English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 June 2006, 10:49   #21
onkelarie

There is an amiga emulator for DOS, but I am not sure whether it's still being supported, I think it's called Fellow. I do recommend winUAE though, since that versions of UAE has the biggest support. That version does need winXP to run, yeah...

You can check out http://www.winuae.net/ for the latest version (if you haven't already done so) and http://www.lemonamiga.com/ for some extensive flashbacks to those old amiga games

As for what winUAE can do, it's better to ask what it can't do. You can make infinite profiles in winUAE so you can have limitless amiga versions. Since winUAE also emulates harddisks (by setting up its own hardfile format) you can have an unlimited amount of harddisks as well and thus make numerous amiga versions on one single PC.

I still use certain applications on the Amiga, like Dpaint and Octamed (even MIDI support for hardware synths works, it's just great!!), all in the comfortable environment of a single winXP machine. Another great advantage is that all the converted amiga disks (.ADF files, and there are litterally thousands of them) are all on the same PC as well. You still need to do floppy switching, but only on your screen

winUAE even can run as a CD32 machine, if you still remember that gameconsole.

EDIT: I just checked winuae.net and now notice that they have a utility out called ADFread which can read ADF files!!:P That's awesome!

Last edited by onkelarie; 24 June 2006 at 10:55.
Old 01 September 2020, 10:39   #22
vokri

someone to copy from my amiga diskettes to pc and email?

Hi everybody,

I have two amiga 500 diskettes containing several notepad short stories written around 1990's. I don't have the technology to do the job myself, so I can send you the actual diskettes by snail mail and you can email me back the notepad files as pc text files. You can keep the diskettes. Thanks
Old 01 September 2020, 10:46   #23
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokri View Post
Hi everybody,

I have two amiga 500 diskettes containing several notepad short stories written around 1990's. I don't have the technology to do the job myself, so I can send you the actual diskettes by snail mail and you can email me back the notepad files as pc text files. You can keep the diskettes. Thanks
I can try to recover the files for you. Depending on the state/condition of the floppy disks, it may or may not be successful.

PM me if you are still interested.