English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 11 October 2006, 07:51   #21
keropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodfr
- yellow, black, black, red must have a floppy drive power cable ????
yes, just plug there a floppy power cable, it will give power to the umon so it will work, you have not given it power and that is why u are only stuck to 1 input and cannot change to the other...
also plug on the other 2 pins the black/red cable , and enjoy! when u power the switch the light will be yellow, and when u change inputs it will get orange...
also don't bother with the 2 keyboard connectors on the black switch. Eyetech used to make a 1200 keyboard adapter, the EZKEY XS . the XS model had 2 pins there, where u could plug the black/red cable and use the blank keys on the 1200 keyboard to change inputs (it replaces that way the switch we have on the 5.25 faceplate)...
if u get an EZKEY XS , it will work with the switch (and it allows PROPER simultaneous keystrokes...)
Old 11 October 2006, 12:14   #22
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi
yes, just plug there a floppy power cable, it will give power to the umon so it will work, you have not given it power and that is why u are only stuck to 1 input and cannot change to the other...
the problem I don't understand is the floppy power cable:

- the power floppy cable had two extremity (like all cables). one extremity is on the umon switch on the four pins. and the other extremity of the floppy power cable. where must I fit on the tower ?????

thanks for your help.
Old 11 October 2006, 12:19   #23
keropi

I don't get your question... think the switch as a floppy drive and give it power... how would you power a floppy drive? just plug the power to the switch...
Old 11 October 2006, 12:31   #24
mrodfr

Quote:
I don't get your question... think the switch as a floppy drive and give it power... how would you power a floppy drive? just plug the power to the switch...
I have not another floppy cable cable who came with umon when buying one month ago.

on my dbox1200, from the on/off switch in front of the tower arrive 2 cables:

- first is a two pins and go to the reset on the motherboard.
- second is a tree pins who arrive on a four pins connector on the motherboard (near the floppy drive connector on the a1200 motherboard).

just near is a connector for a cable who arrive on the floppy drive for the power of the floppy drive (with a white plastic connector).

I think thre is no more cables on the dbox.

I don't know the source inside the tower I must take to put the fours pins cables and take the other extremity of this cable to put on the 4 pins of the switch.

hope now I'm clear in english ???? or
Old 11 October 2006, 12:41   #25
keropi

just think of it as a floppy drive. take a floppy power connector from the psu and connect it there...
Old 11 October 2006, 13:05   #26
mrodfr

Quote:
just think of it as a floppy drive. take a floppy power connector from the psu and connect it there...
I will check this end of day the output of the power supply of the dbox but I can't think It's possible. there is big 4 pins for HD-CD and small for fans but I don't know if the small for fans could work directly on the four pins of the switch ????

don't remember well because I'm at job Yes, I know It's no serious but It's a special case

where you have taken the power for this 4 pins, inside your tower, for the 4 pins switch of the cmon/dmon ???

thanks for all your answers and suport, keropi
Old 11 October 2006, 13:17   #27
keropi

I think u still don't understand it... just use one output from the psu that is for floppy drives.... all psu's have small plugs for floppy drives...
if u only have one floppy power connector, u need a Y cable like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	y-power-cable.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	12243  
Old 11 October 2006, 14:47   #28
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Hi, I also have a BMON/RTG switch and Bvision. How would i set this up? I think i can install the SD/FF no problem, but i think i will have trouble connecting the SD/FF to the BMON and RTG switch. I see 1 connector at the front of the BMON and 2 at the back, i take it that one is for AGA and the other is for RTG. I would like to know which one goes into what (left or right) and also which way they should go as i heard that the cables could overheat. Do the cables coming from the RTG switch connect to PSU?

Last edited by CU_AMiGA; 11 October 2006 at 15:23. Reason: correction
Old 11 October 2006, 15:45   #29
keropi

oh, why are u so confused???
tomorrow, when I get back to my amiga, I will take pictures of the setup so you understand how to connect it... wait until tomorrow
Old 11 October 2006, 16:00   #30
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Hi keropi

That would be bloody bloody good yeah! I have this in a desktop setup but i have one of they super PSU with them cables coming out for FDD/CDs etc. I will have a peak tonight and see what happens.

