English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 19 July 2010, 08:44   #21
RNS

Floppy disk [ongoing] Arcymag/Archmage beta version

Hi guys! Robert / Minniat, the programmer here:

Thanks to Logan and Shoonay for advertising the game. From the release of first and second demo many things have happened and the game is now at beta stage! This beta version will work only on classic Amiga with AGA chipset (unexpanded Amiga 1200 is enough) or emulator, bacause it is written entirely in assembler. It is a game very similiar to Robbo/Sokoban and placed in medieval castle. The features are: nice and colorful graphics, fast and flexible engine, nice sound effects (music will appear after). The view is, unlike first demos, from the above so there is much more place on the map and engine has much more features and is faster.

http://minniatian.republika.pl/Arcymag/ArcymagBeta.lha Here you can grab the beta version. By far it includes only 4 levels.

The game is ready to run on version 3.0 Kickstart/Workbench. Just extract archive and click on the icon. The controls are: joystick and ESC (exit game) and R (restart level ) Keys.

Bugreports and suggestions are very welcome. Send them to bun7/poczta fm (thanks). Enjoy the game and see you

Here's a screenshot from 2nd level:

Old 19 July 2010, 10:30   #22
Konrad

Hats off for still creating an Amiga game . I'm really looking forward to this. Although, if I may be honest...

I understand that the prior perspective restricted the size of the playfield and that there's more space now. But I really LOVED the graphics. There were so many details on floor and walls. And the player sprite was looking great. I was really looking forward for this.

All the fine details are lost now . Also, you have a strange perspective mix going on. For example, the player is seen from top, whereas the treasure chests have the same perspective as before. The player sprite is...ugly, sorry. It simply doesn't fit to the rest of the graphics. Guess it was made by another artist ?! This one definately has to change.

But as I said, still looking forward to this. Keep us updated .
Old 19 July 2010, 13:14   #23
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I must agree, the dynablaster/bug bomber style perspective looked a lot better, at least on the screenshots
Old 19 July 2010, 19:38   #24
Graham Humphrey

I've submitted a short preview on this game to Amiga Future after having played the Alpha (?) version on Aminet... looks like I've suffered from the "complete article in time for new version to be released" syndrome

I never tried the game with the previous perspective... although that does look better the most important thing is the gameplay so if it's better now then great.

Also how do you complete the third screen on the Aminet version? Is it possible? I always manage to block off some of the treasure. How do you do it?
Old 25 September 2010, 12:27   #25
Zagrebista

I'm using my first post here to say yes, bring back the old quasi-isometric view! It's that important.

(PS, hello all)
Old 18 October 2010, 22:54   #26
RNS

All right my dear friends, since you'd like to the upcoming version of the Archmage will have isometric view with original graphician's theme. But this version has a chance to appear by Christmas (or a bit earlier) because I'm studying computer science by now and have got a lot of work

BTW: Have you heard of the competition on Amiga.org which was organised last year? I managed to write a game called "Dwarves in the Iceland" which is fully working Lemmings clone. This Christmas Cammy (organiser of the competition) will be completing X-Mas Amiga Games CD and I need to complete the "Dwarves in the Iceland" in order to make it a part of the X-Mas compilation.

Cheers.

Old 19 October 2010, 17:44   #27
kriz

Really good and cool work !! Thx for the updates !!
Old 19 October 2010, 18:55   #28
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Also how do you complete the third screen on the Aminet version? Is it possible? I always manage to block off some of the treasure. How do you do it?
No help then?

(Not that it really matters anymore...)
Old 23 July 2011, 22:42   #29
Zagrebista

Any news?
Old 24 July 2011, 00:11   #30
Photon

Thumb for support, always nice to see gamedevs on Amiga
Old 23 August 2011, 10:21   #31
r0ber7
it's all in your head

Looking good!

Well done on releasing your demo! I'm still working toward a first alpha release of my Amiga platform adventure. I know how much work finishing a game can be, so much respect for you guys. Until yesterday, I didn't realize there was an EAB Game Factory forum (so many subforums!).

Good luck on the Christmas version.