English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 08 July 2007, 06:55   #21
mrodfr

Hello,

I would like to thanks recent whdload and fix (on beginning of july 2007) from psygore, codetapper and dj mike, jotd, wepl,... thanks to them and good summer holiday to all.

Just Cfou! is missing and It's sad for all :-\
Maybe he defent hyperion against amiga inc
Old 10 July 2007, 19:33   #22
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
lol
Old 10 July 2007, 22:50   #23
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Bubble Bobble is almost complete now. It supports the 3 SPS versions 1342-1344. There are options for infinite lives and a level skip, but sadly I haven't been able to make a starting level option (it would be nice to be able to start on level 50 for example). If anyone here has ever trained the game and has gotten a level select working, contact me ASAP!

The last level is incredibly difficult, I can't imagine anyone would have been able to complete this game without cheating!
Old 11 July 2007, 10:35   #24
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Excellent news mate, cheers for not only going back and fixing the installs, but for adding all the extra "oomph" to them with multiple version supports, trainers etc.

Are there any noticeable differences between the SPS versions? Not just cosmetic, but format wise?
Old 11 July 2007, 11:03   #25
girv
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Inevitably such talented, creative people need to branch out into other projects too otherwise their enthusiasm for core projects becomes stifled.
"talented, creative" - I like it

But you're exactly right, I think Speaking for myself, I get bored and/or distracted very easily And I'll admit that I got narked off with WHD in particular a few months ago, after I put a lot of effort and late nights into an installer and got precisely zero feedback from testing I took a break, redid my website, had a holiday and I've even started learning C++, SDL and OpenGL (= games!) programming on the PC, but now the ol' "WHD Love" has returned and I'm just waiting for a SCART extension cable to arrive so I can get back into it
Old 11 July 2007, 11:10   #26
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Don't be down Girv, I get a tad annoyed with WHDLoad every now and then
Sorry if I didn't feed back on your install, which one was it?

A SCART extension cable sounds like a great idea mate, whoever suggested that is probably a genius.
Old 11 July 2007, 12:28   #27
girv
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Don't be down Girv, I get a tad annoyed with WHDLoad every now and then Sorry if I didn't feed back on your install, which one was it?
Don't worry about it - I've got over my little sulk and it's all in the past now

Quote:
A SCART extension cable sounds like a great idea mate, whoever suggested that is probably a genius.
Not only a genius, but also probably really good looking with a killer fashion sense too, I'd say.
Old 11 July 2007, 13:30   #28
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Bubble Bobble is almost complete now. It supports the 3 SPS versions 1342-1344. There are options for infinite lives and a level skip, but sadly I haven't been able to make a starting level option (it would be nice to be able to start on level 50 for example). If anyone here has ever trained the game and has gotten a level select working, contact me ASAP!

The last level is incredibly difficult, I can't imagine anyone would have been able to complete this game without cheating!
Great news. I wondered if this will ever get fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv View Post

But you're exactly right, I think Speaking for myself, I get bored and/or distracted very easily And I'll admit that I got narked off with WHD in particular a few months ago, after I put a lot of effort and late nights into an installer and got precisely zero feedback from testing I took a break, redid my website, had a holiday and I've even started learning C++, SDL and OpenGL (= games!) programming on the PC, but now the ol' "WHD Love" has returned and I'm just waiting for a SCART extension cable to arrive so I can get back into it
I wonder what installer that might be.

I wasn't aware that you guys needed WHDLoad tester.

Last edited by BippyM; 11 July 2007 at 18:06. Reason: mulit-quoting works too ;)
Old 11 July 2007, 13:41   #29
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Wink Bubble Bobble differences

Quote:
Are there any noticeable differences between the SPS versions? Not just cosmetic, but format wise?
SPS 1342 and 1343 have a different title picture. 1342 has no credits on the title, 1343 does.

1343 is actually identical to 1344 except it has a copylock encrypting it. Once you have stripped away the protection, those 2 versions are exactly the same.

SPS 1342 doesn't actually allocate enough memory for the main sprites in the game, so this might cause problems at some point. I allocated enough extra memory to load the entire file into it and therefore all files can be compressed.

1342 also has a problem with the stack being too small which caused me a lot of problems with phantom crashes when using WHDLoad's debugging tools as they use a lot of stack space. Probably wouldn't notice it on the original game though.
Old 11 July 2007, 14:10   #30
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Cool, some good info there actually.

Strange they changed the title screen though. Wouldn't thought they would ever bother really, it's not exactly going to sell more copies is it.

I'm looking forward to the day when HOL 'handles' different game versions properly as I think it's very interesting stuff!
Old 11 July 2007, 17:53   #31
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv View Post

I'm sure many here are glad you've got that lovin' feeling for WHDLoad again m8!