English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 05 June 2007, 00:01   #21
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
why not just delete the old versions and stick to the new one you know works ?
Old 05 June 2007, 00:16   #22
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
why not just delete the old versions and stick to the new one you know works ?
IC likes the challenge.
Old 05 June 2007, 00:19   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CD32/CDTV CD audio is totally different (nothing to do with uaescsi.device) and it "should" work in digital mode as long as long as SPTI is selected.

Please, try to be more specific.
Old 05 June 2007, 00:32   #24
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Nope, nothing new involving that as far as I know...

I have read some cdda problem threads before posting, and read about the uaescsi.device, but for some reason it's gray and I can't select it. Don't bother installing latest again to see if that one is checked as default, that might explain why I get audio in latest, but not 1.2 and 1.3.1.... will toy with the settings in 1.3.1 tomorrow to see if I can free the gray from uaescsi.device...

Nighty....
you don't understand what i mean, it's grey because the emulation is launched but just launch winuae interface and after, load your config without launching the game, after look the uaescsi.device if it's enable, disable the uaescsi.device.
Because if you launch cd32 games with uaescsi.device enabled it will work but with no cdda with iso, with real cdrom, i never tried.
I hope i'm enough clear, sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by turrican3; 05 June 2007 at 00:39.
Old 05 June 2007, 07:49   #25
Ironclaw
Banned

Uyp, I know... it's grey after I have loaded a config.

I launch the GUI, check the uaescsi.device and runs a mounted cue with iso+wav.... no cdda, it's not even playing the CD tracks as nothing is loading while the music should be on. I also tried lauching the GUI, uncheck and do the same, still no cdda. But If I startup latest version of WinUAE, I get cdda instantly.

I don't use latest version[s] because of 3 reasons.

1. Don't want to state.
2. Don't want to state.
3. All version after 1.3.1, including latest still has the sound pitch problem when recording (and this is the main reason I guess).
Old 05 June 2007, 07:52   #26
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

sound really strange
Old 05 June 2007, 07:53   #27
Ironclaw
Banned

I know. I don't get it either.... works in latest, but doesn't work in 1.2 and 1.3.1 but it did before.... not even with uaescsi on or off.
Old 05 June 2007, 12:52   #28
G.Longsword
Zone Friend

hmm,

perhaps an soundcard-prob ?, are you sure you have all soundoutputs enabled in your soundcard-mixer-options? I can remember that i wondered a while ago not getting any sound via my tv-card anymore, it came out that something wasn`t enabled in the mixer...
Old 05 June 2007, 13:39   #29
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Longsword
hmm,

perhaps an soundcard-prob ?, are you sure you have all soundoutputs enabled in your soundcard-mixer-options? I can remember that i wondered a while ago not getting any sound via my tv-card anymore, it came out that something wasn`t enabled in the mixer...
Not that either, tried it all... all I can think of that is... but I know some more test I could do.... but too lazy right now.. it's not really a priority to play games with tracks... it's just good to know where the tracks in the games are played so I know where to add them after recording a longplay (as winuae doesn't record the audio tracks along with the sound from the game).
Old 05 June 2007, 14:37   #30
hexaae
Bug hunter

So you say it could be that analog connections are missing for me? I can't hear CD tracks even using Amiga's Tools/PlayCD (uaescsi.device 0, CD0: mounted and correctly configured). But why Windows Media Player (WMP) plays CD tracks correctly from Win side? It doesn't use analog output? Be patient, I'm still a Win newbie...
Old 05 June 2007, 18:20   #31
Ironclaw
Banned

I solved my problem. I need to have "SPTI+SCSI SCAN" under Misc and not "AdaptecASPI" which it was set on as default in the CD32 quickstart config. Uaescsi.device on or off made no difference. So now I'm sure I could get cdda sound again in all versions, but don't bother to try it as it now works in 1.3.1.

Has this even been mentioned in other threads where people have problem with the cdda?, I couldn't find it.
Old 05 June 2007, 19:29   #32
Ironclaw
Banned

Hexaae, I'm curious to see if this fixes your problem aswell.
Old 05 June 2007, 23:24   #33
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Hexaae, I'm curious to see if this fixes your problem aswell.
No As Toni said CD32 emu is different... I'm really afraid there is no analog audio connection (soundcard<->CD) in the laptop, even if Windows Media Player plays CD tracks (digitally?)...
Old 06 June 2007, 07:39   #34
Ironclaw
Banned

So weird, as I too have a laptop, I too can play audtio tracks from CDs in winamp, wmp and stuff in windows.... and if you can that, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to play them in winuae as you clearly have a connection between your CD and soundcard, how would you else be able to play CD tracks in windows?...

Maybe you should try winuae again?...

Oh well, as long as it works on my laptop, an always has since I bought it... but just not recently because something changed my settings in WinUAE...
Old 06 June 2007, 08:15   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

How many times I have to explain it?

uaescsi.device is simple "adapter". (like copper to optical cable audio adapter, it has no internal logic, it just connects two different types of "cables" without touching the data)

uaescsi.device is not a SCSI emulator. It is not a CDROM emulator, it is not a DVD emulator. It is not <put something here> emulator. It is not an emulator!

uaescsi.device connects emulated environment to real SCSI devices (which includes IDE CD/DVD because they also use SCSI commands) You can even burn CDs, rip CDs, use SCSI scanners etc..

CD32 and CDTV are very different. CD32/CDTV CD is emulated because they have custom CDROM controller and drive (no, there is no SCSI, not even in CDTV). No modern drive understand CD32/CDTV commands without emulation and translation. Also CD32/CDTV drive commands are very simple. (about 10 different commands compared to tens of different SCSI commands + hundreds of variants and error codes..)

Easy workaround: use CD images and CD emulator that supports digital audio internally.
Old 06 June 2007, 08:23   #36
Ironclaw
Banned

No need for explanation for me . I just wondered why I can play CD tracks in winuae when not hexaae can as we both have laptops.. and I think mine is older than his..... btw, I only play iso+wav or iso+wav+cue games.. never an image or burned ones... but they work aswell.
Old 06 June 2007, 11:58   #37
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
How many times I have to explain it?

uaescsi.device connects emulated environment to real SCSI devices (which includes IDE CD/DVD because they also use SCSI commands) You can even burn CDs, rip CDs, use SCSI scanners etc..
Ok, but I still miss the point... why I can't hear tracks using Amiga's Utilities/PlayCD? The CD starts playing, tracks skip etc. but no output sound at all. Can you explain me exactly why?

Quote:
Easy workaround: use CD images and CD emulator that supports digital audio internally.
What are you talking about? DeviousTools on Win side? On the Amiga side I don't think a game like T-Zer0 which suspend multitasking can use a mounted CD image...
Old 06 June 2007, 12:09   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae
Ok, but I still miss the point... why I can't hear tracks using Amiga's Utilities/PlayCD? The CD starts playing, tracks skip etc. but no output sound at all. Can you explain me exactly why?
Because they ask for analog audio output and newer laptops don't have any analog connection between drive and sound card.

Quote:
What are you talking about? DeviousTools on Win side? On the Amiga side I don't think a game like T-Zer0 which suspend multitasking can use a mounted CD image...
Windows-side of course.
Old 06 June 2007, 20:21   #39
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Because they ask for analog audio output and newer laptops don't have any analog connection between drive and sound card.

Windows-side of course.
Oki. Thanks for clarifications I needed (and feared ;-( ). I'll investigate if on my Presario F500EA is possible to enable analog connections...