English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 26 May 2002, 12:52   #21
Ryan_clemens
Gold Member

New options

A recap and a few new options I wouldn't mind seeing in the future

My Ideas

Automatic resolution change option, If the screen will fit entirely in a lower resolution say 640x480 or 640x400 then winuae could change down to make the picture fill more of the screen and can go up resolutions also if more detailed graphics appear.

Having the memory dump, dump only what is being used in memory not the entire memory contents,
can free memory be identified so it is not included in the dump?

Having the select a disk image box either open up in the directory where you disk images already assigned are located, or if no images are assigned - to open in the directory specified in the options such as d:\adf Games\

Also one other option I thought would be good as I was changing all my configs was why not have the configs just point to the adf files. see at the moment the config file tells it everything cpu, rom, adf's etc why not have master config files with rom, cpu, sound display etc and have smaller configs that just say use the ECS 1.3 rom master config and insert these floppies with that master config. That way if you what to change a certain config all you have to do is change one file the master config not every single game config that uses your ECS 1.4 rom config. this would also create less space used on the hdd (not much) but since nearly every amiga game for the A500 uses the same config why not just have 1 config instead of 100's all saying the same thing except what files to load?

Others Peoples Ideas

Having virtual floppies like the picture sent to the thread options
pressing CTRL F12 Key then ctrl F1 key again to assign virtual floppy disk 12 to df0 for example, hopefully nobody presses ALT instead of CTRL with disk 11 oops reboot. maybe an option for a window to popup if this accidently happens would be good.. (are you sure you wish to close winuae? Yes No)

Also that experts tab mentioned in another thread would be great, maybe ALT + or ALT - to speed up the adf speed with 2x 4x or 8x written beside the led lights with the one selected highlighted in green the rest in grey or something. but only shown if the use experts tab box is clicked, so nobody goes hey what do these numbers mean at the bottom of the screen?

Now combine these options with whats coming in the next release
and ooooooooooooooo Nice

Cool ya?

Last edited by Ryan_clemens; 26 May 2002 at 13:02.
Old 14 January 2004, 09:38   #22
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Someone please move this thread to UAE Wishlist - thanks.
Old 14 January 2004, 09:48   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Moved.

Some comments:

Amiga config from host config will be separated
"Multifloppy" will be implemented
Resolution: I think I have explained this too many times already
Old 14 January 2004, 11:09   #24
Drake1009

How will the multifloppy work then? Something along the line of you still having to pop up a GUI? Or is it going to be implemented that you hold down a button (unassigned of course) and press one of the F keys (F1-F12) whereafter winUAE removes the current disk in DF0 and inserts the disk from your pre-defined list of up to 12 images? Seeing as how most games are below 12 disks in size, and how games are usually labelled 1-x or a-z you wouldn't have a problem remembering that when it says "please insert disk 5" you could press for example PgDown+F5 and it would switch DF0 to the disk you specified in slot 5.

Sort of like ryan's initial idea, only with an unassigned key instead shift, no need for it to be looking for a disk request and a larger list of disks to chose from.
Old 14 January 2004, 16:19   #25
mtb

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
a mod ripper, like winfellow
I don't remember exactly how to reach it ( i am now using mainly linux with uae experimental ), but if you select debug somewhere in the gui there are functions to rip mods like in winfellow.

I think that from the prompt you have to write help and then look at the commands.

Anyway last time i checked there was a problem ( don't remember what anyway ).
Old 18 January 2004, 12:26   #26
Feltzkrone

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Or better yet, ExoticRipper.
I remember having made a Windows-based ripper for amiga music and have implemented 42 formats so far. As a plain ripper is easy to implement (in the way of programming it, no mess around with tons of data) I could continue that project and make a DLL build (as I'm not able to code in C++ this should be the way).

WinUAE could make use of that DLL. So this is for Toni: If you have some spare time we might speak about the interface of that DLL, things which you should provide in WinUAE and things which I should provide in the DLL.

Basically I would need access to the emulated memory range and access to (audio) registers would be helpful in case a game/prog uses a replay routine which uses a seperated samples memory area instead of having a normal linear MOD file residing in memory as one piece.
Old 18 January 2004, 13:07   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Feltzkrone: good idea.

I am not going to add some crap music ripper that does only recognise some old soundtracker modules..

No ripper: I get suggestions/complaints about missing ripper.

Bad ripper: I get suggestions/complaints about implementing better ripper