English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 21 September 2003, 22:17   #21
fiath

Okay Mache, we'll put it up if you help us. After all, it is in our interest so we know we have complete releases.

There are only two problems that I can see.

1) The information will be populated slowly. We may put it up for the games released. Or... perhaps we could have a separate database with this information that also holds the ID's for those released.

2) We need to decided how we are going to present it.

Lets discuss it here before we start it.
Old 22 September 2003, 12:48   #22
fiath

Okay, we are discussing it by mail. If anybody is interested - perhaps you have suggestions - and wants to join our little discussion, please post here.

So far we are thinking along the lines of a "collectors DB" that has no info other than what came with the games.
Old 22 September 2003, 20:02   #23
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Mache
As a collector I can't say that I get too excited by warranty cards, but whatever turns you on I'm sure I would be safe in saying that the great majority of HOL users wouldn't care to know if warranty cards were included with a game. I imagine the story is somewhat different for other game contents, though.

Walker was correct in his assertion. HOL is primarily focused on game info., and inclusion of info. re: game contents is not a high priority at present. Currently, game credits, DBS's and screenshots, box scans, and a few other areas are high HOL priorities. However, these priority areas do not prevent us from including game content info. (along with other info. that doesn't fit into the other categories) in the Notes section if time, energy, resources, and knowledge allow us to.

@Fiath
Thanks m8 for making Mache a happy man If CAPS wants to contribute any of the game content info. to HOL, then that'd be great and CAPS and its contributors will be duly credited as per usual.
Old 23 September 2003, 00:14   #24
fiath

Any info or resources used in CAPS can used in HOL. No need to ask.

We are thinking of a separate database right now since what is in a game does not map very well with our current release DB, where we have more than on release of the same game.

We did have another idea, which I would like to see some feedback on - I'll post separately.
Old 23 September 2003, 09:42   #25
Mache

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBong
@Fiath
Thanks m8 for making Mache a happy man If CAPS wants to contribute any of the game content info. to HOL, then that'd be great and CAPS and its contributors will be duly credited as per usual.
Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
Any info or resources used in CAPS can used in HOL. No need to ask.
i am not sure. if the db will be included into caps, it might be ok. but i am building a standalone db more likely. if the hol rips all info i gather, it would make my db pretty much useless!

the reason i want to build this db is because you (hol-members) said it would be better to keep game info and box content separately. so we should keep it that way.

it would be very cool if you read this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11355
if we had this portal, the hol could have a link to it in their notes field. there you could find a link to my contents db and many others. it would be perfect, because you only need one link for each game and there wouldn't be broken links (if the portal db is always updated).