English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 27 April 2011, 16:44   #21
OverDose
Lover of teh classic

Yeah, eBay is not so friendly to use. They think they know better than you do. Makes it hard when you search for unusual things.
There is a worldwide search which will show results where the seller has said they will ship to your registered address (the address you have given ebay as your shipping address).
There is also an advanced search to show all items worldwide even if the seller hasn't listed your country as a ship to location. Many years past, I used to sniff out Amiga bargains in the UK and Germany and then contact the seller to ask if they would post to Australia, usually (9/10) they said yes.
Also, there are options to search in descriptions. Sellers are not always putting the relevant details in the title.
If you have much time to waste, just search scsi and go through the listings. Easier now because most listing have a picture. Believe it or not I used to regularly go through all Amiga listings worldwide (I think a few hundred new every day).
Also, you can buy a whole computer system and take out the parts you need. Sometimes this is cheaper.
Old 27 April 2011, 21:58   #22
Eamoe
Stunt Car Racer Vet

Hey mate, very interesting tips here, thanks a lot.

I also like to contact the seller directly and usually ask if there are any unlisted items for sale. But I definitely need to watch out for these search options.