English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 October 2006, 13:55   #21
pbareges

hi !

would you agree to post your whole work to the zone so that we can enjoy it ? then we'll see if aminet can be a more durable solution...

thx again,

philippe

ps : what size for the whole compressed ?
Old 29 October 2006, 14:08   #22
mrodfr

hello,

LSD size decompressed is: 78.3 mo.
sprint size decompressed is: 19.3mo.
ALL decompresed: around 100 mo.

I have just compressed the LSD1 in lha as an example untill now. the problem is I have the smallest ADSL mean upload max: 16ko. It's why I would like to put only one time on AMINET.

hum, sure if I download at 16ko, in 2 hours of upload + some hours for making all lha for all. I prefer wait after aminet answer some more hours/days.
Old 29 October 2006, 14:38   #23
pbareges

ok i can understand that given your bandwith....i browsed your tool and i only have one word : it really IS GREAT!! and i'm sure more and more real amiga users will get interested in this...one last suggestion, in your 3 merged indexes, your first sorting criteria is LSD disk number...it's not that easy to browse when you're looking for a particular game... would it be possible for you to make an alphabetical order sorting including all disks instead of alphabetical order sorting within each disk separately...

thx again.

philippe.
Old 29 October 2006, 14:47   #24
mrodfr

I have found a tool for doing that with an amiga, cubicIDE. see next answers

Last edited by mrodfr; 29 October 2006 at 16:08.
Old 29 October 2006, 15:05   #25
pbareges

i agree with you, you don't have to change files structure...just sort the guide file...will try it myself, thanks
Old 29 October 2006, 15:40   #26
mrodfr

thinking and search on cubicIDE software and there is an option to do that. attached is an example for your pleasure.

I will made a better later because I need to switch off my amiga a little.
Attached Files
File Type: lha LSD-ALL-ALPHA-ORDER.lha (61.5 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by mrodfr; 29 October 2006 at 16:06.
Old 29 October 2006, 18:33   #27
pbareges

great! i also managed to do it but on the pc side....thanks to let us know when you post it to aminet!!! good luck!!
Old 06 November 2006, 12:32   #28
mrodfr

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
great! i also managed to do it but on the pc side....thanks to let us know when you post it to aminet!!! good luck!!
LSD1.lha on aminet (yesterday). next archives later (when I have free time mean some by day and more the week end). alphabetical guide for LSD disks done, must do the same for SPRINT soon (time needed: some minuts :-)

- would like to do the same with loon but strange crunched txt files, have you some suggestins for this problem ????

- others suggestions for others docs disks series ????

speedy answer at job just seen the LSD1 archive on aminet
Old 06 November 2006, 14:43   #29
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodfr
LSD1.lha on aminet (yesterday). next archives later (when I have free time mean some by day and more the week end). alphabetical guide for LSD disks done, must do the same for SPRINT soon (time needed: some minuts :-)

- would like to do the same with loon but strange crunched txt files, have you some suggestins for this problem ????

- others suggestions for others docs disks series ????

speedy answer at job just seen the LSD1 archive on aminet
ok sounds great ....waiting for the whole package!! i have no clue about LOON compression format...maybe someone else?...LSD disks seem the real reference to me...i don't know of any other doc disks serie....thx again!
Old 06 November 2006, 19:16   #30
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
ok sounds great ....waiting for the whole package!! i have no clue about LOON compression format...maybe someone else?...LSD disks seem the real reference to me...i don't know of any other doc disks serie....thx again!
LSD 2 to 9 is on the way. SPRINT are from LSD and look like the same (18 disks).

EDIT: LSD 2 TO 9 on aminet half an hour after sending to the aminet FTP !!!!! :-)

Last edited by mrodfr; 06 November 2006 at 20:13.
Old 11 November 2006, 13:46   #31
mrodfr

hello,

all disks and the main index guides for all LSD DOCS disks are on aminet.

all disks and the main index guides for all SPRINT DOCS disks are on aminet.

hope somebody will be happy with this work. apparently yes because 8 downloads this day :-)

aminet kill me by mail because I have removed the @ and . on my email adress but they don't show this caracters automatically on the aminet site and the problen is when a uploader don't put the @ or . on the .readme.

