English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 22 February 2022, 10:20   #21
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskogen View Post
Wow! This looks great! How did you do that? What themes etc?
the usual, birdie, visualprefs, modified and merged some images from various sources to better suit me, added a lot of varied PNG icons.
Old 22 February 2022, 11:09   #22
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDOS View Post
Here's my collection.
Very nice! Where are those available for download? And which iconset did you use?
Old 24 February 2022, 13:58   #23
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
the usual, birdie, visualprefs, modified and merged some images from various sources to better suit me, added a lot of varied PNG icons.
Hm, I just noticed something in your screenshot. Maybe I have missed something, but where can I get the GUI for UHC?
Old 24 February 2022, 14:36   #24
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Kryten2x4b View Post
Hm, I just noticed something in your screenshot. Maybe I have missed something, but where can I get the GUI for UHC?
made it myself, its a work in progress, try a version here, no certainty ittl work properly, lemme know if something goes (and probably will) wrong.

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=109949

should be self apparant how it works after playing with it for a bit, "recent files" dowsnt work for all download sites, a message should appear far bottom stating the fact for those download sites.

i was kinda hoping someone far more competant woulda made a gui years ago tbh, surprised there arent already tons of frontends for UHC considering how useful it is.

heres an oldish video of me playing around with it in its current form.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 18 September 2022 at 20:59.
Old 24 February 2022, 15:30   #25
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Lovely, will try it ASAP. I had never heard of UHC Tools until I saw it in your desktop screenshot. It looks like it's a very useful tool, I guess it was never that "popular" with the vast majority of users because of its lack of a GUI. Hopefully your frontend will change that
Old 24 February 2022, 15:38   #26
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Lovely, will try it ASAP. I had never heard of UHC Tools until I saw it in your desktop screenshot. It looks like it's a very useful tool, I guess it was never that "popular" with the vast majority of users because of its lack of a GUI. Hopefully your frontend will change that
UHC is certainly an essential tool imho, makes getting software and other things a breeze, which is why i was so amazed at the lack of frontends, or maybe there are some and i just havent found them.

Just remember to install uhc tools fully, as UHC not being installed correctly will mean the executables wont have paths set for the GUI to function correctly.

Patrik Axelsson / David Eriksson's UHC found here for those that havent used it yet, https://aminet.net/package/util/misc/UHCTools
Old 24 February 2022, 15:41   #27
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkahraman View Post
AmigaOS 3.2.1 with OS4 Dual PNG icons. (Emulation)
I noticed that you use "NewMeter" on OS 3.2, do you have problems with font colors after running the Plaette program ? I attach link where I explained the problem !

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1020
Old 24 February 2022, 18:20   #28
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Where is the option in VisualPrefs to change the titlebar gfx?
Old 24 February 2022, 18:54   #29
AMIGASYSTEM

If you talk about the graphic part see screenshot !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 09 March 2022 at 08:53.
Old 25 February 2022, 00:40   #30
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
made it myself, its a work in progress, try a version here, no certainty ittl work properly, lemme know if something goes (and probably will) wrong.

https://ufile.io/3gsjqz5x
Thanks! And something did go wrong...UHC itself works fine since, for example, aminetrecent and whdrecent gives me the list of recent files.

But when I try to use the recent uploads button in your utility I just get a "cent stopped, error code 10".

Not hard to figure out why since I have no executable with that name, but no idea where to find it.
Old 25 February 2022, 00:55   #31
Channel-Z

Quote:
Very nice! Where are those available for download? And which iconset did you use?
I published these RTG theme packs on Aminet. Does not include the icons they are from CoffinOS https://aminet.net/package/pix/theme/BNumsRTGPack
Old 25 February 2022, 08:13   #32
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
I published these RTG theme packs on Aminet. Does not include the icons they are from CoffinOS https://aminet.net/package/pix/theme/BNumsRTGPack
Nice, thought as much as the names were the same. It didn't have the picture folder in the archive though. I really wanted to have a preview of what the themes looked like before installing them

Any chance of uploading the pics somewhere? Thanks!
Old 25 February 2022, 11:08   #33
Channel-Z

Quote:
Nice, thought as much as the names were the same. It didn't have the picture folder in the archive though. I really wanted to have a preview of what the themes looked like before installing them

Any chance of uploading the pics somewhere? Thanks!
In the Archive "BThemes/Pictures/xxxxx.png" if you copied the BThemes folder into your SYS:Prefs/Presets/BThemes/Pictures/....
Old 25 February 2022, 11:21   #34
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Kryten2x4b View Post
Thanks! And something did go wrong...UHC itself works fine since, for example, aminetrecent and whdrecent gives me the list of recent files.

