English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 19 August 2017, 02:21   #21
Daedalus

The Amiga's RGB is always centred slightly off due to the sync timing being slightly different for composite / RF. Most TVs and monitors centre it fine but some have trouble, and adaptors tend to offer less flexibility than TVs themselves. For Workbench and system-friendly applications, use the Overscan prefs to drag the screen corners as close as you can to the actual screen borders. Many games will shift the graphics to the right anyway so hopefully they'll be fine too.

If not however, see if there are any adjustments on the adaptor. My Panasonic G10 plasma had a similar issue over SCART. It has a hidden service menu that I was able to use to adjust the horizontal position of SCART input and that fixed the problem. Such adjustments would have to be at the adaptor point in your setup however. As a last resort, something to introduce a tiny delay into the Hsync will fix it, but such a device is probably expensive if it exists...
Old 19 August 2017, 06:31   #22
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestyx View Post
If anyone has suggestions on how to adjust the centering of the picture coming from the Amiga, I'd appreciate the help.
Check out this post:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=297
Old 20 August 2017, 02:49   #23
idrougge

You can adjust the Workbench screen's position through Overscan prefs. Unfortunately, that doesn't affect any games.
Old 20 August 2017, 04:36   #24
majestyx

idrougge - I had thought of that, but then I remembered that's only for Workbench

demolition - the A4000 has some jumpers that I'm not sure of what they do:

- J500: Sync on green disabled/enabled
- J501: LISA sync (2-3 closed is the only setting it lists, which is Default)
- J502: DAC syncs on green/uses standard signal

Would changing these make any difference?
Old 20 August 2017, 10:16   #25
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestyx View Post
The good news is that it does indeed work. That said, the problem I'm having is that the Amiga screen is shifted way over to the left.

UPDATE: Gotta say I'm quite happy with my $26 purchase and the long wait to have it delivered from China. I was expecting to be disappointed and other than this little quirk, I'm very pleased.
Phew! Glad you got it sorted. I would hate to have someone buy something based on my recommendation and not be happy with it. This little box certainty isn't perfect, but it is a great bang for the buck. I think someone else recently had the same issue as you and they fixed it by using a different monitor. The exact link I ordered my box from says they are out of stock, so who knows if people are getting the same one I have - probably not. I bought mine at least 2 years ago. Like you said yours has newer firmware.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted and are happy. My next frontier is to get an Open Source Scan Converter. They look great and I have heard really good things about them.