English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 05 November 2010, 20:54   #21
Photon

Spaceships in Frontier are fantasy, but selling slaves in Frontier is real? Just saying, save your concern for games that are concerning. I happen to think Elite and Frontier are perfect, even with (especially with?) the drug- and slave-selling (and blowing up cop ships), and I'll have none of your 'bad morals tsk tsk' attached to them!

I'm sorry if I made you feel insulted, I just thought it was a silly remark by you. But that doesn't make you happier I know, so I'm just making things worse, aren't I? Hehe. Difference in opinion. You've made yours clear, as have I. So.
Old 05 November 2010, 21:36   #22
skateblind
Village Idiot

Can you not have a discussion without being dick? All I wondered was if any other games had slavery in. I wasn't looking to talk about gaming morals until you posted that over-reaction.
Old 05 November 2010, 21:40   #23
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Eve Online

If you guys like this game you should give Eve a try. I was on a big Frontier kick until I started playing Eve. Now I am poor and have no time to spend with my family as I support my internet spaceships habit.

If anyone wants an extended trial as opposed to the short one you can get from their web site, let me know.
Old 06 November 2010, 01:30   #24
Anakirob
Unregistered User

I was hoping that someone would answer my question. but it seems it got overlooked because of an argument about the ethics of slavery in computer games, so I'll ask again.
Quote:
I tried getting into this game several times, but I had a problem with this game that always caused me to give up in frustration.

The target of an assassination is NEVER where they are supposed to be. I turn up early, hang around in orbit near the port the target is supposed to be at and watch carefully. No show! And then the next time I dock I have an angry client waiting for me.

Surely I have been doing something wrong, but have no idea what. Can anyone shed some light?
Old 06 November 2010, 09:39   #25
antonvaltaz

I haven't played it in a long time, but from memory, you have to buy a contraption for your ship which will give you info about your target, before you can do assassinations. I'm sure I remember doing assassinations successfully.

Also I remember that some versions of the game were quite buggy, so it might be worth hunting down an alternative version?
Old 06 November 2010, 14:37   #26
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateblind View Post
Can you not have a discussion without being dick? All I wondered was if any other games had slavery in. I wasn't looking to talk about gaming morals until you posted that over-reaction.
Bullshit exposed. Posted before me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateblind View Post
I am a veggie myself, but what I find most concerning is the fact that you can trade slaves. I wonder if there have been many games since that allow you to do that.
It is I who want to keep morals out of gaming discussions, if you do too then don't bring them to the table.

Sins of a Solar Empire might have slavery. Now I'd be happy to talk Frontier.
Old 06 November 2010, 15:24   #27
skateblind
Village Idiot

All I asked was if Slavery was used in any other games.

"Maybe they counted on that those who found it offensive would like, not play it!!"
I never said I found it offensive. I said I found it concerning, but I wasn't looking to talk about why that is until you started being a sarcastic and horrible.
Maybe those who do not want to talk about gaming morals would like, not talk about it!!
"It is I who want to keep morals out of gaming discussions, if you do too then don't bring them to the table."

You are the one who started going on about morals and so forth, then I merely continued the conversation. I am happy to talk about it, but apparently, although it is hard to believe, you want to keep morals out of gaming discussions. Umm, right....

ALL I WANTED TO KNOW WAS IF ANY OTHER GAMES HAD SLAVERY IN? If you had just left it alone, then none of this would have happened. You could have even answered the question if you really wanted to, but no, you had to be you.

BTW, Eve uses slavery has a theme/game mechanic.

Last edited by skateblind; 06 November 2010 at 15:30.
Old 06 November 2010, 15:26   #28
Graham Humphrey

Okay guys, I don't think this is really the thread for this sort of discussion in any case.
Old 06 November 2010, 16:52   #29
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Yeah its pretty pathetic guys. This isn't the playground you know! Lmao!

Anyway, another game which features slavery quite heavily is Colonization. Awesome game. Not quite as good as Civ though. In the game, slaves are given the more politically correct name of indentured servants. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servant

Last edited by Steve; 06 November 2010 at 18:33.