English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 27 February 2008, 09:07   #21
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Well that made interesting reading.

Obviously I've had similar experience in the past but cheers for the link.
a little bit other. you spread a fullversion from our games. your hoster delete it and some days later the fullversion are again online....
Old 27 February 2008, 09:28   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'd still like to see your proof of copyright over these tunes. At the moment, all we have is your word, and frankly, i'm no more likely to believe you than I am to believe that Osama Bin Laden is a misunderstood man.

I'd like to see a scanned copy of the document that says that you are now the sole copyright holder pertaining to those titles and everything within them, how long the copyright is, and why in particular you picked these titles that frankly, I see ZERO profit in.

I own the copyright to Psygnosis' entire Amiga back catalogue everyone!!!!
Old 27 February 2008, 09:33   #23
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWithin View Post
Music for games has almost always been as a work for hire. That means that the composer retains no rights whatsoever.
Thats as maybe Mike, but what capacity did Volker provide the music? As a freelancer or as part of the development team, if its the latter, then there would be a significant issue as to whether or not Volker surrendered his control over the music.

I provided a tune for The Speris Legacy, I was part of the development team, and at no point have I ever released it as public domain, it is still my copyright.
Old 27 February 2008, 09:34   #24
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'd still like to see your proof of copyright over these tunes. At the moment, all we have is your word, and frankly, i'm no more likely to believe you than I am to believe that Osama Bin Laden is a misunderstood man.
and which right have you that you think you can see our contracts?

and why you dont ask the webmasters that you would like see their contracts, too?
Old 27 February 2008, 09:39   #25
EmuChicken

... I'm thinking of hosting a website just full of downloadable APC-TCP games and music... anyone up for helping me out?

Why the hell would you claim on copyright for ingame music anyways? Thats just dumb, unless there are CD's being actively sold (which I highly doubt- unless we're talking aboot Chris Huelsbeck who's music I highly admire)

... Frankly, if the APC TCP company rather made stuff than "protecting" some of its ancient works, they'd have a huge company by now... time wasted!

We all live in a country of free speech! ... right?
...apparently
Old 27 February 2008, 09:47   #26
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
and which right have you that you think you can see our contracts?

and why you dont ask the webmasters that you would like see their contracts, too?
I have EVERY right to see your claim on copyright, or are you the only 'company' in the world that doesn't keep documentation relating to your copyrights????

How is your copyright asserted? If you cannot or will not provide proof of your copyright over these files, it therefore is logical that you have no copyright over them and you are fraudulently claiming items as your own.

What makes you 'think' you don't have to prove it? So you send a message to a webhoster, and they are expected to accept your unsolicited email as proof??

I think you need a lesson in copyright law, the onus is on YOU to PROVE that you are the copyright holder, and you would have paperwork from the company/development team/persons directly involved in the project, signing over copyright to you, and, obviously it would not have been done for free, so you would have a receipt for your financial records for the cost of buying the copyright to said files.

Until YOU prove that you do infact hold copyright, any claims by you should be considered bogus, without foundation and fraudulent.

Do I need to go on?
Old 27 February 2008, 09:49   #27
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuChicken View Post
... I'm thinking of hosting a website just full of downloadable APC-TCP games and music... anyone up for helping me out?

Why the hell would you claim on copyright for ingame music anyways? Thats just dumb, unless there are CD's being actively sold (which I highly doubt- unless we're talking aboot Chris Huelsbeck who's music I highly admire)

... Frankly, if the APC TCP company rather made stuff than "protecting" some of its ancient works, they'd have a huge company by now... time wasted!

We all live in a country of free speech! ... right?
...apparently
Not a bad idea, just find a webhoster in Thailand, stick all of APC-TCP's 'stuff' on there, and see exactly what Andreas will be able to do about that!

If Andreas wants to play silly games, other people can too, except they'd be a little better at it!
Old 27 February 2008, 10:03   #28
AndreasM

Quote:
I have EVERY right to see your claim on copyright,
You have nothing

Quote:
or are you the only 'company' in the world that doesn't keep documentation relating to your copyrights????
You think really you can go to anyone company and there must you give a copie from any contracts?

Quote:
What makes you 'think' you don't have to prove it? So you send a message to a webhoster, and they are expected to accept your unsolicited email as proof??
its give every time 2 ways. the way what i mostly use that i write to the webmaster and he accept our rights. on this way i dont must do any.

the other way is the official way. call police and lawyer. there have copies from the contracts. you think really the second way are better?
Old 27 February 2008, 10:08   #29
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
You have nothing

You think really you can go to anyone company and there must you give a copie from any contracts?

its give every time 2 ways. the way what i mostly use that i write to the webmaster and he accept our rights. on this way i dont must do any.

the other way is the official way. call police and lawyer. there have copies from the contracts. you think really the second way are better?
The reason WHY you need to prove it is because we only have your word, and frankly, thats not worth the paper its printed on!!!