But when I try to use the recent uploads button in your utility I just get a "cent stopped, error code 10".

Not hard to figure out why since I have no executable with that name, but no idea where to find it.
should work out of the bag with uhc installed correctly, uhc should have added something to your user-startup to set everything up?

Code:
;BEGIN UHC
  IF EXISTS "${UHCBIN}UHC-Startup"
    Execute "${UHCBIN}UHC-Startup"
  ENDIF
;END UHC
the UHC-Startup should add UHC: and the path required to access the executables the GUI uses?
Old 25 February 2022, 12:06   #35
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Code:
;BEGIN UHC
  IF EXISTS "${UHCBIN}UHC-Startup"
    Execute "${UHCBIN}UHC-Startup"
  ENDIF
;END UHC
the UHC-Startup should add UHC: and the path required to access the executables the GUI uses?
That's how it looks like in user-startup, yes.

And if I type path in a shell I do see that uhc:s and uhc:c are in the path. I'll do some more digging...
Old 25 February 2022, 12:55   #36
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
In the Archive "BThemes/Pictures/xxxxx.png" if you copied the BThemes folder into your SYS:Prefs/Presets/BThemes/Pictures/....
Weird, pretty sure I looked for them... I will redownload the archive to be sure. Thanks.
Old 27 February 2022, 09:56   #37
AMIGASYSTEM

@ DisasterIncarna

Hi, I wanted to test your UHC GUI on AROS 68k, everything works perfectly, there is only one problem that does not allow its use.

In practice the file UHCSEARCH.TXT remains empty, nothing is written in the file.
The strange thing is that the UHCSEARCH.TXT file does not seem to be a text file, if I try to manually insert a text in the UHCSEARCH.TXT file, the Text Editor denies saving it with a strange error.

Question: who generates the UHCSEARCH.TXT file ?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 09 March 2022 at 08:53.
Old 27 February 2022, 11:22   #38
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
@ DisasterIncarna

Hi, I wanted to test your UHC GUI on AROS 68k, everything works perfectly, there is only one problem that does not allow its use.

In practice the file UHCSEARCH.TXT remains empty, nothing is written in the file.
The strange thing is that the UHCSEARCH.TXT file does not seem to be a text file, if I try to manually insert a text in the UHCSEARCH.TXT file, the Text Editor denies saving it with a strange error.

Question: who generates the UHCSEARCH.TXT file ?
the GUI first uses that file to store the output from the standard amiga "Assign" command to detect UHC has a correct assign set, then after that all the many/various UHC cli commands (the commands in UHC:S) have their output redirected to that file so the GUI can read the output and parse it for its own use.

for example, if you click "RECENT UPLOADS" with "AMINET" selected, then the command "UHC:S/aminetrecent >RAM:T/UHCSEARCH.TXT" is executed then the GUI opens that text file and reads all the entries inside.
Old 27 February 2022, 11:57   #39
AMIGASYSTEM

If I click on "RECENT UPLOADS" with "AMINET" selected, nella T: the "aminetrecent" file is created correctly and includes the list of recent Aminet archives.

The problem is only on the UHCSEARCH.TXT file which is empty and nothing can be written in it.

AROS 68k uses its own version of Assign !
Old 27 February 2022, 12:05   #40
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If I click on "RECENT UPLOADS" with "AMINET" selected, nella T: the "aminetrecent" file is created correctly and includes the list of recent Aminet archives.

The problem is only on the UHCSEARCH.TXT file which is empty and nothing can be written in it.

AROS 68k uses its own version of Assign !
no idea whats breaking this then, the output from any/all uhc commands just gets redirected to a text file with > RAM:T/UHCSEARCH.TXT, that "should" be basic cli stuff, try running it manually?

aminetrecent > ram:T/UHCSEARCH.TXT

^ thats all click recent with aminet selected does, no other magic involved, just basics, that should dump all the text output from that command into the text file, zero clues why it doesnt, never used Aros before.