English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 05 September 2002, 23:03   #21
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I have to agree. It's one thing to be helpful to newbies asking for help, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Complete disregard for reading rules or getting a feel for an environment is something that will get you flamed. This is a fact of the internet. If you haven't learned this by now, it's high time you did. You don't kiss the ass of every bum on the street who begs you for money, so why do so online? Sincerity overrides immaturity and greed.

If I were to do the same as these people and get flamed for it, I would feel I deserved it and go back to read the rules. It has happened to me before in usenet (ie, making requests in binary groups). I felt bad after the flames, but those flaming me were right. This is our home on the net. In our real homes, the bums who do the begging do so on the streets - not in our living rooms. Whilst this forum is open to the public, unlike our living rooms, there are still rules here. It's hardly asking too much to read said rules. If one chooses to ignore the words IMPORTANT - READ ME FIRST, then they should be prepared for the grilling that follows. Every act has a consequence.
Old 06 September 2002, 03:00   #22
Jim

You get assholes on the street, you get assholes on the forums.

Just do what you do with the bums on the street - ignore them.

I'm not stating that speedo20012001 is an asshole, in fact I'm not excatly sure what he has done to feel the wrath of this thread around his neck.

He's just new here, he made a mistake, we all make mistakes from time to time. It's the one's who continue to make the mistakes (e.g. Superfrog9/MarzAttackz) that should be dealt with, not the new guy.

There's far too many hassles, arguing, bitching and fighting in real life. I like coming here to escape back to my childhood years when the Amiga ruled and all I ever talked was Amiga ! It would also be nice to escape from the crappy things we get everyday.

Old 19 September 2002, 16:28   #23
Unregistered

Thumbs down

nobody actually replied to the first post... hahahaha wat a shitty board this is! i thought this was the new to emulation board.

Old 19 September 2002, 16:56   #24
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
nobody actually replied to the first post
Ermmm...I did
Old 19 September 2002, 17:08   #25
oldpx

Quote:
i thought this was the new to emulation board.
I don't have enough experience in english language to understand this sentence, will you care to explain?

Old 19 September 2002, 18:53   #26
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Punctuation is highly overrated!
Old 19 September 2002, 18:58   #27
Jim

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
nobody actually replied to the first post... hahahaha wat a shitty board this is! i thought this was the new to emulation board.
You can't even spell "what". You write it as "wat". Now you are either a crap typer, a thicko, Marz or just some other twat

Either way - I have your IP address and I am coming to get ya !

Don't throw insults in here, unless you have a face.

Old 19 September 2002, 21:06   #28
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Paul helped you but... You are twat and cannot read properly.
So...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Either way - I have your IP address and I am coming to get ya !
Even if this guy IS a twat, this is not tolerated at the EAB. I hope you do _NOTHING_ with that IP address or anything. Ya hear me