English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 11 October 2010, 12:22   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I would have said it would be ok, but a colleague here says it depends on the pull-ups and pull-downs on the board.

If in doubt, don't do it.
I agree,

@Amigafun, swap them around on the reader.
The pins should pop out easy using a small screw driver.
Old 11 October 2010, 22:37   #22
AmigaFun

@FOL.
Hi ya, so in this case then looking at the photo's of the manual, the 'D' wires need changing round to match the adapter cable I have?

Update, I have seen conflicting pinouts for USB headers whilst looking on Google, just confused again now! However, I did read that some chargers short the data pins together, so working on that theory, I am guessing that it probably won't do any harm to the Deneb and/or the card reader, if the data lines are the wrong way. Does the Deneb conform entirly to the USB standard? (I suppose it must do)

@Alexh

Thanks for your input on this, but as I have said to FOL, Google has thrown me into confusion again!

Last edited by AmigaFun; 11 October 2010 at 23:57. Reason: update
Old 12 October 2010, 00:34   #23
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFun View Post
@FOL.
Hi ya, so in this case then looking at the photo's of the manual, the 'D' wires need changing round to match the adapter cable I have?

Update, I have seen conflicting pinouts for USB headers whilst looking on Google, just confused again now! However, I did read that some chargers short the data pins together, so working on that theory, I am guessing that it probably won't do any harm to the Deneb and/or the card reader, if the data lines are the wrong way. Does the Deneb conform entirly to the USB standard? (I suppose it must do)

@Alexh

Thanks for your input on this, but as I have said to FOL, Google has thrown me into confusion again!
More to the point, your reader does'nt conform, . I have never come across any connection where the Data pins were reversed.
Thats akasa for you, .
Old 12 October 2010, 05:26   #24
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
as long as you have the pin outs for the deneb and make sure D+ gose to d+ and same with D- it will work Shirley heheh

if you are really worried it is just one usb port not to use for the time being

but all things being equal I would swap the 2 data pins around, probably just need a small screw driver or needle to pop the tab up

Bloody strange that though I`m going look at some of my pc Mobo manuals see if any have usb wired like that

good to see you have learned your lesson about standard components, always pays to check