English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 October 2008, 00:19   #21
Ed Cruse

I too ran into a AGA problem with b2. With NTSC and PAL the screen turns to garbage if more then 16 colors, with Productivity mode if more then 4.

I used A4000, 68040, 3.1 rom, 2mb chip, 8mb fast, configuration quick start. Booted to Standard 3.1 WorkBench floppy. Screenshot and logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip info.zip (310.3 KB, 378 views)
Old 11 October 2008, 16:57   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1530b3.zip

Beta 3:

- fixed AGA display corruption (hopefully all cases..)
- POTxDAT behavior in output mode fixed
Old 11 October 2008, 18:58   #23
Dunny

It appears that 1.5.2 and above have this issue with my machine. As per the beta posting rules, I shall make a new thread about it.

D.
Old 11 October 2008, 19:07   #24
Marcuz

i don't see any problem so far in my normal use.
the RTG to classic modes doesn't produce corruptions, the screen positions are ok;
everything i tested was ok, the Windows' flashin when you switch DirectX modes is bearable.

just a strange thing happened to me once, and i could not reproduce it (when i enabled logs and tryed again, it did not happened)

I've started ClassicWB os3.9 bare, RTG (config attached) FULLSCREEN;
i've started a classicWB game (New Zealand Story) with non rtg mode set to FULLSCREEN; NO filters on.

(note that the settings above are the only ones that differ from the config attached)

the display was centered on the lower left corner of the monitor, the sizes doubled, one horizontal line on and the other off.

i opened the GUI, checked on the directX filter with the default settings, switched back to the emu: the screen was all right now.

so i switched the filters off, and the screen stayed right.

when i reset the emulation and tryed again, as i said, i could not reproduce this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip - ClassicWB_OS39_P96.zip (3.8 KB, 345 views)
Old 11 October 2008, 21:13   #25
Thom87
LameUser

Hi Toni.

Beta 3 not changing anything for me, screen is still not centered, only I can tell is that color garbages are fixed. Tested with quick start A1200 + WB 3.0.

Thomas
Old 11 October 2008, 21:20   #26
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi Thom87,

check if you have set offsets for the filter. Maybe you just need to readjust these
Old 11 October 2008, 21:34   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom87 View Post
Hi Toni.

Beta 3 not changing anything for me, screen is still not centered, only I can tell is that color garbages are fixed. Tested with quick start A1200 + WB 3.0.
All modes or only doublescan modes?

EDIT: never mind. http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip should fix it.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 11 October 2008 at 21:47.
Old 11 October 2008, 22:20   #28
Thom87
LameUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
All modes or only doublescan modes?

EDIT: never mind. http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip should fix it.
Yes, now is fixed. I checked PAL, DBLPAL, Multiscan in 4 and 256 colors.

Thomas
Old 12 October 2008, 16:15   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1530b4.zip

Beta 4:

- midline resolution support changed again (should be "good enough" now, better compatibility requires bigger changes and boring logic analyzer testing)
- centering was very broken in some cases (b2)
- only accept openal32.dll 6.14.357.22 or newer. (fixes possible crash at startup)
- missing sprites in some programs fixed, for example Leander and Battle Squadron (b2)
- added descriptions to file associations, fall back to user-specific (instead of system-wide) file associations if no admin privileges (was broken in Vista)
- added "Associate file extensions"-button to Paths-panel. Adds following extensions: .uae, .adf, .ipf, .dms, .uss. Removal not yet possible (it gets really tricky if other programs use same extensions and there is no API for adding or removing associations, only way is to access registry directly.. believe it or not.) Automatic .uae association removed. Better GUI in future. Maybe.
Old 12 October 2008, 16:35   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
- added "Associate file extensions"-button to Paths-panel. Adds following extensions: .uae, .adf, .ipf, .dms, .uss. Removal not yet possible (it gets really tricky if other programs use same extensions and there is no API for adding or removing associations, only way is to access registry directly.. believe it or not.) Automatic .uae association removed. Better GUI in future. Maybe.
Woah, really nice feature Toni Double click on a .uss and play right away Thank you very much
Old 12 October 2008, 16:40   #31
Marcuz

tested, (but the file association thing that i prefer not), no problem found.
Old 12 October 2008, 16:47   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
tested, (but the file association thing that i prefer not), no problem found.
I know, I don't really like them either, thats why I only added most common disk image types. New association-panel with lots of checkboxes is probably needed..
Old 24 October 2008, 18:53   #33
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1530b5.zip (also attached to this post)