I'm verry sorry for that aminet, excuse me.

Last edited by mrodfr; 13 November 2006 at 15:44.
Old 14 November 2006, 19:43   #32
StrategyGamer
Total Chaos AGA is fun!

I would rather have them all in 1 big searchable archive.
Old 14 November 2006, 20:17   #33
mrodfr

hello,

you have the lsd or sprint-docs-disks archive with inside 3 or 4 index guide inside one drawer. (LSD-DOCS-DISKS).

you decompress this archive to your HD. you have one drawer with 3-4 guide inside.

after you decompress all docs disks (LSDXX or SPRINTXX) inside the same drawer.

you open the alphabetical guide and have access to all the disks and show or read the text with multiview or a real amiga setup.

I would like to keep the disk structure for the user who need just some LSD disks.

even if the download on aminet grow (aminet release a download counter the next day I finish to upload all), I have just receive 2 mails and one user here as feedback :-(
Old 14 November 2006, 21:43   #34
ppill
CON: artist

Quote:
I have just receive 2 mails and one user here as feedback :-(
Tremendous effort mate! I for one really appreciate it. It makes the life of every retro-amiga-maniac so much easier.
And yes, keep it up
Old 15 November 2006, 00:55   #35
Marcuz

despite what i said before, it's a commendable effort for sure! can someone host all of it in a big archive?
Old 15 November 2006, 07:10   #36
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
despite what i said before, it's a commendable effort for sure! can someone host all of it in a big archive?
As I have written, you can do what you want with my work.

sure downloading around 80 archives is boring but like that all are happy (for users who want to have just some). sorry strategyGamer.

if someone would take all, decompact on his computer, make big archive for all and host somewhere, no problems. I can't because I have the smallest adsl connexion available because not near my NRA :-( and I haven't host for that.

if someone would like to take all or some datas and add on a good retrogaming amiga site I visit sometime, this work is made for that.

With a verry great help :-), I will made also loon docs disks in the futur (I think during the next two months).

thanks for the feedback ppill :-)

And don't forget to reduce your CO2 emission (mostly on USA).
Old 15 November 2006, 16:50   #37
pbareges

you already know what i think. To say it once again won't hurt anybody i guess: your achievement is one of the best amiga projects completed this year for real amiga users. thanks again!!
Old 23 November 2006, 12:32   #38
mrodfr

hello,

After LSD and SPRINT DOCS DISKS an aminet and after LOON DOCS DISKS (Not made but soon), I would like to do SCIENCE 451 DOCS DISKS to amigaguide.

- I search after SCIENCE 451 DOCS DISKS 1-2-3-4-5-7-17+ if exist. thanks in advance.

- I search also after a link for downloading LSD UTILITY DISK 1 to 149 I think (unfortunately BTTR not work).

on:

http://hipooniosamigasite.ath.cx/hip...oads/index.php

there is 889 docs disks available here:

http://hipooniosamigasite.ath.cx/hip...ontent/?id=104

I'm now a registered user but can't download something with Ibrowse with my amiga and with the PC at job. if you have some idea for this problem, I will be verry happy or know another place with lots of docs diks for example.

thanks for the help.
Old 26 December 2006, 16:40   #39
mrodfr

hello,

I have just uploaded on aminet LOON disks 1 to 12. maybe available tomorow (thanks for codetapper's help for this small project .

I have also made SCIENCE 451 and GAME DOCS DISKS (from Postman Man) because all the name are good.

I have also made MA disks and this time put all in one drawer because files have good names and not compacted this time (mean much less files on each disks).

all will be soon available on aminet in next days

Now, there is no excuse to found a manual for a game or a manual for a game to add with a whdload install

I now stop making docs disks to amigaguide because IMHO now there is more than enough datas (game manual mainly) for most of the game on the amiga IMHO.

Maybe I do the same for programming datas (thre is plenty of TOSEC).

Hope this work will be usefull to amiga users
Old 26 December 2006, 18:37   #40
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Maybe I do the same for programming datas (thre is plenty of TOSEC).
Excellent idea