Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 May 2021, 06:00   #21
fehmi

just doesn’t look feasable to make a port -

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1236241&postcount=3
Old 04 May 2021, 14:30   #22
jotd
This cat is no more

It's not feasible to port using SDL. It is doable but by rewriting everything graphics & sound to adapt to the amiga.

Those ports are pretty difficult to do. I ported my own Bagman game from SDL to SDL interface + blitter (a layer I designed myself) and the speed is better but not great (but I'm not using Bartman's gcc 10 tools)
Old 04 May 2021, 22:25   #23
kamelito
Zone Friend

Flashback 2 is in production and will launch in 2022 on consoles and PC. Stay tuned for more information.

Flashback 2 est en développement et sera disponible en 2022 sur consoles et PC. Plus d'informations prochainement !
Old 15 September 2023, 18:20   #24
anrymarchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehmi View Post
Edit 2: Amiga mod files are neither used nor needed with the Mac version - music plays during the cut scenes without any additional files. However, Sega CD speech file works just fine.
Hi, I dumped the *.rsrc and binary from the *.sit archive using Universal Extractor but got a very different result. Flashback Mac works, but there's no music, and no main menu. Main menu is just a list pf levels now with direct selection of any level (which for some maybe even good, but not the result I'm looking for). REminiscence version 0.4.9. And another strangeness. The Bin file. When I dumped it, it had no extension in the filename, so I had to rename it manually. If i add it to /data folder along with rsrc files, REminiscence crashes. If I leave it in REminiscence folder, it starts just like I described above. And, actually I can even remove it completely from the folder. Nothing changes then. Flashback works but in a strange way, but nothing helps to run it normally. Can you please share both assets again?