Beta 5:

- moved file extension stuff to half-empty priority panel, replaced button with list and added (de)associate all buttons. Extension command line visible and editable? Perhaps later..
- Improved emulation of reads from write-only custom register after some boring real Amiga testing.. (still not exactly right) S.E.X by Fantasys works now. (does MOVE.L INTREQ,D0 when it should have been MOVE.W INTREQR,D0.. This only worked accidentally)
- EDIT: forget about this one, there seems to be much better way to do this.. [Picasso96 vblank wait implemented without busy waiting. Was in pre 1.5.0 but busy waited, was "lost" when RTG was rewritte]
- sometimes first vertical blank interrupt was missed when loading statefile if statefile was created when blitter was active

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 17 February 2009 at 19:58.
Old 24 October 2008, 22:32   #34
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Thanks so much!
Save-state is perfect now. Maybe this also fixes some other issues with "fast-action games".
Old 24 October 2008, 22:52   #35
Thom87
LameUser

Quote:
- moved file extension stuff to half-empty priority panel, replaced button with list and added (de)associate all buttons. Extension command line visible and editable? Perhaps later..
I can not say that it works for me. I just tried click "Associate All" button later I selected all * beside extensions and when the button but nothing was happend. Not associates at all. Tested with Vista 32 bit with SP1.

Last edited by Thom87; 09 November 2008 at 11:56.
Old 24 October 2008, 23:00   #36
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Hmm. AFAIK, associating extensions in Vista is a chapter of its own and not as simple as in 2000/XP. I guess it's a Vista-only issue and will work flawlessly on XP.

[edit] found some interesting info which describes the issue in more detail ...

link1
link2
link3

That should do for now.

Last edited by andreas; 24 October 2008 at 23:08.
Old 25 October 2008, 11:51   #37
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom87 View Post
I can not say that it works for me. I just tried click "Associate All" button later I selected all * beside extensions and when the button but nothing was happend. Not associates at all. Tested with Vista 32 bit with SP1.
All-buttons are borken.

Quote:
Hmm. AFAIK, associating extensions in Vista is a chapter of its own and not as simple as in 2000/XP. I guess it's a Vista-only issue and will work flawlessly on XP.
There should be nothing different except you need to be admin if you want system-wide associations, without admin they are only associated to single user.
Old 26 October 2008, 12:14   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1530b6.zip

Beta 6:

- Picasso96 vblank rewritten again, now uses build-in Picasso96 vblank hardware interrupt support. It really works now, WaitTOF() does not waste CPU time anymore
- added Picasso96 vblank rate configuration in GUI. Chipset = RTG vblank is same as chipset refresh rate (same as in previous versions) Real = real host-side refresh rate. <value> = refresh rate. Currently this only affects vertical blank waiting functions
- "Associate all"-button didn't work
- fullscreen to another fullscreen resolution switch on non-primary display could have frozen emulation in some cases
- statefile-configuration parameter also sets default statefile path
- 150b23 "disk write does not start if wordsync is enabled" was not exactly right, disk write works normally if wordsync is enabled and previous read detected wordsync. Internal "Wordsync detected" flag apparently only gets reset when disk read is started. Kick Off 2 save, most likely many other programs too..
Old 26 October 2008, 14:07   #39
Marcuz

granted, i have tested only the normal use i do of Winuae (classicWB, RTG > whdload playing) and not the "associate all" or other less common perks, but it seems very stable and very quick, in particular in the various switches between different resolutions and filters, RTG and native, fullscreen and windowed.

also, the low resolution problem that i reported with the previous beta and the 15.2 release is gone with this one!
and i have just tested again in those version and reproduced it, so this new version does indeed a great job in the graphic part! thanks
Old 26 October 2008, 14:10   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
also, the low resolution problem that i reported with the previous beta and the 15.2 release is gone with this one!
Right, fullscreen switch fix in b6 could also fix this problem, fix description is wrong