English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 August 2004, 16:04   #21
EmuChicken

HAHAHHAHAA! I'm pretty drunk - but sooo remember the MI1 bit with the idol n feet ... hahaha!
Old 01 September 2004, 11:24   #22
ptrchiappe

Send a message via AIM to ptrchiappe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Npl
Indy 3 was pretty annoying - at the first test you had to click a specific spot to get through the blades.
That's where the "diary" included in the box came in useful: there was a drawing which hinted the spot with enough accuracy to pass it at second try maximum.

And by reading all the informations that "Indy's father" had collected, you could choose the right cup at first try.
Old 01 September 2004, 12:36   #23
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrchiappe
That's where the "diary" included in the box came in useful: there was a drawing which hinted the spot with enough accuracy to pass it at second try maximum.

And by reading all the informations that "Indy's father" had collected, you could choose the right cup at first try.
maybe so, but if you looked at the picture of the grail in the castle. You had to choose that one
Old 01 September 2004, 13:39   #24
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

I enjoyed Indy 3's puzzles taking the occasional twist though-eg:getting the orders/gate pass signed by hitler instead of the grail diary(ala the movie) thus allowing a fight-free passage of escape from the border guards.

Far more enoyable than the pixel perfect precision of Operation Stealth's arcade sequences-the maze & shark sections drove me nuts!
Old 01 September 2004, 15:19   #25
EmuChicken

talking about indy jones- how did you beat that stupid boxing champion in the last crusade (the one in the blimp - I think?) he was impossible!
Old 01 September 2004, 18:06   #26
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

You have to fill a cup with beer and give it to him. After that, he's easy to beat
Old 04 September 2004, 17:28   #27
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

I recall that trick in the castle working,(using the trophy full of beer to make the really large guard grunt be knocked out in virtually one punch), but my memory cells are quite fuzzy regarding the blimp.
I do recall something about managing to sabotage the radio wireless, & Indy using a key to open access to a maze (2D overhead), section whilst using Henry Jones Sr. as distraction to enable Indy to do all this,(& then escape together). But always got stuck in the maze fighting it out rather than finding the escape route-I think supposedly to a plane.
Old 05 September 2004, 06:28   #28
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus
I never finished Dreamweb - bought it for the PC on budget re-release, so no manual, but did have notes on the CD sleeve (eg, the PIN for your apartment).
Got stuck somewhere so downloaded a walkthrough.
Got to a point with a PIN-locked door, the walkthrough said "Thanks to (whoever) for cracking the game, you don't need to know the PIN"
I have all the pins (Or at least the ones you need to finish the game) noted here. If you want them, PM me and I'll search for them and PM you with the numbers.
Old 05 September 2004, 12:01   #29
StarEye
Zone Friend

I really loved that diary that came with the game... I know a guy who just read that diary, he never cared for the game, but he loved the diary.

"Diary of a (mad?)man"
Old 06 September 2004, 00:50   #30
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I only heard about the Dreamweb diary, as I also had a pirated version

All the pins you need to open the doors can BE FOUND IN THE GAME btw ... I can't understand why a crack would remove it. Maybe it's also in the manual, I dunno... but you I've found all the numbers I needed to finish the game IN the game.
Old 06 September 2004, 02:28   #31
StarEye
Zone Friend

I didn't know they could be found in the game. I never found any, except the ones that I'm really supposed to find out myself. Other than that, my apartment code and such was written in the diary.
Old 08 August 2008, 08:57   #32
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

In Airball items must be collected to win the game. One of these items is a cross, which only appears in a new game at the place where you died in the last game!

I don't believe that there is any way around this. You have to start a game, get killed, start a new game, then collect the cross.

This is terrible logic for a game since it requires an illogical leap outside the gameplay world. If you've collected all the other items and are searching for the cross you essentially have to start again.
Old 08 August 2008, 10:15   #33
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
In Airball items must be collected to win the game. One of these items is a cross, which only appears in a new game at the place where you died in the last game!

I don't believe that there is any way around this. You have to start a game, get killed, start a new game, then collect the cross.

This is terrible logic for a game since it requires an illogical leap outside the gameplay world. If you've collected all the other items and are searching for the cross you essentially have to start again.
Not a cracking error perchance? Sounds very obscure that one!
Old 08 August 2008, 10:36   #34
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Try it with a WHDLoad or IPF version - the cross appears when you die.
Old 08 August 2008, 12:55   #35
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
My kind of thread. Let's see...

-Using a monkey as a monkey wrench in Monkey Island 2
-Convincing George Washington to chop up a tree by painting a Kumquat tree so that it looks like a cherry tree in order to free Laverne in the future in Day of the Tentacle
-Gradually undressing Patti to use her clothes as objects in Leisure Suit Larry 3
-Defeating the dragon in Uninvited
Old 08 August 2008, 14:13   #36
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I remember being seriously pissed off by Alone in the Dark 3. One illogical puzzle after another. I remember one where you fall down a trap door and you are choking to death, and you had to use a hangmans rope or something to stop it. Either that or you had to use something that had nothing to do with choking at all. What I do know is that I stopped playing after that.
Old 05 September 2008, 02:12   #37
capehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Not a cracking error perchance? Sounds very obscure that one!

I've played Airball a lot and I never thought it was that illogical. Just die in the opening room and that part of the puzzle is solved in the next game! It doesn't take long to realise where the cross is (considering how easy it is to die in that game).

Anyone have a map for this game?