Regards,
Old 11 October 2006, 20:28   #31
mrodfr

Quote:
I think u still don't understand it... just use one output from the psu that is for floppy drives.... all psu's have small plugs for floppy drives...
if u only have one floppy power connector, u need a Y cable like this:
hello,

It's OK, I have understand all. the killed solution was to show me a picture.

I have first bad idea like the power is made by the video signal or don't imagine It's necessary to power on a switch ????

OK. take a power cable from the power supply. this power cable have 4 cables yellow,black,black, red and connect the same on the switch (for powered on the switch). fit the black and red cable on the swith and on the switcher to send the power to the umon itself and all work fine after.

Yes, I understand nothing about electricity, It's a fact . I'm CAD engeneer that mean mecanic is no problem for me but not electricity. :-)

verry big thanks for your great help, keropi

I put all really on my amiga next week and give my point of view for this hardware. maybe ask you some advices to put the switch near the keyboard.
Old 11 October 2006, 20:43   #32
keropi

I figured out how this work, I wanted to put it on the keyboard too (but abandoned the idea, because of recent discovery of a way to make the Multimedia&Design switch to be automatic...)
the operation is very simple. the switch only uses +5V and Ground signals from the power plug. if there is no power then it just outputs the 1st signal. when u flip the switch, u actually send +5V to the switch and it "clicks" and shows the 2nd signal. all u need is a little switch to mount on the keyboard and a place to steal +5V (because u can't have a psu connector on the keyboard, lol)
Old 12 October 2006, 07:51   #33
keropi

here are the promised pics, I used alewi's 4000 mobo to demonstrate...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Im001795.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	12254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Im001797.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	12255  
Old 12 October 2006, 15:51   #34
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Hey Yo!

Many thanks for that keropi, i followed your pics exactly and now i have a fully working BMON with AGA - SD/FF and BVision displays via a push of a button! : Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,
Old 12 October 2006, 15:58   #35
keropi

nice
enjoy!
Old 12 October 2006, 16:12   #36
CU_AMiGA
Banned

hhhmmm yeah now all i need is to buy that clockport riser and get someone to drill some holes for me in the a1200 plastic casing and then my A1200ppc project is completed.

regards
Old 15 October 2006, 15:37   #37
mrodfr

hello,

I have tried, this morning, to fit the umon hardware of migakit on my dbox tower.

unfortunately, the piece of plastic to cover a 5.25 " bay is little too small and also don't fit well on a 5.25" bay of a dbox.

if you move the interuptor 2-3 time, the plastic allready move too much.

for sure, I could myself make some hole on the original plastic who cover a 5.25' dbox's bay but I don't want to do that.

maybe next week, I will make 2 holes on the SD/FF piece of stell who support the aga output and put the interruptor on and don't care if I must use a little my arm to use the interruptor.

a question: I would like to know if I could use an adaptator like to one for 80x80 fans for connecting with 3 cables or 2 cables (red and black) on the 4 power connector ????

to bad that amigakit don't provide a way to have an interruptor on a cable who could be near the keyboard (like a mouse but with an interruptor at the end).
Old 14 November 2006, 02:51   #38
Brass
Zone Friend

Wondering whats in the little black box

Has anyone opened one of these things I'd be interested to take a squiz inside.
Old 15 November 2006, 16:35   #39
zipper

Innards ob Bmon/SMon

This, principally 3 switches - which may develop contact problems; I have unloaded them, polished the contacts and put them together again. Magnifier needed! And it began to work better after that!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0843sm.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	12470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0844sm.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	12471  
Old 15 November 2006, 16:47   #40
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Hey Yo!

Mine come with just the inards intact, although i have the plastic casing. Strange, cos the pins on mine (that connects to Blizzardvision) look a bit fucked up to say the least. One of the pins appear to be broke or something. It works but i wonder sometimes. I will upload pics when i get home later.