English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 December 2015, 19:58   #21
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
community that supports pretty much anything.
Thats it And it could encourage more Amigans to try something similar in the future, if this succeed. There is a financial potential.
Old 10 December 2015, 19:59   #22
Amiten
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for eloquently replying to my post
AKIRA what you expect me to answer ? to discuss with you because you do not like the game ? I think there respectfully opinions of all kinds and should be respected . that simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Thats it And it could encourage more Amigans to try something similar in the future, if this succeed. There is a financial potential.
Thanks!! and Totally agree with you Predseda

Last edited by TCD; 10 December 2015 at 20:04. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:03   #23
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
You never managed to finish or release any of your "projects" before ("X-Wars"? "RUN PUFF"? "Amivania"? "Parallel Worlds"?) yet suddenly you will finish this one if you get 4000 Euros?
Hey Akira I think 4000€ is a good reason to finish a project. He also takes some responsability with the Kickstart. He hasn't cheat anybody in the past either.

The same way that you take your risk supporting him, he also takes a bigger one launching the kickstart campaign.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:03   #24
Amiga1992

Amiten: I didn't say anything about the game. I am talking about your "campaign". People have shown you interest and support in your past projects yet you never delivered anything. I'm questioning, as always, your attitude.

Good job on erasing all the text from your past threads pertaining all your past "projects" I mentioned, though. Except for this particular one that looks very familiar: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=78524

Quote:
Obviously the "community" has absolutely no regards for quality, making the Amiga look worse than a ZX Spectrum.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:07   #25
s2325
Zone Friend

I don't like mixed style of graphics but it may be personal taste. Good luck.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:16   #26
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It is true that he has started some projects that he hasn't finished, but he was making them by his own. Now it's a group of people working on it, and now he has a date to release it and a kickstarter project with people to satisfy.

As I understand it, a kickstart project is a contract. I don't know what rules or laws does it have though.

All of the best, mate. I hope everything will be a success !

Edit: Oh, I forgot to tell that your team recently won 1st place in a gaming conquest...

And also... maybe it won't be the best game, although I'm sure they will try to satisfy all of the requests. But at the same time if the kickstart is successful then it can be also an incentive for some other people to decide to develop a new Amiga game for 68k.

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 December 2015 at 20:33.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:25   #27
Amiten
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
It is true that he has started some projects that he hasn't finished, but he was making them by his own. Now it's a group of people working on it, and now he has a date to release it and a kickstarter project with people to satisfy.

As I understand it, a kickstart project is a contract. I don't know what rules or laws does it have though.

All of the best, mate. I hope everything will be a success !

Edit: Oh, I forgot to tell that your team recently won 1st place in a gaming conquest...
thanks for your king words Retrofan !!!
Old 10 December 2015, 20:25   #28
Amiga1992

Quote:
Quote:
Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.
Also the link I posted above also mentions another occurrence of a team effort that was never finished, actually, it was a tutorial that was turned into this "new" game posted on this thread. Just stating facts here and making a criticism, ultimately, on the general attitude of the Amiga "community" towards supporting whatever that has the "Amiga" name slapped on it, regardless of output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by written on Facebook by Johnny Acevedo, September 29
El Sueño de Rowan - New Classic Amiga Game - Coming Soon - By Amiten Software Inc. - December 2015.
we are pleased to announce the development of a new game for the Amiga Classic , that will be released in December this year. The game is part of a course of Amos professional taught online through youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_...SpvHCNw6lPNkQA . We hope your views and feedback.
the Team of Amiten Software Inc & Amicom TV
Can you explain how this was to be ready this month (said by yourself), but now you say release is October 2016 in your Kickstarter page?

Last edited by Amiga1992; 10 December 2015 at 20:40.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:41   #29
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I financially supported Moebius Goatlizzard, Sqrxz, both Gotluths, Alien Fish Finger, EAB forum and there is no reason why I would not support this as well. And yes Akira, you are right: BECAUSE OF AMIGA. I really appreciate all the effort, even if the final product is not top notch and comparable to other ones. And I will keep supporting similar products in future, if I have some money left.

