English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 August 2022, 17:56   #21
Mixel

Happy to see youre having some luck with it!

I have no idea about the wiring of the adapter, sorry! i just know i bought the wrong type at one point. I suspect if it works at all its probably wired up right.

i think my Aiptek also only works in Formaldihyd.. i couldnt get pressure to work in the free version of PPaint with it, though its a long time since i tried - it works fine in the version thats still commerically available though.. 7.3c or something, i forget. It also works in ArtEffect and Photogenics.

If you have RTG its worth trying TVpaint, for sure.. that's tablet drivers are built into the app itself thoufh so you dont need to load anything else first. I doubt it'll work but definitely worth a try.

Very cool to see a usb tablet working at all! Great progress. I wonder if its possible to emulate the posieden drivers in winuae and get that usb wacom running on an emulated amiga? (probably not but would be the first time i've seen a usb tablet work properly on an emulated amiga if so!)

Last edited by Mixel; 24 August 2022 at 20:26.
Old 24 August 2022, 18:22   #22
spudje

OK, so guess serial Graphire is just too new for most drivers. Maybe look out for an Art Pad/Pen Partner then?

Weird thing I just noticed, USB only works in ArtEffect when ArtEffect is set to AccuPoint tablet driver...
Old 24 August 2022, 22:35   #23
Mixel

Sounds about right.. Good luck finding one of them with the pen though.. They're pretty much unobtainium now.

STOP THE PRESS lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225132888...Bk9SR6a3yJPaYA

Somebody buy that. And keep us posted on how it goes, haha. It's a freaking ridiculously good price. I have an Ultrapad A5.. I'm tempted but cant really justify getting another.. That's potentially the best tablet for the classic amiga as it should work in DPaint, and everything else and is approx square, which is weirdly better for most of the apps, including TVPaint.

It claims complete, but TBH it doesnt look like it comes with the PSU. I bought a generic one.. IDK what happened to all the original PSUs.
Old 24 August 2022, 23:44   #24
spudje

But this is a big one, isn't it? Don't have the room for that. A5 is fine.
And from UK, so import taxes
Old 25 August 2022, 01:22   #25
Mixel

It is pretty big! Tbh the A5 is also pretty big. Such a good price though.. I hope some Amigan or other buys it.
Old 23 April 2023, 07:17   #26
DavidsonFoxy

I tested an Artpad II under winuae and it only worked with the Tableau Pro drivers
I only got this weird thing in Art effect where sometimes it keeps drawing when the pen is not touching the surface
But when I select Accupoint driver in the settings tab it no longer occurs but now the pen pressure is more stiff making it a bit difficult to draw
In Photogenics does work as it should
Since the Wacom Accupoint drivers dont work for me, I don get pressure in deluxe paint but Ive seen a picture of someone who got it working but it was on a real amiga so I dont know if its my adapter, my config, or the emulator.