Until such time that you can PROVE you have copyright over these files (and simply saying so isn't enough), Buzz and Exotica should treat your claims as malicious and without foundation.

And email saying 'we have copyright' is never enough!
Old 27 February 2008, 10:16   #30
AndreasM

Quote:
The reason WHY you need to prove it is because we only have your word, and frankly, thats not worth the paper its printed on!!!
right. but why you only ask me for any contracts? Why you dont ask any webmaster where spread files from us?

Quote:
Until such time that you can PROVE you have copyright over these files (and simply saying so isn't enough), Buzz and Exotica should treat your claims as malicious and without foundation.
Exotica is a special think. maked by a mistake from me and Buzz. i would only that he ad the copyright notice inside the archive and not only outside the archive.

Quote:
And email saying 'we have copyright' is never enough!
right, but many cheaper for the webmaster as i going the official way...
Old 27 February 2008, 10:21   #31
EmuChicken

... Should I take the next plane to Thailand? :-D

...Oh by the way, I own ACP&TCP... I'm not showing you the documents though
Old 27 February 2008, 10:34   #32
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Quote:
Exotica is a special think. maked by a mistake from me and Buzz. i would only that he ad the copyright notice inside the archive and not only outside the archive.
One thing to note though Andreas. In your original email to me from 2005 when you gave me permission to host the files, you made no mention of putting the copyright "inside" the archives, but instead asked to put a note on the pages. I agreed to that, and all was well, until you emailed my web host 3 years later.
Old 27 February 2008, 10:40   #33
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
One thing to note though Andreas. In your original email to me from 2005 when you gave me permission to host the files, you made no mention of putting the copyright "inside" the archives, but instead asked to put a note on the pages. I agreed to that, and all was well, until you emailed my web host 3 years later.
i know that i forget that i allow you to host this files. i say sorry for this in the email to you.

but i am sure that i email too that you inlude the info inside, too. when really not (i dont have the time to search the old emails) i must say sorry! but i looked some min. ago and no infos are inside the archive.

why i mailed to your web host you know. i dont found a contact-adress to you. only the contact adress to the hoster.
Old 27 February 2008, 10:49   #34
BuZz

You could have said to them "do you have the contact address for the admin for this site" rather than cry piracy to them. (Which worries web hosts.).
Old 27 February 2008, 10:52   #35
AndreasM

Quote:
You could have said to them "do you have the contact address for the admin for this site" rather than cry piracy to them. (Which worries web hosts.).
Web Hoster dont give adresses to other people. when i like get your adress from the web hoster i must use my lawyer or police...
Old 27 February 2008, 10:59   #36
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Quote:
i dont found a contact-adress to you.
To be honest, I don't think you tried very hard.
Old 27 February 2008, 11:30   #37
BuZz

Quote:
Web Hoster dont give adresses to other people. when i like get your adress from the web hoster i must use my lawyer or police...
I'm sure they would have given you my address, or at least contacted me with yours. My postal address is on the domain (whois exotica.org.uk), so my email address is no secret!
Old 27 February 2008, 11:34   #38
AndreasM

Quote:
I'm sure they would have given you my address, or at least contacted me with yours. My postal address is on the domain (whois exotica.org.uk), so my email address is no secret!
german law (and i think the law in UK are the same) dont allow the hoster to give any data to other people without police.

and special USA, UK and france i never get any adresses "unofficial" from the hosters the last years.

the only way what i can do is to delete the files and close the page. that do the developer. mostly fwd the mail to the webmaster for a statement.

the other way are the official way, what i not really like
Old 27 February 2008, 12:19   #39
Ian
Global Moderator

Of course you don't like doing it the official way, sending an email claiming you own the copyright seems to be working for you, where as to go the official route you will need to prove you actually do own the copyright first, which I am fairly certain from your comments here that you don't.

Quote:
right. but why you only ask me for any contracts? Why you dont ask any webmaster where spread files from us?
[EDIT: Removed by Cody]

Last edited by CodyJarrett; 27 February 2008 at 12:25. Reason: Insults again
Old 27 February 2008, 12:26   #40
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Due to the second posting with insults I've closed this thread.

BuZz and AndreasM: please continue this discussion in private.