I am also not sure about quality of Dream of Rowan, there is a lot that I would change if it would be my game, but it is Amiten's game and I am glad he is here in this thread and listens to what people tell him. I would contribute with advice or suggestion rather than with criticism, that is contra productive in this case. And now I stop my discussion about this.
Old 10 December 2015, 20:45   #30
Amiten
Banned

Quote:
I financially supported Moebius Goatlizzard, Sqrxz, both Gotluths, Alien Fish Finger, EAB forum and there is no reason why I would not support this as well. And yes Akira, you are right: BECAUSE OF AMIGA. I really appreciate all the effort, even if the final product is not top notch and comparable to other ones. And I will keep supporting similar products in future, if I have some money left.

I am also not sure about quality of Dream of Rowan, there is a lot that I would change if it would be my game, but it is Amiten's game and I am glad he is here in this thread and listens to what people tell him. I would contribute with advice or suggestion rather than with criticism, that is contra productive in this case. And now I stop my discussion about this.

Totally agree with you again Predseda (not for support Rowan) its the aptitude all Amigans must have for let this Party Boing!
Old 10 December 2015, 21:01   #31
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Old 10 December 2015, 21:05   #32
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Offtopic, TCD, but will you be wearing your Christmas suit -Avatar- this year? I like it

And also... when the EAB snowing image with the snowman will appear?
Old 10 December 2015, 21:05   #33
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira View Post
you never managed to finish or release any of your "projects" before ("x-wars"? "run puff"? "amivania"? "parallel worlds"?) yet suddenly you will finish this one if you get 4000 euros?

Your "budget breakdown" is just a 3d rendered pie chart with no actual data on it. Your "timetable" has no times on it. The text on the kickstarter page is awfully hard to read which won't help your campaign.
You fail to address why anyone should contribute to it. Just because it's an amiga game? Unfortunately, that seems to work in this community that supports pretty much anything.

A lot of people in this scene have managed to produce and release professional level software for years and in many cases absolutely for free. If you want people to give you money you should up your game and do things professionally. Look at viddi's projects as a good example on how to release a home made game independently. Even though i don't like backbone i respect his hard work on his games and his support is well deserved (and he has a track record of actually releasing stuff).
+1!
Old 10 December 2015, 21:35   #34
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Offtopic, TCD, but will you be wearing your Christmas suit -Avatar- this year? I like it
Hmm, I'll have to search for it... stay tuned

Quote:
And also... when the EAB snowing image with the snowman will appear?
Please bump the thread so that RCK sees it: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=2308
Old 11 December 2015, 00:16   #35
idrougge

http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com
Old 11 December 2015, 11:46   #36
appnjoy
Amiga lover

I regulary developed in AMOS + AMAL in the past, but most of time wasn't very happy about the result as i moved to C + ASM.

Anyway, wish you luck with your project! and i hope to see a gameplay demo
Old 11 December 2015, 12:55   #37
aszu

Quote:

Obviously the "community" has absolutely no regards for quality, making the Amiga look worse than a ZX Spectrum.
Could not agree more. Although i appreciate all efforts, with ALL BACKBONE games (like ToG ) and this one we make laughing stock out of ourselves.

Before someone will tell me to do something, actually we do. But we don't want to publish it until we have proper playable demo. 32 colors as well.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 December 2015, 13:55   #38
appnjoy
Amiga lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu View Post
Could not agree more. Although i appreciate all efforts, with ALL BACKBONE games (like ToG ) and this one we make laughing stock out of ourselves.

Before someone will tell me to do something, actually we do. But we don't want to publish it until we have proper playable demo. 32 colors as well.

[ Show youtube player ]
Promising very good

Woow, it was awhile i didn't hear those joystick sounds
Old 11 December 2015, 14:28   #39
Apollo

@Akira:
No, you're not the only one thinking about the quality in this way. But usually I refrain from commenting on such topics. It doesn't change anything ....

In general I wish people would make announcements if they actually have something to show (not pre-drawn or mocked up stuff ...). On the other hand, its everyone's own choice if he wants to spend on such a kickstarter project.
Old 12 December 2015, 13:12   #40
spud

I watched the video and thought some of it looked OK. Some of the sprites looked pretty nice. Ditto the comments already regarding the jumping routine ;-)

I wish you all the best with your project, hope you see this one through to completion.