hehe
Old 23 May 2009, 06:37   #36
Rixa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
least we know hes still around and doing stuff, Never know in old age he might revsit he`s old code
By that time the hard disk will not spin up anymore though .. hope he has taken block level archival backups of it by now.
Old 24 May 2009, 06:59   #37
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
THAT is the problem. Preserve the stuff before it's too late (yes you C64 fans will know this from a similar slogan used by another project perhaps )
Old 24 May 2009, 11:06   #38
Rixa

Unfortunately even people who really should know better often ignore the importance of protecting their data against disk failure..
Old 24 May 2009, 22:29   #39
Amiga1992

Some people just dont' care about data.
To me, it is the most valuable aset.
Old 25 May 2009, 21:43   #40
Paul_s

Can we make a film about this?

Desert Dream - the lost code...
Putty Squad - give me those floppies or Morph gets it...

We could nuke Melon Designs with a big Melon from the sky (only kidding, I do like Melon's work too )

Last edited by Paul_s; 25 May 2009 at 21:55.